Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70898 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2018, 10:28:30 AM »

I mean, I prefer not to side with Remydat, Neko and Toad in things Rogue and Gambit, but I shall remain skeptical. Still, I guess I'm gonna have to buy this Mr and Mrs X... maybe it will be  :gambit:

mildly amused ... we're not so bad you know. LOL *teasing*

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2018, 01:16:07 PM »
ha! been trying to be good, can't.

My initial response:
Never wanted this ongoing, Gambit will be reduced to a handbag, there is no built in trust with the writer for me. It will be about Rogue and all will be happy about his powers and not care that his character has been reduced to support Rogue. I'm calling that now, if I'm wrong, okay, I can live with it. In fact .... prove me wrong ... I want to see strong characterization for Gambit .... let him shine.

And for the first time, I'm not going to support Gambit in a book he is part of because, he will be a glorified husband .... its a major change for both characters but the only one who will shine is Rogue. (speculating on my part). But as much clean up as KT did, it was Rogue's benefit, not Gambit's. I bought that mini, and Rogue was the winner in it.
(>sarcasm)Rogue - give Remy the honey do list and then she'll go get into whatever and save the day ... oh wait, "Gambit, let me borrow your powers, don't forget the bathroom ..." (<sarcasm}

There is the salt or tea for the day from me. My disclaimer as always ... if you love it, buy it, enjoy it. I'm glad you got your hea.

Damnit Neko! I have ONE THING to say about this; What is a glorified husband, exactly? I mean, I think my wife glorifies me to her friends, because you know, I'm awesome. But I'd like to achieve my upmost ability to my husband-y best. Your thoughts...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2018, 02:48:30 PM »

Damnit Neko! I have ONE THING to say about this; What is a glorified husband, exactly? I mean, I think my wife glorifies me to her friends, because you know, I'm awesome. But I'd like to achieve my upmost ability to my husband-y best. Your thoughts...
heh heh, look pretty and do nothing?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #228 on: July 02, 2018, 09:10:56 PM »
Definitely pretty... I do stuff though. Must. Do. Less. Check.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #229 on: July 02, 2018, 10:38:26 PM »
Definitely pretty... I do stuff though. Must. Do. Less. Check.

Sometimes doing less could be doing more.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #230 on: July 02, 2018, 11:11:27 PM »
Do lesser. Check.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2018, 02:34:37 AM »
From Mr and Ms X #1

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:30:18 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #232 on: July 03, 2018, 04:38:04 AM »
KT told it is it’s the sheets on Rogue and not a dress ;)

Offline DearMachine

• Journeyman
« Reply #233 on: July 03, 2018, 07:52:08 AM »
That is ridiculously pretty art. It needs to be made into a wallpaper once the book comes out and we have a larger copy. :D

Online andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #234 on: July 03, 2018, 07:53:00 AM »
From Mr and Ms X #1

This is gorgeous. I hope it's Remy's view. Although I would've preferred a tease image with both characters.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2018, 09:31:42 AM »

This is gorgeous. I hope it's Remy's view. Although I would've preferred a tease image with both characters.

Well since shes in a sheet you can say Gambit had a hand in dressing her.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #236 on: July 03, 2018, 10:49:59 AM »
From Mr and Ms X #1

Not showing up for me for some reason  :(  I'm assuming it was this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhI7G-nU8AAe5T0.jpg

Edit: Welp, can't get that link to go directly to it either.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #237 on: July 03, 2018, 10:58:51 AM »

It is really nice art and if it is from Gambit's view then it is a nice microcosm of the status of Gambit where his entire world revolves around Rogue.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Online andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #238 on: July 03, 2018, 12:18:32 PM »

It is really nice art and if it is from Gambit's view then it is a nice microcosm of the status of Gambit where his entire world revolves around Rogue.

I for one didn't ask for this book. I'd much rather read a Gambit solo than this. But as a Gambit fan all I can do is hope that it will be enjoyable and yeah balanced. I like to read the book before forming an opinion and not turn every little detail into something negative. It doesn't matter how this series turns out to be you won't like it because your mind is set so you'll find a way to hate it no matter what. I just don't see the point in repeating the same thing to exhaustion.   

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #239 on: July 03, 2018, 02:21:24 PM »

I for one didn't ask for this book. I'd much rather read a Gambit solo than this. But as a Gambit fan all I can do is hope that it will be enjoyable and yeah balanced. I like to read the book before forming an opinion and not turn every little detail into something negative. It doesn't matter how this series turns out to be you won't like it because your mind is set so you'll find a way to hate it no matter what. I just don't see the point in repeating the same thing to exhaustion.   

The bold is exactly how I feel about Romy so if Marvel can repeat something to exhaustion then so can I.

As for hating it no matter what, not true.  If Gambit gets equal focus then I will admit it.  I just don't see it happening as it didn't happen in the mini.  As Neko says if you like the book then enjoy.  However, I will continue to express my displeasure over things until such time as I feel like Gambit is getting treated fairly. 

It didn't happen in the mini, it didn't happen in the NYT article where the focus was Rogue and it didn't happen in this promo art which again is all about Rogue.  The next time something is released about this book that actually focuses on Gambit will be the first and I am not sure why Gambit fans are shocked that it may not sit well with all Gambit fans.

The marketing for this book is such that it appears to be a Rogue vehicle.  Might as well call it Mrs. X and the dude that waits patiently for her while she makes out with murderous mutants.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:24:56 PM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"