Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70968 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2018, 12:41:16 PM »

Agree. It was a spontaneous wedding. Essex just don`t care about Kitty and Colossus.

I imagine Sinister secretly records Gambit so when he saw the proposal he would drop what he was doing and get to the wedding ASAP.

You see... you've all made Sinister into a clown you can put into a monkey suit and be the Wedding bouncer. Sinister, Mr. Sinister is not here f'joke!

Waiting for it to be revealed that Sinister killed the Rabbi once he arrived at the surprise wedding, disguised himself as the Rabbi and presided over Gambit's wedding.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DearMachine

• Journeyman
« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2018, 02:31:31 PM »
I posted about this on cbr but I wanted to see what you guys think.  I read Mystery in Madripoor #2 and Rogue and Storm are being held in the same room as a captured mind-sapped Magneto.  It's safe to assume that all three will be free at some point.  I'm very interested to see how Rogue and Magneto interact.  This could be their first meaningful interaction since she turned down his proposal in Legacy.  Hopefully their dialogue doesn't cast doubts on Gambit and Rogue's relationship, and hopefully doesn't make Remy look bad/like a chump. I already wasn't a huge fan of their wedding vows (especially Rogue's) and we know Zub isn't a fan of Romy.  How do you guys think Rogue and Magneto's interaction will go?

Does anybody know if Mystery in Madripoor takes place before or after R&G, and Xmen Gold #30?

It's hard to pinpoint. The only real point of reference we have is that it's after the "Where is Wolverine?" materials.  I would say definitely before Gold #30, just because Betsy doesn't comment on any of the wedding(s) despite both Kitty and Rogue being there.

Based on how Rogue has been interacting with "Magneto" in the series so far (i.e. not at all despite believing she was in the same room as him several times), I'm going to say it won't be addressed in any meaningful way. There may be a brief, awkward conversation, but that would be about it. It would be weird for the focus and pacing of the story for Zub to take several pages for Rogue and Magneto to hash out their issues. And I'm fine with that, because they've both moved on by now.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2018, 08:08:00 PM »

I imagine Sinister secretly records Gambit so when he saw the proposal he would drop what he was doing and get to the wedding ASAP.

Waiting for it to be revealed that Sinister killed the Rabbi once he arrived at the surprise wedding, disguised himself as the Rabbi and presided over Gambit's wedding.

That would truly be something... Sinister. But X-Men hasn't been that dark in a long time.

I wouldn't worry about Zub. A few months about at the mid point of R&G, Zub, KT and Duggan all started exchanging barbs. Friendly but they we're so close and frequent I think it was about the time when editorial called the audible on the wedding. Something like that obviously would derail both writer's plans; Zub using Torch and Duggan with Wade, of course. As weak as marvel editorial has been, I doubt they are going to let a mini undermine two ongoings.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 08:10:05 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2018, 08:25:41 PM »
We're due for a good Sinister plot line. I don't even remember the last time we had one... ???

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2018, 08:31:40 PM »
Zub did a little bit of Rogue/Torch development in UA that went nowhere. Was it literally the very next issue after Rogue made out with Deadpool? The Torch stuff had no legs (or any fan-following whatsoever) Probably because Torch is a snoozer of a character (that already hooked up with every female character in the Marvel Universe) Whereas the Deadpool hook-up made a lot of headlines, so Rogue jumping from Deadpool to Torch in a matter of 2 issues began to annoy fans. Then Rogue almost had sexy bath time with Gambit in Astonishing around the same time, or just a little after.

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #200 on: June 27, 2018, 09:58:07 PM »
Does it feel like marvel is taking this series a bit more seriously.

I mean they got access to shiar space starjammers deathbird and deadpool in the first arc. Imagine if asmsus had access to that toolbox.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #201 on: June 27, 2018, 10:02:41 PM »
I just hate that it's called Mr and Mrs X.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2018, 10:44:58 PM »
I just hate that it's called Mr and Mrs X.

