Author Topic: X-Men Red  (Read 41279 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
X-Men Red
« on: November 14, 2017, 10:31:17 AM »
Jean's roster for X-Men Red is revealed. Rumor is, Gambit will be joining at some point... No reason to put him on the cover. Wouldn't want to get the fans too excited.

https://screenrant.com/x-men-red-jean-grey-mutant-team/

Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: X-Men Red
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 11:12:29 AM »
I was just going to say .... no G on the cover.

This one will stay on the shelf until we have an issue number for me to even consider this book.   ;)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 02:23:54 PM »
I was expecting so much more from this books rosters with soooo many just sitting in limbo for no good reason while we have several versions of Wolverine running around...

Just off of the top of my head I can think of a lot of characters that would have fit rather than 2 versions of Wolverine, Nightcrawler who's already in a team book, an unnecessary new character and Namor, who has no history with Jean that I can recall. And not even counting the X-Men in Astonishing (Psylocke, Bishop, and Angel), a book that is kind of outside of continuity and already on a limited run; Dazzler (she has a following that rivals Gambit's off of sheer appeal), Sage, Iceman, Karma, Northstar, Havok, Magik, Mercury, Surge, Dust, M, Lifeguard, Nate, Cable, Emma (just for list sake), Cannonball, Forge, Frenzy, Sunfire, Mimic, Cecelia and I'm sure I'm missing a whole bunch more that are both unused and fan favorites. This book has an uphill battle right out of the gate. I think they're banking on the excitement of Jean's return too much. As an editor someone should have cautioned the writer about this team. I get they have ideas and it's healthy to embrace those ideas... but do you want our money, or not? Not saying that this book can't be written well. No. I'm saying it probably going to have a slow start due to not having enough characters people are invested in, or not already seeing somewhere else. I'm sure it'll have the #1 spike, then drop like a rock as does everything else. If it's written well, word of mouth isnt going to help until months down the line and by then it'll be on it's way to be cancelled and/or relaunched. I can't imagine this book catching anyone's attention sitting on a rack beyond a big exaggerated "#1" graphic.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 03:36:38 PM »
Yeah, this is not the most exciting X-Men group ever assembled to say the least. I can't help but feel Gambit is the one to be in this book considering neither one of them is on the cover.  I can't help but feel Rogue would be prominently displayed there even if she wasn't in the first issue. Similar to Mystique in Astonishing.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 03:50:52 AM »
Huge preview for #1.

https://www.facebook.com/TomTaylorWriter/photos/pcb.1829991677011225/1829989137011479/?type=3&theater

It seems #1 sold out on preorders week before release and already went to second printing.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 08:36:35 AM »
That is good and its out next Wednesday 2/7/18.

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 10:26:00 PM »
I want to be interested... but will likely be 'wait and see' for me.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 05:24:53 PM »
Issue 1 was really good. I liked it. It surprises me because I never liked Jean and always thought that she is annoying abd boring.
I liked everything about this issue. I think it was the best #1 for team book in a long time. But it was completely Jean centric. Interesting if it will change with next issues.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 02:15:08 AM »
Hoping to see some Gambit/Nightcrawler interaction, there's not enough of it and I think they would play off each other well.
Even in action sequences, both acrobatic and quick. Could look great visually with the right artist.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 12:31:44 PM »
Cast is huge. I would expect Gambit to interact only with half of team.

X-Factor gave no Gambit interaction with Warlock or Cypher, except of small words.

Gambit and Bishop had no interaction at all. Only one page when Gambit was possessed.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 12:28:01 PM »
Cast is huge. I would expect Gambit to interact only with half of team.

X-Factor gave no Gambit interaction with Warlock or Cypher, except of small words.

Gambit and Bishop had no interaction at all. Only one page when Gambit was possessed.

Which is a shame because he works best imo when he plays off other people. And a reason I like him so much is because he can play off almost anyone. Someone really stoic like Bishop or fun like Nightcrawler

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 04:21:43 PM »
Thanks for the link. I am a bit worried about his commentary about team make up being mostly what he needed for the story sounds like he got baggage he might not have wanted also no mention of Gambit.... could be he wasnt wanted but they wanted to stick him somewhere with astonishing ending.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 04:53:12 PM »
I will wait for new interviews before issue 3 to see what Taylor will tell about Gambit.
I listened today some podcast with Taylor. The whole hour, lol. Taylor told that he was asked by Marvel to write a book about Jean. Trinary will have huge role and good moments with Jean. Last member how IIunderstood will be very important for team. He really wanted to use Gabby and X-23 in this book. Nighcrawler is amazing and was his first choice for the book. Oh, and Gambit is also there.

Hope for the best , ofcourse but with huge cast it will be hard to get Gambit fix only from RED. I hope when R&G and Astonishing will end the we will get smth new with Gambit and hopefully more in central role.

I really liked RED#1 and hope Taylor will bring his best game for it. Also,  he liked my tweet where I told that I liked #1 and asked him not to forgot that Gambit has telepathy resistance.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Gambit's new costume for Red
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 08:35:52 AM »
Xmen Red, new costume for Gambit