Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70925 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #240 on: July 03, 2018, 02:32:48 PM »

The bold is exactly how I feel about Romy so if Marvel can repeat something to exhaustion then so can I.

As for hating it no matter what, not true.  If Gambit gets equal focus then I will admit it.  I just don't see it happening as it didn't happen in the mini.  As Neko says if you like the book then enjoy.  However, I will continue to express my displeasure over things until such time as I feel like Gambit is getting treated fairly. 

It didn't happen in the mini, it didn't happen in the NYT article where the focus was Rogue and it didn't happen in this promo art which again is all about Rogue.  The next time something is released about this book that actually focuses on Gambit will be the first and I am not sure why Gambit fans are shocked that it may not sit well with all Gambit fans.

The marketing for this book is such that it appears to be a Rogue vehicle.  Might as well call it Mrs. X and the dude that waits patiently for her while she makes out with murderous mutants.

What promo art is all about Rogue?

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #241 on: July 03, 2018, 02:37:17 PM »

What promo art is all about Rogue?

Was referring to Rogue in a blanket with no Gambit in sight.  Did I miss art of just Gambit?  Did I miss an article discussing Gambit?  All I see is Rogue and her sidekick or Rogue exclusively but I confess, I haven't been keeping track beyond this thread so if I missed something Gambit specific then let me know.  Otherwise, I see a specific bent in the marketing skewed towards primarily one character.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:41:25 PM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #242 on: July 03, 2018, 02:41:22 PM »

Was referring to Rogue in a blanket with no Gambit in site.  Did I miss art of just Gambit?  Did I miss an article discussing Gambit?  All I see is Rogue and her sidekick or Rogue exclusively but I confess, I haven't been keeping track beyond this thread so if I missed something Gambit specific then let me know.

No Rogue here.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #243 on: July 03, 2018, 02:51:13 PM »
No Rogue here.

Yes agreed.  Right after I and others complained about the NYT article that said #1 would be Rogue POV and KT then responded, this image came out.  Would be great if Marvel actually marketed things better to show Gambit related stuff before people complain.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2018, 02:52:45 PM »

The bold is exactly how I feel about Romy so if Marvel can repeat something to exhaustion then so can I.

Both instances are annoying.

As for hating it no matter what, not true.  If Gambit gets equal focus then I will admit it.

The problem is: who/what determines what equal focus is? People have different points of view that will influence how they perceive this book. They can distort it as they please until it fits their opinion of it. A thousand times you made clear how much you hate Rogue so no, I don't think anything will be able to change your mind.     

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #245 on: July 03, 2018, 04:09:19 PM »
That is ridiculously pretty art. It needs to be made into a wallpaper once the book comes out and we have a larger copy. :D
Thank God.

So tired of bad art in comics.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #246 on: July 03, 2018, 04:38:50 PM »
lol at x23 cutting his hair

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #247 on: July 03, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »
I’m only annoyed that he couldn’t be bothered to shave.

And that picture of Rogue is lovely.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #248 on: July 03, 2018, 06:21:35 PM »
That latest M&MX image looks like something out of a movie...wow.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2018, 12:40:13 AM »
Both instances are annoying.

The problem is: who/what determines what equal focus is? People have different points of view that will influence how they perceive this book. They can distort it as they please until it fits their opinion of it. A thousand times you made clear how much you hate Rogue so no, I don't think anything will be able to change your mind.   

The problem is what is annoying is a matter of perspective just as what is equal focus is also a matter of perspective.  Case in point, some may find it annoying when people comment on their opinion about Rogue or this book instead of focusing on their own opinion.

This is a Gambit forum not a Rogue or Romy forum so if I hate her or Romy then sorry but tough sh*t. I am here for Gambit not Rogue, Romy, KT or anyone else.  I will not apologize for it and if it annoys you that much then I suggest you just scroll down or ignore it.  It really isn't that serious for you to be getting bent because someone doesn't like something you don't as you don't see me here crying about the thousands of times I have to hear people praise Romy or this book.  To each his/her own.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:43:21 AM by remydat »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #250 on: July 04, 2018, 12:48:52 AM »
Ok. Move on. Agree to disagree on... not sure. But let's change gears...

For instance, who ever is doing the coloring did a heck of a job on that preview pic.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2018, 05:18:37 PM »
You missed the bomb droping? It was quite the interesting week..

But yeah, Thompson did a great job on the mini, so I am hopeful for the moment...

Yeah, more often than not I log on just to check things out on consistent basis... then I see this xmen gold 30 thread and it's at 15 pages... I click on it and... it took awhile to figure out if my eyes were deceived, I had to go back and read the first few pages. Even then I had to google it to make sure it was accurate  8)  Then I logged onto the forum that shall not be named, that thread is in full blow up mode. Nice

The art looks great, so if I'm buying it at least I'll have great art and the storyline has enough adventurous promise to be enjoyable. My takeaways after a moment

1. I will be able to smile knowing how much this must stick in the caw of those Rogue loving irrational Gambit haters
2. Maybe, just maybe with the purchase of Fox -72 Billion dollars- Marvel is going to start taking the x-world seriously again, and Gambit may play an interesting role every now and then
3. Finally, and maybe most importantly perhaps, mayhap we will finally at least see the end, in the words of NicoPony 'Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must being using a different dictionary than me.' It's been ridiculous

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2018, 06:09:15 PM »

Yeah, more often than not I log on just to check things out on consistent basis... then I see this xmen gold 30 thread and it's at 15 pages... I click on it and... it took awhile to figure out if my eyes were deceived, I had to go back and read the first few pages. Even then I had to google it to make sure it was accurate  8)  Then I logged onto the forum that shall not be named, that thread is in full blow up mode. Nice

The art looks great, so if I'm buying it at least I'll have great art and the storyline has enough adventurous promise to be enjoyable. My takeaways after a moment

1. I will be able to smile knowing how much this must stick in the caw of those Rogue loving irrational Gambit haters
2. Maybe, just maybe with the purchase of Fox -72 Billion dollars- Marvel is going to start taking the x-world seriously again, and Gambit may play an interesting role every now and then
3. Finally, and maybe most importantly perhaps, mayhap we will finally at least see the end, in the words of NicoPony 'Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must being using a different dictionary than me.' It's been ridiculous

Ha! It's funny because it's my signature!
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #253 on: July 04, 2018, 06:53:37 PM »

The problem is what is annoying is a matter of perspective just as what is equal focus is also a matter of perspective.  Case in point, some may find it annoying when people comment on their opinion about Rogue or this book instead of focusing on their own opinion.

My point exacly.

It is not the commenting, it is the repetition I find tiring.

This is a Gambit forum not a Rogue or Romy forum so if I hate her or Romy then sorry but tough sh*t. I am here for Gambit not Rogue, Romy, KT or anyone else.

So I am. That's why I can't fathom why you keeping bringing her up in every opportunity.

I will not apologize for it and if it annoys you that much then I suggest you just scroll down or ignore it.

Yeah, I already do it more often than not.

It really isn't that serious for you to be getting bent because someone doesn't like something you don't as you don't see me here crying about the thousands of times I have to hear people praise Romy or this book.  To each his/her own.

You do.

Well, I don't see the point in this back and forth so I'll move on.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:56:10 PM by andresa »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #254 on: July 04, 2018, 06:54:54 PM »
Ok. Move on. Agree to disagree on... not sure. But let's change gears...

For instance, who ever is doing the coloring did a heck of a job on that preview pic.

Alright.

It's the same guy from R&G, isn't it?