Not crazy about the name either. But I believe books with "X ___" sell better. And yeah, wow if Asmus was, forget "access" these are fictional characters, they don't have schedules and agents and contracts; had he been allowed to use his company's resources, the product would have been better, but he did a great job with;

Pete Wisdom
Blk Knight
Faza
Tombstone
Asp
Bartok
War Machine / Iron Patriot

And a bunch of made up characters, half of which died before the book's end. Not a single X-Men outside of Rogue and a no speaking cameo from Wolverine. I mean he, Cap and Thor were there but not even a grunt as if they would have to be paid and it wasn't in their budget. Pros say "we don't know how the comic industry works" which is BS, it's effing publishing not some kind of mystical secret society, but I would love for them to explain to me why it certain books and creators cannot have access to certain characters.

And don't give me that "respecting continuity" bs. During this time Wolverine, Cap and Spiderman were in multiple books simultaneously.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:48:44 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nox

• Guild Member

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2018, 12:02:49 AM »
VoilĂ  :

http://comicbook.com/2018/06/19/the-10-greatest-couples-in-x-men-history/

Well, that didn't take long.

As for Marvel taking the series more seriously - I think they are starting to take the X-Men more seriously in general sense. It's a gradual thing, but it's something I've noticed more often that other comic sites have been saying too, so I know I'm not alone in thinking that. I'll honestly admit to being an on-again, off-again comic reader (mostly because I only read for Gambit) but I do still drop in from time to time to keep abreast of the goings-on. It's been a mess for pretty much a decade, but my personal opinion is that they are now starting to get a lot of people in there that grew up on XTAS, and its gradually showing more and more.

Well, that and the MCU very very likely helps that too. I can't know for sure, obviously, but I'm pretty sure the upper-echelons in Marvel had hints that a deal was in the works for a while. I recall reading about the timing, they were talking about Gambit and Rogue weddings back in the end of last year - so get them together now, then use them as figureheads to prop up the X-Men's entry into the MCU? Considering we only actually got a brief glimpse of Gambit in a movie that was 'meh', and Rogue was... uh, not Rogue.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #205 on: June 28, 2018, 05:39:07 AM »

Not crazy about the name either. But I believe books with "X ___" sell better. And yeah, wow if Asmus was, forget "access" these are fictional characters, they don't have schedules and agents and contracts; had he been allowed to use his company's resources, the product would have been better, but he did a great job with;

Pete Wisdom
Blk Knight
Faza
Tombstone
Asp
Bartok
War Machine / Iron Patriot

And a bunch of made up characters, half of which died before the book's end. Not a single X-Men outside of Rogue and a no speaking cameo from Wolverine. I mean he, Cap and Thor were there but not even a grunt as if they would have to be paid and it wasn't in their budget. Pros say "we don't know how the comic industry works" which is BS, it's effing publishing not some kind of mystical secret society, but I would love for them to explain to me why it certain books and creators cannot have access to certain characters.

And don't give me that "respecting continuity" bs. During this time Wolverine, Cap and Spiderman were in multiple books simultaneously.

Yeah, I mean.. Tombstone and Pete Wisdom I thought were great additions to the book and should have been more heavily involved. And the War Machine issue was my favorite of the series, even if it wasn't drawn by Mann. But when your main villain is a Penguin looking guy named Borya Cich, you're gonna have a hard time getting people excited. Really ridiculous that Hopeless wasn't allowed to use him in Cable and X-Force.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #206 on: June 28, 2018, 08:46:15 AM »
Yeah wolverine can be in no less than 4 books at the same time; Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-Men, Astonishing X-Men and Uncanny Avengers; but Gambit was too busy in Asmus solo to be in two places at once.

Offline DearMachine

• Journeyman
« Reply #207 on: June 28, 2018, 02:30:28 PM »
Today, I got my local comic book guy to stock Mr & Mrs X. The shop isn't always the most organized, and it wasn't on their radar, but it is now. They probably would have done it anyway, but I feel like I did my tiny part to help the book. :D

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #208 on: June 28, 2018, 02:46:43 PM »
kudos. My shop was flabberghasted as to why I was buying X-Men Gold #30 and even more confused as to what "Mr and Mrs X" was when I asked that it be put on my pull list. These announcements really came out of nowhere.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #209 on: June 28, 2018, 03:13:18 PM »
Itt is just a bad organization from Marvel.
Even when Solicits for September 2018 arrived MMX was still announced as classified in it. That's funny because the day before Marvel announced that classified was MMX.