Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70945 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #255 on: July 04, 2018, 07:59:39 PM »
Don't know. Did realize something while I was looking through the Asmus solo today, Dobson, the guy that is doing the covers of MMX also did some of my least favorite Gambit solo covers. So at least hes consistent. One fault I'd give Asmus for his run is the amount of filler issues. Don't know if that was his doing or just Marvel jerking him around so much he was afraid to start the next arc because he didn't know if it was going to be cancelled mid way through.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #256 on: July 04, 2018, 08:18:03 PM »
It's the same guy from R&G, isn't it?

Yes, it's Frank D’Armata.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #257 on: July 04, 2018, 10:26:24 PM »
Aw crap that new variant... Ah @#&&.

https://youtu.be/YkADj0TPrJA
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2018, 09:14:08 AM »

My point exacly.

It is not the commenting, it is the repetition I find tiring.

So I am. That's why I can't fathom why you keeping bringing her up in every opportunity.

Yeah, I already do it more often than not.

You do.

Well, I don't see the point in this back and forth so I'll move on.

There are far more people excited for this book than the detractors such as myself so not sure what you have to complain about.  For every one of my posts there are like 3 or 4 happy so were you expecting 100% praise.  Sometimes in life you have to learn to live with dissenting views.

If you find my posts repetitious and tiring, how do you think I feel about the countless posts praising something I find to be terrible?  I have never complained about someone liking the book.  I have stated my concerns.  By contrast you and other posters keep trying to tell me to stop expressing my opinion as if only optimism is allowed.

Be positive with you and all the people happy and let me and the people that think this is terrible for Gambit vent.  It is all we have.  Both views are equally deserving of being shared.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:43:37 AM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2018, 11:01:33 AM »

Seems very symbolic of how this book is going to turn out.

P.S. Before people freak out, that was a joke based on Don P's Winter is coming line over at CBR.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2018, 11:17:40 AM »
I'm not sure if I like this cover or not. I wish it wasn't so bright and I'm not really liking how Gambit is so shiny

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2018, 12:20:53 PM »
The coloring on the cover is bright. I'm not thrilled with it in general because I believe what it may imply on the inside would not be to my liking.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 12:34:56 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2018, 12:43:35 PM »

Seems very symbolic of how this book is going to turn out.

P.S. Before people freak out, that was a joke based on Don P's Winter is coming line over at CBR.

Don't like the colors at all but this cover does reminds me of X-Treme X-Men issue 8 and X-Men TAS
https://media.giphy.com/media/Tdvk4UnoYN5Ru/giphy.gif
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 01:37:28 PM by belay »

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2018, 12:49:13 PM »
That thing burns my eyes.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2018, 01:06:12 PM »
I don't like that variant at all. I find it to be kind of obnoxious and a bit of a slap in the face  to Gambit fans. This is the second time we've seen that pose. Can't she be flying with him without carrying him like he is a little girl? >:(  With that said, the regular cover, even though I don't like the character designs, is simple: Mr & Mrs X, with the "Mr" first and Gambit positioned in front of Rogue. I would hope that's more of an indication of the series than one out of four or so variants.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2018, 01:13:42 PM »
The coloring of the boots on Gambit is really loud. If you think the green on Rogue is too florescent .... good grief - look at Gambit's boots. We make fun of Gambit and his costume and how practical it would be for thieving and then see those boots. Holy crap ... he might as well turn on all the lights for the job. LOL

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2018, 01:19:17 PM »
The coloring of the boots on Gambit is really loud. If you think the green on Rogue is too florescent .... good grief - look at Gambit's boots. We make fun of Gambit and his costume and how practical it would be for thieving and then see those boots. Holy crap ... he might as well turn on all the lights for the job. LOL

God, those boots are the worst part. It's like he just took some combat boots and spray painted them with mercury

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2018, 01:45:23 PM »
Just terrible😲

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2018, 01:48:23 PM »
I do like how Rogue's hair is drawn ... it captures wind well for someone who is flying. Probably too perfect though but still it looks nice.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #269 on: July 05, 2018, 02:32:02 PM »

Don't like the colors at all but this cover does reminds me of X-Treme X-Men issue 8 and X-Men TAS
https://media.giphy.com/media/Tdvk4UnoYN5Ru/giphy.gif

Idea is cool but cover is bad.