Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70956 times)

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 07:27:56 PM »
I'm just flipping thrilled KT is handling it. She's the best X-writer I've read in a while. She's also very aware of fans' concerns, so I think she's going to try her best to be fair to fans of each character.

I guess the reaction to R+G (letters sent, hype, etc.) must have been huge beyond sales alone. I hope they continue to have more team-up titles with other characters, even if they're minis. It's the best way to get more character development. I'm tired of buying team books for one or two Gambit scenes, you know? So yeah, this is such great news.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 07:48:04 PM »
Yall crazy... I just now read the synopsis. That book sounds like something I wrote. Let's go, my good people. Take my hands. Neko... remydat let's walk into the light together. Come. Come...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 08:47:14 PM »
Yall crazy... I just now read the synopsis. That book sounds like something I wrote. Let's go, my good people. Take my hands. Neko... remydat let's walk into the light together. Come. Come...

Begone foul creature.  You will not sway me with your silver tongue and false promises.  The sun will rise once more and the foul odor of Romy will be purged.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 08:59:07 PM »
Can't sway me just yet. LOL ... but I'm amused. LOL
Begone foul creature.  You will not sway me with your silver tongue and false promises.  The sun will rise once more and the foul odor of Romy will be purged.
Stand Tall ... we'll hang on together Remydat!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 09:18:19 PM »
... I said take my @&# @&#&# hands! By all that is grey and probably illegal within the guild, I will pimp slap the lot of you into the @&#&#$& light!

That's it. Purp get the Gators. cc locked the @&@&##&# doors.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 09:19:44 PM »
Dang, this sounds like so much fun. So happy to see KT writing them again. I figured we'd have to wait a little longer

Offline Berry

• [insert something witty]
  • X-Man Leader
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 09:55:34 PM »
Okay but who is watching the cats while they run around in space?

Caroline: I know it sounds crazy, but alcohol helps.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 10:05:02 PM »
Just had to bring those things up, eh?

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2018, 12:00:12 AM »
Awesome!!!  I honestly never thought they would let them get married(and to get a comic out of it too? Just wow!). I couldn't be happier and am very glad to be proved wrong. 

Also, I can't believe the comic is going to be set in space and have the Shi'ar in it!  I love the Shi'ar and some of my favorite Gambit stories are the ones where he is in space and I've always wanted him to go on more space adventures. It's like this comic was specifically made for me.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2018, 12:11:08 AM »
The synopsis is eerily close to that Gambit/Rogue pitch I made last year...

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 02:09:41 AM »
... I said take my @&# @&#&# hands! By all that is grey and probably illegal within the guild, I will pimp slap the lot of you into the @&#&#$& light!

That's it. Purp get the Gators. cc locked the @&@&##&# doors.

Ahah, it is always ends up with Gators ;D

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2018, 02:10:42 AM »
The synopsis is eerily close to that Gambit/Rogue pitch I made last year...

I know. Told it before. It is really fun that after your story pitch we got R&G mini.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 02:12:42 AM »

I thought that was the moon.  :-[

I am sure you are right with your guess.
I will go futher with this theory. I think they will end up using it to resurrect Cyke.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 03:27:35 AM »
I'm just flipping thrilled KT is handling it. She's the best X-writer I've read in a while. She's also very aware of fans' concerns, so I think she's going to try her best to be fair to fans of each character.

I guess the reaction to R+G (letters sent, hype, etc.) must have been huge beyond sales alone. I hope they continue to have more team-up titles with other characters, even if they're minis. It's the best way to get more character development. I'm tired of buying team books for one or two Gambit scenes, you know? So yeah, this is such great news.

Hope this book is heavily promoted and sells equally well.

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2018, 03:55:04 AM »
Okay but who is watching the cats while they run around in space?

Well somebody needs to watch the ship when they galavant. Or collosus is single again... poor bugger.

Is this the 2nd wedding she tanked..... i fully expect the next attemoted wedding for her to incolve some form of restraints to keep the run away bride in play.