Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70899 times)

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2018, 08:28:24 PM »

Been spending too long in da norf. Needs to visit N'awlins to have his accent resurface.

I would crack another impossible accent joke but I don't know if anyone else here watches GoT and I couldn't bear for it to fall completely flat. lol

Maybe the new book will explore his power set again, along with addressing hers as has been confirmed. He -has- been killed/resurrected in his Asmus series with his full powers back, and no one else has bothered to address that since it ended years ago. If they're going 'galactic', maybe now is a good time...

EDIT: And in other news, it's nice to see Wikipedia editors are already on the ball. Changing Rogue's name there makes it all seem so surreal.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:15:26 PM by Paradox Jast »

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2018, 09:17:56 PM »
Absolutely hate Gambit's face on both covers of Mr & Mrs X #1 #2.  Hope the inside art gives him some justice.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2018, 09:44:11 PM »
His face is really round...

You guys notice the changes in Rogue from when she said yes, to the altar? I spot, the collar, the earrings and veil? It's something blue, used, new and borrowed, right? Missing a piece... What's what? And from whom?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:50:41 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2018, 09:46:21 PM »
Absolutely hate Gambit's face on both covers of Mr & Mrs X #1 #2.  Hope the inside art gives him some justice.

I'm not a huge fan either. He's got kind of a Jim Halpert nose

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2018, 10:00:00 PM »
Glad i’m not the only one not liking those covers.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2018, 02:32:45 AM »
Glad i’m not the only one not liking those covers.
Dodsons art sucks when it comes to Gambit imo, Gambit on the first cover looks like John Krasinski tho

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2018, 02:46:35 AM »
Dodsons art sucks when it comes to Gambit imo, Gambit on the first cover looks like John Krasinski tho

Yeah. Anka was better.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2018, 02:48:51 AM »
His face is really round...

You guys notice the changes in Rogue from when she said yes, to the altar? I spot, the collar, the earrings and veil? It's something blue, used, new and borrowed, right? Missing a piece... What's what? And from whom?

From Gambit`s pockets ;D  I am sure he has a lot of different stuff there.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2018, 02:53:12 AM »
So interesting question based on someone commenting on CBR how Gambit stole an entire wedding which I found funny.

Given that Gambit and Rogue got married at Kitty and Piotr's expense, do you think it would be good etiquette for the new bride and groom to offer to cover some of the costs of the wedding?  Or was Gambit waiting all these years for someone else to plan and pay for a wedding so he could propose and get married on their dime?

Lol, at Gambit waiting to get married on other`s dime)
I am more intrested to see who will get all wedding presents.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:05:13 AM by purplevit »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2018, 10:03:27 AM »
Lol, I'm sure most of the wedding was paid for by the mansion/school funds (like everything else in the x-books) So it's completely fair game for any of the x-people! ;)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2018, 11:44:38 AM »
Dodson draws women very well, especially Black Cat, but Rogue here looks nice too. His male characters aren't quite as good, unless they're masked like Spider-Man or Deadpool here.
But for some reason his Gambits are a bit harsh on the face.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2018, 01:41:15 PM »
Dodson draws women very well, especially Black Cat, but Rogue here looks nice too. His male characters aren't quite as good, unless they're masked like Spider-Man or Deadpool here.
But for some reason his Gambits are a bit harsh on the face.

I thought I was the only one that noticed that with his drawings of Gambit. Always looks weird.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2018, 01:59:58 PM »
I don't really like any of Dodson's 'faces' male or female. His kitty and colossus cover was also weird.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2018, 03:31:30 PM »
I don't really like any of Dodson's 'faces' male or female. His kitty and colossus cover was also weird.

The only thing that I think is wrong with the picture is that big fat round red nose of Gambit. I don't know why but it reminds me of grumpy the dwarf from snow white.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2018, 05:53:34 PM »

That's it. I knew that nose looked familiar...lol.

Alright, wild guess: collar (new), earrings (old), veil (borrowed), Nightcrawler as "man of honor" (blue).

Agreed. That Deadpool cover in particular...I think DP's the only one who looks alright.