Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148572 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 04:32:19 PM »
Is this the woman who wrote an article about how Asmus was sexist?  I found that laughable, Asmus was one of the least chauvinistic writers you could have asked for, but some people just look for offensiveness under every rock and stone.   

I'm sort of indifferent to this.  I'd rather a Gambit and Storm series if he was going to be teamed up with anybody.  I think this Gambit and Rogue ship sailed after X-Treme, when they were together with no stupid baggage.  As it stands right now I'm not sure. 

And again, I can't for the life of me understand why a fellow writer would slag off Asmus's Gambit run unless they were butthurt.  It was a great book.  So I'm not holding a lot of faith :(
I think I remember that article and I don't think it was Thompson. Though it sounds like Thompson was a very picky reviewer...

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »

X-Men Panel

01:53
GMarston

Shan was coy about whether Gambit and Rogue would get back together as a couple - an idea the audience seemed to like.

GMarston

"The goal here is to tell a Rogue and Gambit story that has never been told before," said Shan. "It's a fun action/adventure comic."

01:52
GMarston

Shan said that Gambit & Rogue are Kelly Thompson's favorite characters. She re-read every Rogue and Gambit story in preparation for the series.

01:51
GMarston

Like Legion, Gambit & Rogue will receive a mini-series - though Alonso teased it could go beyond the five planned issues.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 07:02:52 PM by purplevit »

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 07:09:23 PM »
There is some positives there! I think action/adventure is a good way to go.

A story never told before? LOL .... okay, yet to be seen but who knows.  ;)

A writer doing research - that is encouraging as well.

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2017, 08:12:11 PM »
Quote from: purplevit link=topic=4926. msg70800#msg70800 date=1507330730
X-Men Panel

GMarston

Shan was coy about whether Gambit and Rogue would get back together as a couple - an idea the audience seemed to like.

GMarston

"The goal here is to tell a Rogue and Gambit story that has never been told before," said Shan.  "It's a fun action/adventure comic. "

01:52
GMarston

Shan said that Gambit & Rogue are Kelly Thompson's favorite characters.  She re-read every Rogue and Gambit story in preparation for the series.

01:51
GMarston

Like Legion, Gambit & Rogue will receive a mini-series - though Alonso teased it could go beyond the five planned issues.

Is there a video anywhere of this panel?
Long (like really really long) time lurker.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 04:51:45 AM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2017, 05:36:04 AM »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 01:07:37 AM »
Got some more information. She's actually pretty open on Twitter. Pretty refreshing and relatable. Don't get that too often;

KT; "I believe There will be an interview coming soon (hopefully with art?) But I'd say that this story has some outside the box elements that I don't think have been seen before for these characters. & in addition to the "fun adventure" a deeper slightly esoteric layer."
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2017, 02:44:12 PM »
Marvel.com posted a interview with Kelly Thompson;

https://news.marvel.com/comics/78103...t-untouchable/

This part stuck out to me most;

"So instead of shying away from that history, I built the story around it and we’re leaning into it—in what I hope reads as a creative way—that will be rewarding to longtime fans, but also accessible for those who might be new to the characters and curious to find out what’s so great about them and why fans both love and hate seeing them together."

Interesting quote. As someone that routinely interviews the most tight-limped of individuals, I think they could have gone deeper. Perhaps fielded questions from fans, because these questions were really shallow, but I wouldn't expect much more than that from Marvel.com. Otherwise, we got our question of what this would be leaning towards; Romance with points of action, or Action with points of romance, it being the latter. As the weeks go on, I'm getting more enthused.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:49:58 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2017, 03:00:27 PM »
If she can put her money where her mouth is and write a good story out of it then it could be a winner.  But like with every writer the proof is in the pudding so we just have to wait and see!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2017, 03:09:48 PM »
I'm guessing 'Untouchable' is the tagline... Still cant believe they went with this "cant touch anybody" thing with Rogue again. With that said, I still don't understand how she had a "fling" with the Human Torch sometime off panel before he got with Medusa. Not to mention she supposedly had the terrigan-sickness. I think they over complicate things sometimes.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2017, 03:29:21 PM »
Maybe Kelly Thompson is the writer we NEED as Gambit fans and not so much the one we WANT.

As for the poll.. I voted solidify their relationship. But not in a romantic way. I think it's going to establish where they are with each other from here on out.

Not without a kiss or two along the way though lol.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2017, 04:03:02 PM »
Voted just a fun adventure. I doubt that they will be a couple or split forever. Always somwhere in between.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2017, 02:38:49 AM »
Kelly Thompson definetely win me over with Q&A.Super excited for R&G!
Q:Really excited for R and G book and hope that Marvel will make from it a succesfull ongoing. Can we expect to see Remy's great hand to hand skills, speed and agility back? Maybe even finally his telepathy resistance back?
A:I’m a big fan of Gambit being super agile (and leaping around acrobatically) so I’ll do my best. But it’s obviously not like “Mission One!” of the series. ;D 
Q: What is your favorite thing about Remy?
A:Too many thing to pick just one. But I can tell you that while I loved him from the first moment I saw him, it was this moment in Uncanny X-Men #272 that made me realize I’d love him FOREVER. ;D 

https://78.media.tumblr.com/cb0dfe3ffd6382bccf57bfbe71951e3a/tumblr_inline_oxqihvCwbx1r9n07i_1280.jpg
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:41:06 AM by DonPriceTag »

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2017, 08:43:16 AM »
Mark Paniccia posted this on twitter:

He posted Happy Xmen Monday with this image.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:45:04 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2017, 11:29:40 AM »
The overall artwork is good, except for why Gambit is blocking Rogue with a handful of cards. That piece looks it should be on a special box for Pizza Hut personal pan pizza, Gambit's face the way his hand and the cards are drawn, bleh... Rogue looks great however. Wow he didn't scan those scenes. He went through and recreated each of those moments by hand. Wonder if I can name them all

X-Men #4, the basketball game
X-Men Legacy "Salvage", where Xavier helped Rogue gain control of her powers
X-Men.... err Dont remember the number maybe #8, but the picnic/Bishop fight (two from that book)
Uncanny X-Men 348, aka the deflowering of Rogue
X-Men Legion Quest just before the crystal wave hit
X-Treme X-Men after Vargas ran both of them through with his sword
Messiah Complex, I think, right after Mystique hit her with a baby

I don't know where the one with her wearing shades is from or the one with just his boots in it.