Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70950 times)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2018, 02:13:56 PM »
We still have to read the entirety of Gold #30. I think Gambit was having a conversation with Storm just before he proposed to Rogue.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2018, 02:26:20 PM »
We still have to read the entirety of Gold #30. I think Gambit was having a conversation with Storm just before he proposed to Rogue.

That is a fair point.  If we get a scene like that in Gold then that would be fine.  I just don't get people trying to rationalize if such a scene did not happen.  Either these characters are on equal terms or they are not.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2018, 02:41:39 PM »

Over on CBR and helps to alleviate some concern.  Will just have to see how this plays out.

Quote from: Kelly Thompson;3736420
So...I know the desire to jump to conclusions is intense, but please keep in mind that in a short article like that, there isn't space to include a full interview - they just pick and choose quotes that work.

So, no, the pages that detail the wedding will not be "all in Rogue's POV."

So the first half of Mr. & Mrs. X #1 which will show some "between the panels" wedding stuff - we get moments for both of them. It skews a little bit toward Rogue for reasons that will be obvious when you read it, but Remy gets some time as well - Storm and Laura front and center with him, as they should be.
[/size]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:21:52 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2018, 03:32:21 PM »
Some more details regarding the new book from Kelly Thompson on her tumblr.
First arc (5 issues) is a space honeymoon adventure. Mostly the guest stars are space related characters (Cerise! Deathbird! Technet! Starjammers! Imperial Guard! etc). It’s still being decided what the next arc will be but it will be at least a little bit shaped by other X-decisions that are being made right now. So we’ll see.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:41:09 PM by belay »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2018, 04:03:54 PM »
Some more details regarding the new book from Kelly Thompson on her tumblr.
First arc (5 issues) is a space honeymoon adventure. Mostly the guest stars are space related characters (Cerise! Deathbird! Technet! Starjammers! Imperial Guard! etc). It’s still being decided what the next arc will be but it will be at least a little bit shaped by other X-decisions that are being made right now. So we’ll see.

Good news. Thank you!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2018, 04:27:37 PM »

Really, did we see Gambit discussing this with Storm?  Is it unfair to expect some heart to heart with her if Rogue is getting some scenes with her friends?  Sorry I am a Gambit only fan.  I don't give a sh*t about Rogue's point of view.  Yet you don't see me arguing for it to be removed.  I am simply arguing that Gambit's POV should be presented too.  Not sure why wanting to see that should be a problem.

And he will be content to play sidekick too it seems.  I'd like to see perhaps him and Storm talking where she asks him if he is sure about this or he asks her to be his best man.  How cool would that be?  Or him asking X-23 to be there with him.  It is like Gambit doesn't have any friends to discuss this huge decision but hey we get to see Rogue discuss it with her friends.

This is the same mentality that makes me hate Romy.  There are always rationalizations for why Gambit gets the short end of the stick and people just expect Gambit only fans to be happy about it.  Sorry I am not.

Now hey if KT writes some of the above then I will admit I jumped the gun but looking at how all you guys are ready to rationalize him getting zero focus on the biggest day of his life just leads me to believe this will get swept under the rug.  It's all about Rogue because apparently she is the only one that matters.

Remydat, enough to say that you are only Gambit fan. We are here all Gambit fans first. You like Gambit no more then any other poster here. We also want to see as much Gambit POV and Gambit centric things as possible.

Relax a little bit. Gold 30 tomorrow.
So far most your arguments are wrong. I am sure Storm conversation,  pov and other things will be there.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2018, 04:55:37 PM »

Remydat, enough to say that you are only Gambit fan. We are here all Gambit fans first. You like Gambit no more then any other poster here. We also want to see as much Gambit POV and Gambit centric things as possible.

So far most your arguments are wrong. I am sure Storm conversation,  pov and other things will be there.

I was so excited that I couldn't sleep last night as soon as I was notified by one of my friends who is also a huge Gambit fan that Rogue and Gambit are getting married. Some of my friend are throwing a party tomorrow just to celebrate Gambit's wedding and really excited for a bright future for Gambit in the coming years. On a side note on this day 19th June Gambit made his first appearance in the pages of Uncanny X men 266.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2018, 05:17:48 PM »

I was so excited that I couldn't sleep last night as soon as I was notified by one of my friends who is also a huge Gambit fan that Rogue and Gambit are getting married. Some of my friend are throwing a party tomorrow just to celebrate Gambit's wedding and really excited for a bright future for Gambit in the coming years. On a side note on this day 19th June Gambit made his first appearance in the pages of Uncanny X men 266.

Yeah, was too excited to sleep too:)
Party sounds awesome!
Fun coinsidance with date.

Gold and Blue are ending in September. So on October we will have a new team books.

Maybe second arc of MMX will conect to new books somehowe? I think Rogue will be on new team book because Gambit is in RED.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2018, 05:24:51 PM »
anyone else thinking the something blue will be Nightcrawlers pubes......no? just me hmmmm...i uh...may need help

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2018, 06:15:47 PM »
 ???
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2018, 06:43:35 PM »
The more I think about the Kitty/Piotr storyline, the more I think how ridiculous it was. They spent, what, 4 or 5 issues full of flashbacks to a relationship that clearly no one cares about, they had Kitty propose twice, have cold feet three times, and then back out of the wedding at the last minute? My God, Kitty fans must be so angry right now. I think I would have preferred to have seen Piotr back out at the last minute and Kitty agree it was for the best. We'll see when the issue comes out I guess...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:03:04 PM by Nox »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2018, 07:43:29 PM »

I am not saying it to say I like Gambit more.  I am saying it to say I have zero interest in reading anything about Rogue.  That is entirely fair for me to say because you guys obviously love Romy so you don't mind reading things from Rogue's POV.  When this issue comes out and I flip through it in the comic book store, I will literally skip over any scenes that don't involve Gambit.  So when Rogue is talking to her lady friends or looking for something blue, something new, etc., I will just flip over until I see Gambit.  I give zero f**ks about anything Rogue has to say so unless you can say the same, we are fundamentally different.  That doesn't make me a better Gambit fan.  It is simply the truth.  Anything that is released about this, I will only care about the Gambit elements.

