Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70917 times)

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
Wth happened to Gambits Cajun accent( which I love) has it totally disappeared at this point? Has the stuff that made this character so original beimg watered down?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:38:44 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2018, 12:53:09 PM »

Umm, I guess I'm confused. Are you replying to my comment or to the cover itself?

The cover.  Just thought it funny that Purp was giving me a hard time about joking about Rogue sleeping with Mags and Deadpool in light of a cover already showing Deadpool moving in on Rogue.

Being tongue in cheek of course.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2018, 01:27:38 PM »

I really liked Gold 30. It was a very good and beautiful issue.
All felt natural.

Happy for Gambit and Rogue.

Sad for Colossus and Kitty but will see how it all will end.

Just flipped through it.  Issue was fine and definitely could see Gambit proposing under those circumstances. Probably best that Gambit didn't give Rogue time to think about it as Kitty's speech could easily be Rogue if she had time to think about it.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »
Just flipped through it.  Issue was fine and definitely could see Gambit proposing under those circumstances. Probably best that Gambit didn't give Rogue time to think about it as Kitty's speech could easily be Rogue if she had time to think about it.

Positive post ;)

Offline NewSun17

• Thief
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2018, 01:45:13 PM »
Wth happened to Gambits Cajun accent( which I love) has it totally disappeared at this point? Has the stuff that made this character so original beimg watered down?

I really am disappointed he didn't respond, "Have you met me, Chere?" Its probably what he would've said, but it also sounds much better. Sometimes we forget that Gambit is the sexiest Male in the Marvel Universe (unless they invented a new character to take his legit title) and that just seems sexier.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2018, 03:20:51 PM »
Issue 2 cover

He's still a murderer (Phil Coulson), right? But he's Deadpool. Crossing boundaries and getting into people's personal space is what he does. I cant wait for this issue. There are a few interactions I cant wait to see. Namely; Mystique and Magneto. Mystique is obvious, but I don't think Magneto's first interaction with them needs to be a whole issue. I see him being very mature and short, possibly showing some degree of happiness towards Rogue. He'll give them congratulations, but not more than the slightest of smirks from him so as to not come off as bitter... Mystique is going to try and kill him. Full stop. This has to happen.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:26:34 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2018, 03:25:41 PM »

He's still a murderer (Phil Coulson), right?

Yeah, I believe they're addressing that in his current solo (if they haven't addressed it already).

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2018, 04:02:15 PM »

Positive post ;)

Baby steps I suppose.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2018, 04:08:25 PM »

I really am disappointed he didn't respond, "Have you met me, Chere?" Its probably what he would've said, but it also sounds much better. Sometimes we forget that Gambit is the sexiest Male in the Marvel Universe (unless they invented a new character to take his legit title) and that just seems sexier.
    if if hes not saying chere...he isn't gambit lol

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2018, 05:47:01 PM »
So interesting question based on someone commenting on CBR how Gambit stole an entire wedding which I found funny.

Given that Gambit and Rogue got married at Kitty and Piotr's expense, do you think it would be good etiquette for the new bride and groom to offer to cover some of the costs of the wedding?  Or was Gambit waiting all these years for someone else to plan and pay for a wedding so he could propose and get married on their dime?

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2018, 06:56:25 PM »

So interesting question based on someone commenting on CBR how Gambit stole an entire wedding which I found funny.

Given that Gambit and Rogue got married at Kitty and Piotr's expense, do you think it would be good etiquette for the new bride and groom to offer to cover some of the costs of the wedding?  Or was Gambit waiting all these years for someone else to plan and pay for a wedding so he could propose and get married on their dime?

LOL. Yeah, talk about a master thief, huh? I'd hope they'd help pay for it!

Also, for those interested in Mr & Mrs X:

https://www.newsarama.com/40485-gambit-rogue-are-mr-and-mrs-x-in-new-series.html

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2018, 06:59:50 PM »

I guess that would depend on who actually paid for it. If he still is the King of Thieves, I doubt he'd have a hard time coming up with the scratch anyway.

If this had happened 10 years ago, I'd have been over the moon. Happening now, while I'm happy for them, it also has some degree of 'meh' to it. More 'happy' than 'meh', but the 'meh' is still there all the same.

So I guess that's one thing that can be crossed off the to-do list.

Next step: Rebecca and Olivier?

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2018, 07:11:10 PM »
I love that. Too funny.

So. It's not the proposal or wedding I imagined for them, but leave it to Remy to be unconventional.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 10:15:36 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2018, 07:38:50 PM »

From KT's tumblr:

Q: "Will we see how Rogue can touch Remy now? Or she can't?"
KT: "Her powers are still not under her control. It will be addressed (not solved) somewhat in Mr. & Mrs. X #1."

Q: "Kelly, important question: while Rogue and Gambit are honeymooning in space, who's taking care of the cats?!"
KT: "Probably whoever takes care of them all the other times Gambit isn’t home (which is like ALLLLL the time)."

Q: "is there a panel of Gambit handing Piotr a check to cover the wedding expenses?"
KT: "Ha. No check exchanges hands!"

Q: "Three questions. 1. Will Mr. & Mrs. X have to deal with their in-laws at all? (Mystique and Jean-Luc LeBeau) 2. No love triangles, but will any of Rogue or Gambits ex's show up? 3. Do you think Magneto would be happy for Rogue?"
KT: "1. MAYBE. ;D  2. Deadpool is in the first arc, so YES.  3. Mostly yes. think he genuinely wants the best for her."

She covers a lot of ground...lol.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2018, 07:46:41 PM »
The watering down of G's character has been going on for a long time. IMO