Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70951 times)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2018, 02:38:51 AM »
Here is the thing gang, KT isn't going to write Gambit all that much .. she hasn't so far imo. She's going to write Rogue, and as long as G is there to help her .. well there you go. If that is good enough for you .. okay. No judgement, not good, or bad - just is ...  again imo.

edit:I'm not excited because Gambit will be unimportant, he's a "purse", as long as he can hold Rogue's bags or what not .. he's fine. I get the HEA love  - I don't see Gambit being anything of meaning. IMO.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:56:50 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2018, 02:47:42 AM »
Been a while everybody. I've been going nuts since I got the news, then see the weirdest arguments in this group. I come here for all of my Gambit news, but some of yall need to trade in your Gambit can cards. I've hated Rogue for years ever since she broke Remeys heart after that Age of X b, but guess what??? Gambit LOVES Rogue. He's been trying to get her back for how long? Gambit finally gets what HE wants, so i'm in support of that. It should've happened a long time ago, but it finally happened.

Blah blah blah, point of view, shmoint of view. We get to hear Rogue tell her friends how amazing Remey is and how happy she is to be with HIM instead of being wishy washy. I don't care who gets more pages as long as my boy doesn't get embarrassed and Colossus is the one that got the short end of the stick this time. There's plenty of things I personally want for Gambit in comics, but again, HE just got what he's wanted forever, so i'm all in.

Next up is babies. Wouldn't mind one coming from the future, so we don't have to wait forever for that.

This. It’s also why I stopped shipping him with other people. He wants her. He loves her. Not some random character that gets thrown in his way.

As for the POV stuff, of course I want more from him. I’ll see how it goes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:55:06 AM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2018, 03:28:33 AM »
KT:
You can see in Gold who Rogue and Gambit had standing for them as “bridesmaids” and “groomsmen” - Gambit had Storm and Laura. Rogue had Bobby and Nightcrawler.
But yes, you’ll see more of those scenes leading to that moment in Mr. & Mrs. X #1.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:19:18 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2018, 05:53:29 AM »
Issue 2 cover

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2018, 08:18:43 AM »

If you don`t care what you are writing in posts and if they right or not then there is nothing to talk about.
Good luck to continue writing wrong arguments or things like Rogue will end up in bed with both Mags and Deadpool.

Missing the point.  I respond to what Marvel put out.  Marvel put out an article where they only mentioned Rogue getting POV.  It is fair game for me to respond to that and the fault lies with Marvel's PR not me.

Their PR was incomplete hence why KT had to subsequently clarify.  Hopefully it is a lesson learned by Marvel.  They have 2 characters in a book and I expect the PR to discuss both characters.  Period. 

As for the Mags and Deadpool thing, think you need to lighten up.  It was a joke.  A joke borne out of Gambit pouring out his heart to Rogue and Rogue then sleeping with Mags shortly after.  Again, you blaming me for sh*t Marvel did.  If there are bitter Gambit fans out there then guess what, that is on Marvel.  They wrote the stories that made us bitter.  Just because you got over the hump doesn't mean everyone else will.  When I see Gambit get fair characterization on par with Rogue then I will change my mind.  Hasn't happened yet as even in the mini, again it was obvious the villain and that whole story was set up for Rogue not Gambit.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 08:44:54 AM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2018, 10:20:20 AM »

I really liked Gold 30. It was a very good and beautiful issue.
All felt natural.

Happy for Gambit and Rogue.

Sad for Colossus and Kitty but will see how it all will end.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »
Missing the point.  I respond to what Marvel put out.  Marvel put out an article where they only mentioned Rogue getting POV.  It is fair game for me to respond to that and the fault lies with Marvel's PR not me.

Their PR was incomplete hence why KT had to subsequently clarify.  Hopefully it is a lesson learned by Marvel.  They have 2 characters in a book and I expect the PR to discuss both characters.  Period. 

As for the Mags and Deadpool thing, think you need to lighten up.  It was a joke.  A joke borne out of Gambit pouring out his heart to Rogue and Rogue then sleeping with Mags shortly after.  Again, you blaming me for sh*t Marvel did.  If there are bitter Gambit fans out there then guess what, that is on Marvel.  They wrote the stories that made us bitter.  Just because you got over the hump doesn't mean everyone else will.  When I see Gambit get fair characterization on par with Rogue then I will change my mind.  Hasn't happened yet as even in the mini, again it was obvious the villain and that whole story was set up for Rogue not Gambit.

I don`t blame you for anything. You are one of the best Gambit posters that always could continue an interesting conversation or add good arguments.

But with wedding spoilers you spamed a lot of threads with posts with wrong arguments at best. That is why I told you to relax and check Gold 30 first.