As for being wrong, I don't care.  If I left it to you guys, KT would not need to respond to explain that Gambit was going to get POV.  She responded because Gambit only fans like me were complaining.  And because of our complaining, Gambit only fans got information that the NYT author didn't feel important enough to mention.  I will certainly not apologize for that and the fault lies with Marvel and their marketing/PR that they let something be put out that only focused on Rogue.  I simply will not stop campaigning for Gambit.  You guys are happy so you will accept whatever comes out no questions asked.  I will question everything until I am satisfied that Gambit is getting his due.  Might as well get used to it as that is not going to change.

In short, why should I have to speculate or wait to find out whether Gambit will get POV in an issue?  I expect to get Gambit info the same time Marvel is releasing Rogue info.  Marvel and the NYT failed to provide Gambit info and I rightly raised the concerns and was rewarded with info.  It's as simple as that. 

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:03:26 PM by remydat »

Offline NewSun17

• Thief
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2018, 01:45:28 AM »
Been a while everybody. I've been going nuts since I got the news, then see the weirdest arguments in this group. I come here for all of my Gambit news, but some of yall need to trade in your Gambit can cards. I've hated Rogue for years ever since she broke Remeys heart after that Age of X b, but guess what??? Gambit LOVES Rogue. He's been trying to get her back for how long? Gambit finally gets what HE wants, so i'm in support of that. It should've happened a long time ago, but it finally happened.

Blah blah blah, point of view, shmoint of view. We get to hear Rogue tell her friends how amazing Remey is and how happy she is to be with HIM instead of being wishy washy. I don't care who gets more pages as long as my boy doesn't get embarrassed and Colossus is the one that got the short end of the stick this time. There's plenty of things I personally want for Gambit in comics, but again, HE just got what he's wanted forever, so i'm all in.

Next up is babies. Wouldn't mind one coming from the future, so we don't have to wait forever for that.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2018, 02:00:55 AM »
Been a while everybody. I've been going nuts since I got the news, then see the weirdest arguments in this group. I come here for all of my Gambit news, but some of yall need to trade in your Gambit can cards. I've hated Rogue for years ever since she broke Remeys heart after that Age of X b, but guess what??? Gambit LOVES Rogue. He's been trying to get her back for how long? Gambit finally gets what HE wants, so i'm in support of that. It should've happened a long time ago, but it finally happened.

Blah blah blah, point of view, shmoint of view. We get to hear Rogue tell her friends how amazing Remey is and how happy she is to be with HIM instead of being wishy washy. I don't care who gets more pages as long as my boy doesn't get embarrassed and Colossus is the one that got the short end of the stick this time. There's plenty of things I personally want for Gambit in comics, but again, HE just got what he's wanted forever, so i'm all in.

Next up is babies. Wouldn't mind one coming from the future, so we don't have to wait forever for that.

I totally agree with you. I am so happy for Gambit and super excited that he is getting such a big spotlight after such a long time. A new ongoing book that is not about being a thief which most of his solos have been about. This is a new concept and a new chapter in his life. It it will be really interesting how Kelly Thompson will handle the next chapter of his life.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2018, 02:30:28 AM »

I am not saying it to say I like Gambit more.  I am saying it to say I have zero interest in reading anything about Rogue.  That is entirely fair for me to say because you guys obviously love Romy so you don't mind reading things from Rogue's POV.  When this issue comes out and I flip through it in the comic book store, I will literally skip over any scenes that don't involve Gambit.  So when Rogue is talking to her lady friends or looking for something blue, something new, etc., I will just flip over until I see Gambit.  I give zero f**ks about anything Rogue has to say so unless you can say the same, we are fundamentally different.  That doesn't make me a better Gambit fan.  It is simply the truth.  Anything that is released about this, I will only care about the Gambit elements.

As for being wrong, I don't care.  If I left it to you guys, KT would not need to respond to explain that Gambit was going to get POV.  She responded because Gambit only fans like me were complaining.  And because of our complaining, Gambit only fans got information that the NYT author didn't feel important enough to mention.  I will certainly not apologize for that and the fault lies with Marvel and their marketing/PR that they let something be put out that only focused on Rogue.  I simply will not stop campaigning for Gambit.  You guys are happy so you will accept whatever comes out no questions asked.  I will question everything until I am satisfied that Gambit is getting his due.  Might as well get used to it as that is not going to change.

In short, why should I have to speculate or wait to find out whether Gambit will get POV in an issue?  I expect to get Gambit info the same time Marvel is releasing Rogue info.  Marvel and the NYT failed to provide Gambit info and I rightly raised the concerns and was rewarded with info.  It's as simple as that. 

If you don`t care what you are writing in posts and if they right or not then there is nothing to talk about.
Good luck to continue writing wrong arguments or things like Rogue will end up in bed with both Mags and Deadpool.