Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70916 times)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2018, 06:58:40 AM »
It's good to hear her say that, actually.  One of my major issues with Rogue and Magneto was just how hypocritical Rogue was in how she treated Gambit for his crimes and how she treated (or didn't treat) Magneto for his far worse crimes. 
I do think she was being too nice to Carey though, but maybe that was just her trying to be tactful and professional.  She said that nobody could have really tackled the issue.  Well, if nobody could have tackled the issue, then it didn't make sense for her to get together with Magneto!  Either that or Rogue was just downright not being a cool person. 

On a different note, I read the wedding issue again.  In the first group shot at the bar, is that Cable or Magneto behind Beast?  I'd put the picture up but I'm very lazy.  If it is Magneto then it hilariously seems as though he's looking mournfully over at Rogue and Gambit.  I might just imagine that it is him. 

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #286 on: July 07, 2018, 10:11:03 AM »
I can't remember exactly where but I know cable was in one of the group shots in the beginning with Hope bc he pops up again later in the issue. I doubt it was Mags but I could be mistaken

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2018, 12:34:03 PM »
Pretty sure it's cable ( I think the scars were around his eye.) He's probably looking around uncomfortablely because his teen parents are there. I don't think kitty's on great terms with mags at the moment, doubt she'd invite him, especially to the rehearsal dinner.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #288 on: July 07, 2018, 02:20:28 PM »
KT answered my question :)

Any hopes to see Mr. Sinister in MMX? No way Essex would miss Remy's marriage. What do you think about Gambit/Sinister relationship? Sinister was always near whe Gambit needed real help. They could be best buds if Gambit wasn't hating him:)

He’s not in the first arc, no.
And Mr. Sinister not being at their wedding was probably one of the best reasons ever to get married on the fly as they did.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #289 on: July 07, 2018, 11:20:59 PM »
I think i’d be more bothered by that cover if it wasn’t (as of now) just a silly joke.

@bark no byte—Thanks for noticing! I changed it a couple months ago. Might change it to something from the Rube ep for summer or find something from the Acadians one, since it’s appropriate.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2018, 10:11:10 AM »
It's good to hear her say that, actually.  One of my major issues with Rogue and Magneto was just how hypocritical Rogue was in how she treated Gambit for his crimes and how she treated (or didn't treat) Magneto for his far worse crimes. 
I do think she was being too nice to Carey though, but maybe that was just her trying to be tactful and professional.  She said that nobody could have really tackled the issue.  Well, if nobody could have tackled the issue, then it didn't make sense for her to get together with Magneto!  Either that or Rogue was just downright not being a cool person. 

On a different note, I read the wedding issue again.  In the first group shot at the bar, is that Cable or Magneto behind Beast?  I'd put the picture up but I'm very lazy.  If it is Magneto then it hilariously seems as though he's looking mournfully over at Rogue and Gambit.  I might just imagine that it is him.

lol Magneto is not going to a wedding.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #291 on: July 09, 2018, 09:55:41 AM »
I guess we will find out in a couple weeks.

As to Gambit being relegated to the background, that happened because the writer's didn't like him and were trying to miminalize him. Some of them even said outright that the didn't like him. It had nothing to do with any organic writing about relationships.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #292 on: July 09, 2018, 01:22:26 PM »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #293 on: July 09, 2018, 01:30:20 PM »
Oh dang, I really like the coloring

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #294 on: July 09, 2018, 01:35:37 PM »
Bazaldua's art hasn't won me over yet. I was spoiled by that amazing Gambit from Gold #30.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #295 on: July 09, 2018, 01:52:54 PM »
Bazaldua's art hasn't won me over yet. I was spoiled by that amazing Gambit from Gold #30.

His art is good. He is just not as great as Marquez

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #296 on: July 09, 2018, 04:55:44 PM »
The gloves are the wrong color. And her face looks wrong. Other than that, it’s fine.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #297 on: July 09, 2018, 06:22:04 PM »

His art is good. He is just not as great as Marquez

Agreed. I'm happy with it. I'm also glad Frank D'Armata is still on colours. He's amazing at what he does. Speaking of which...

The new interview with KT is up with some preview pages:
https://www.cbr.com/mr-and-mrs-x-interview-kelly-thompson/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:50:02 PM by Nox »

Offline DearMachine

• Journeyman
« Reply #298 on: July 09, 2018, 08:48:52 PM »
Oh, I like the rest of the art much better. Gambit looks good, and Rogue looks more like herself with her hair down.

Yay Space Honeymoon.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #299 on: July 10, 2018, 02:35:47 AM »
Good art and very beatiful colors.
Excited for this!