You have your own opinion and free to post anything you want. It was just a try to calm you down because we are on the same forum for years and kinda know each other.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2018, 10:58:06 AM »
Issue 2 cover

Ha! That should be entertaining. Really hope Gambit beats his ass (but I have a feeling it will be Rogue who does it)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2018, 10:58:30 AM »
All felt natural.

I actually felt the opposite, like it was very abrupt. Perhaps because I had read all the leaked pages so that there were no surprises left. At least, there’ll be some filling in in the new series.

Gotta admit, though. I’m not that excited about the news. I was really hoping Gambit was going get a new solo series, instead he gets a shared title. I don’t doubt it’ll be fun as I really enjoyed the mini (except for a few nitpicks) but Gambit having some development of his own is too much to ask apparently. 

And although I don’t think Gambit will be Rogue’s sidekick, I do worry that he will get the short end of the stick because we know that Rogue is the preferred character.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2018, 11:27:34 AM »

I don`t blame you for anything. You are one of the best Gambit posters that always could continue an interesting conversation or add good arguments.

But with wedding spoilers you spamed a lot of threads with posts with wrong arguments at best. That is why I told you to relax and check Gold 30 first.

You have your own opinion and free to post anything you want. It was just a try to calm you down because we are on the same forum for years and kinda know each other.

Is it spam when Romy lovers post in multiple threads? Marvel has given people ample reason to be pessimitic and given others ample reason to be optimistic.  To each his own.  I posted my thoughts based on what Marvel put out.  It was not giving Gambit his due IMO.

I don't tell you not to be optimistic so not sure why you telling me not to be pessmisitc.  It is not a question of right or wrong but of how much faith people still have in Marvel.

You think they have done right by Gambit recently and I don't.  We had a major NYT article and the focus was on Rogue.  Anyone not familiar with the characters reading that article would view Rogue as the star.  Same with the mini.  For anyone new that mini was a Rogue vehicle.

In any event we won't agree.  I will continue to be pessimistic until I see real development outside of being Rogue's love interest.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2018, 11:38:00 AM »

Ha! That should be entertaining. Really hope Gambit beats his ass (but I have a feeling it will be Rogue who does it)

Pessimism alert.  Just married and Marvel already has an image of Deapool moving in on dudes wife.  And people get upset when I joke about Deadpool sleeping with Rogue.  Guess only Marvel can make fun of Gambit.

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2018, 11:41:45 AM »
I liked the issue. I don’t think Illyana said enough to Kitty to really put doubts in some one’s mind like that. However wouldn’t it be cool if Kitty’s powers were disrupted by a x-villain which then made small doubts flourish?
I could see Rogue and Gambit skipping steps and just go straight to a ceremony. Seems to me that the Marvel is respecting all their characters again. There is still favourites but the age of making characters look bad for no reason is finished.Peter was left at the alter but he wasn’t made a fool or assigned the blame.

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2018, 11:52:35 AM »

Pessimism alert.  Just married and Marvel already has an image of Deapool moving in on dudes wife.  And people get upset when I joke about Deadpool sleeping with Rogue.  Guess only Marvel can make fun of Gambit.

Perfectly understandable to be skeptical when it comes to Marvel treatment of Gambit. But hey remember when Milligan’s run of X-Men sold 85k when ppl expected him to actually try but got Deathbit. Now it’s it’s hard to get any X-Men issue above 40k even if it’s good.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2018, 11:56:28 AM »

Umm, I guess I'm confused. Are you replying to my comment or to the cover itself?

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2018, 12:18:33 PM »
Just read Gold #30 in full. I was expecting it to be a poorly written issue...it actually was quite good, and it had a nice flow to it. Artwork was amazing, the moonlight scenes with Kitty/Colossus and with Magik on the rooftop was beautifully lit. Guggenheim somehow wrote everyone in-character. No "boyos" from Gambit and held back on the "sugahs" for Rogue (she only said it once). In fact Rogue and Remy's interactions were in a similar tone to Kelly Thompson's writing, I heard that she tweaked a few things and had some slight involvement in the script.

Initially I thought it'd be like Chuck Austen's disastrous Alex/Lorna wedding which was one of the worst things I've ever read in an X-Men book.  Although Kitty comes off flaky...I actually thought Colossus handled everything quite well...I genuinely felt for him, and came off rather okay in a terrible situation...Kitty probably not so much, but we'll see in #31. Perhaps Magik was a little out-of-character herself.

Overall, the interactions between characters were mostly enjoyable. For the finale, well Rogue and Gambit's sudden marriage after reading this felt natural to me, they are spontaneous characters, it's something that they would do...and we'll see some more insight in MrMrsX #1.