Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70934 times)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #300 on: July 10, 2018, 09:23:03 AM »
I like the look of this too. Gambit's new costume is interesting. Curious to see what else this will cover about the wedding. I wouldn't mind one day see Gambit drawn with long hair again. Like in X-Men #45 in 1995.

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #301 on: July 10, 2018, 09:41:47 AM »
Hey guys, here's a link to the new costumes for Mr.  and Mrs.  X.  We get a good look at Gambit's new space suit.  I like the look and think it looks really sleek.  The art is nice too.           

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-mr-and-mrs-x-rogue-gambit-new-costumes/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:11:30 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #302 on: July 10, 2018, 09:48:37 AM »
Kelly Thompson posted on twitter and in the CBR forums that she's going to be answering questions on reddit in an AMA today at 10am pacific time (1pm eastern time).   So in about three and a half hours.   If you've got any questions regarding Gambit this is definitely the time to ask her.   

Here's the link to the ama:

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/8ww3lf/ama_reminder_kelly_thompson_on_710/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:12:31 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #303 on: July 10, 2018, 11:47:45 AM »
It's good to hear her say that, actually.  One of my major issues with Rogue and Magneto was just how hypocritical Rogue was in how she treated Gambit for his crimes and how she treated (or didn't treat) Magneto for his far worse crimes. 
I do think she was being too nice to Carey though, but maybe that was just her trying to be tactful and professional.  She said that nobody could have really tackled the issue.  Well, if nobody could have tackled the issue, then it didn't make sense for her to get together with Magneto!  Either that or Rogue was just downright not being a cool person. 

Been better if she had addressed in the book and had Rogue admit her hypocrisy.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #304 on: July 10, 2018, 11:49:28 AM »

Rogue looks 16 there.  Her face is all wrong.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #305 on: July 10, 2018, 12:14:29 PM »
And in that same sequence of images Gambit's profile looks awful. He looks like a doofus. But a lot of the other artwork looks pretty good.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #306 on: July 10, 2018, 12:16:24 PM »
Someone should ask KT if Gambit will be front and center focus at least some of the time. And will we see Gambit's powers and abilities shown in interesting and creative ways as well as getting back to his superhuman agility and reflexes.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #307 on: July 10, 2018, 02:50:31 PM »
In the later pages, Rogue and Gambit's face look too similar to me, I get its a distance scene but ... with only a few lines here or there, the eyes are the same, shape of face, etc.
July 25th is the release date for #1.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #308 on: July 10, 2018, 03:43:25 PM »
In the later pages, Rogue and Gambit's face look too similar to me, I get its a distance scene but ... with only a few lines here or there, the eyes are the same, shape of face, etc.
July 25th is the release date for #1.

I think last pages are more from the end of #1so maybe artist got used to draw Gambit and Rogue's faces.
I think wedding will be at the beginning. Not a fan how Gambit was drawn at wedding previews but in space he looks good.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #309 on: July 10, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
I don't know... I said it on CBR and no one really responded.. but that does not look like Rogue to me AT ALL. It's... weird.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #310 on: July 10, 2018, 05:00:48 PM »
I don't know... I said it on CBR and no one really responded.. but that does not look like Rogue to me AT ALL. It's... weird.

50/50.
I think they look fine only on Space pages.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #311 on: July 10, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »

Are you talking about the panel where she's walking down the aisle? I actually thought it was Magik at first glance.
The other preview pages she looks like herself...I'd say a cross between Joe Mad and Bachalo. Reminds me of the Shi'ar arc before Gambit's trial.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #312 on: July 10, 2018, 05:43:23 PM »

Are you talking about the panel where she's walking down the aisle? I actually thought it was Magik at first glance.
The other preview pages she looks like herself...I'd say a cross between Joe Mad and Bachalo. Reminds me of the Shi'ar arc before Gambit's trial.

Yes the first image we saw. Looks nothing like her. The other images are much better.
Who Dat

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #313 on: July 10, 2018, 07:16:34 PM »

Yeah, it reminded me of Chris Bachalo's Rogue too.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #314 on: July 11, 2018, 02:52:15 PM »
Q: Your probably getting all "asked"-out by now but I got another one. Any chance we'll see any of Gambit's King of Thieves shenanigans get addressed? I guess that makes Rogue the... Queen of Thieves, doesn't it?

A: I’d love to delve into some of that…but honestly? It’s just going to be depend on how many issues we get. : /
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony