Author Topic: Mr. & Mrs. X #1 (Spoilers)  (Read 25591 times)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
Re: Mr. & Mrs. X #1 (Spoilers)
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2018, 08:15:28 AM »
As much as I didn’t want them back together, I think the miniseries would’ve been pointless if its purpose were to give them yet another closure. Their realizing (or, in this case, more like Rogue’s realizing) their love and their story would never be over felt much more satisfying for those who like these characters together.

On second thought, if they had wound up apart it would’ve been Gambit who would’ve gone through the realization that their relationship would not work out and move on (at least for the time being), which would’ve been much more character development than what we ended up with, that is, Rogue wanting to be with Gambit, without him doing much.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2018, 11:24:32 AM »
I don't think it would have been pointless because the baggage needed to be dealt with and a main X book would never have had enough space to take care of the crap and still maintain whatever its point is, though most of them seem pointless at this time.

We can literally say, they "talked" as it were and leave all the stuff people hold against each character aside with, they dealt with it.

It's a closure of sorts, even if some don't like the outcome. Bottom line, its actually given both characters a new start.

Would I have married them after all this stuff, no. Not enough was done to fix their mess and I still don't believe Rogue's apology, came too late and didn't feel heart felt with Gambit telling her not too. Didn't work for me. Her s*** was far worse than what was shown for Gambit. A proper courting though, with no bs ... yeah, I can see that. Everything is such a rush. I suppose the audience aged when the characters don't so what was 20 years for rl, was only months or a year or so for Gambit and Rogue.

It's all about Rogue and that rubs the wrong way for me as well. It's too early to see how much its all about Rogue with the ongoing but we'll see by issue 4 if not earlier.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2018, 03:31:25 PM »

If the Rogue and Gambit series hadn't ended with them getting back together, what else would have been different in those last two issues? What story changes would have been made? How would they have parted ways?

KT: They would have gone on a different emotional journey and ended up in a different place where they felt like their story was truly done (at least for now)…instead of seeing it through different eyes and feeling that re-kindled love.
We might have used some different flashbacks…but MOSTLY we would have just showed them having different emotional reactions to the memories and experiences they had on the island. And when they re-absorbed their memories and all that trauma and baggage that comes with it at the end they would have seen their experiences on the island free of trauma as a beautiful but bittersweet gift they’d been given…but one that was temporary. And they would have moved on…at least for now.
I don’t think, even if we’d done that, that the book would ever fully be closed on them as a couple.

That is a long way of saying, Gambit would have been like, "Mags, really Rogue, WTF," and then peaced out.

And really the one scene that should have put nail in the coffin was Rogue's memories of her using Gambit's own harbor speech to justify screwing Mags.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:35:09 PM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2018, 06:36:47 PM »
...right.

Hey, I started writing for Bounding Into Comics. I noticed they hadn't done a review of the book so I volunteered. Let me know what you think... or not.

http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/08/10/comic-book-review-mr-and-mrs-x-1/

Peace.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2018, 07:06:07 PM »
That was a good read, Don! And congrats!

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2018, 07:59:42 PM »
...right.

Hey, I started writing for Bounding Into Comics. I noticed they hadn't done a review of the book so I volunteered. Let me know what you think... or not.

http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/08/10/comic-book-review-mr-and-mrs-x-1/

Peace.
Yea that was really good, you made some great points.

Offline magicrubbish

• Gambler
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2018, 03:49:38 AM »
Hello guys , my name is Gargi .  I'm a HUGE fan of Gambit since my childhood .  He's my childhood crush , teenage love and well all time lover.  Recently found this site.  Hoping to receive a warm welcome and make many new friends with fellow guild members.  :))

Offline magicrubbish

• Gambler
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2018, 03:53:16 AM »
Also I've been stalking this place for a while .  So though I'm new to you and a new member to this site , you guys are not really new to me.  ;) Absolutely love the valuable inputs you guys provide and also the reviews really help . 
P. S.  I'm really liking the post-marriage arcs .  My buoy is happy , so I'm happy .  I just hope Rogue proves herself worthy of Gambit's love and never hurts him again .  Love conquers all. 
P. P. S.  - Waiting for pretty Cajun babies.  ;)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2018, 04:51:27 AM »

Welcome, Gargi! I hope to see you posting more ;)
I am happy with current arcs too.

Offline magicrubbish

• Gambler
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2018, 09:22:40 AM »
Thank you so much for this warm welcome , which encourages a newbie like me to open up and start interacting in a new forum with out hesitation .  My love for Gambit goes back to me watching X-man TV series ( 1992 ) .  What a unique and special character.  Literally the dream man of every girl and lover goals.

Well, with out further ado , let's talk about Mr.  & Mrs.  X.  I hope this focuses on interpersonal relationship development between the newly married couple and not just endless missions.  I was overjoyed to see them in bed enjoying their honeymoon, almost like a normal couple.  After so much crap, pain , heart break, missions , fights and what not- basically a stormy life since childhood , finally he's happy and is with the love of his life , who's now his wife.  I live for Remy's happiness.  Urrgghh, can Marvel not keep him happy for a while before the next s*** storm breaks down ?? Hope Remy enjoys some much deserved much needed happy times in honeymoon.  I love their banter.
I care about Anna Marie , only when she's with Remy.  Other than that , I don't really give a damn.  But I am a Romy fan since childhood, and since I grew up with it chances are , no matter what , I'm gonna remain one for life. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2018, 09:32:00 AM »
Thank you so much for this warm welcome , which encourages a newbie like me to open up and start interacting in a new forum with out hesitation .  My love for Gambit goes back to me watching X-man TV series ( 1992 ) .  What a unique and special character.  Literally the dream man of every girl and lover goals.

Well, with out further ado , let's talk about Mr.  & Mrs.  X.  I hope this focuses on interpersonal relationship development between the newly married couple and not just endless missions.  I was overjoyed to see them in bed enjoying their honeymoon, almost like a normal couple.  After so much crap, pain , heart break, missions , fights and what not- basically a stormy life since childhood , finally he's happy and is with the love of his life , who's now his wife.  I live for Remy's happiness.  Urrgghh, can Marvel not keep him happy for a while before the next s*** storm breaks down ?? Hope Remy enjoys some much deserved much needed happy times in honeymoon.  I love their banter.
I care about Anna Marie , only when she's with Remy.  Other than that , I don't really give a damn.  But I am a Romy fan since childhood, and since I grew up with it chances are , no matter what , I'm gonna remain one for life.

I think at least for some time or as long as MMX book is alive they will be happy. Will see.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2018, 09:48:29 AM »

First of all: Welcome!

Secondly: Agree with most points (I like to think I care about Rogue as much as I care about Gambit - although I'm always biased towards Gambit haha). It'd be nice to see this marriage last a good long time, but with how Marvel treated Pete and MJ, I'm always nervous. I think Money Talks though, so if sales for MMX keep up then they'll leave them be. Also, I gotta give a lot of props to KT (and the X-editorial) for bringing them back together and making R&G a success (even though there are those who didn't care for it).

And yes, keeping my fingers crossed for some cajun/white-streaked babies  :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2018, 10:51:17 AM »

First of all: Welcome!

Secondly: Agree with most points (I like to think I care about Rogue as much as I care about Gambit - although I'm always biased towards Gambit haha). It'd be nice to see this marriage last a good long time, but with how Marvel treated Pete and MJ, I'm always nervous. I think Money Talks though, so if sales for MMX keep up then they'll leave them be. Also, I gotta give a lot of props to KT (and the X-editorial) for bringing them back together and making R&G a success (even though there are those who didn't care for it).

And yes, keeping my fingers crossed for some cajun/white-streaked babies  :)

Well, Pete and MJ are togehter again. So I hope marvel is more open now for happy couples.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:59:15 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2018, 11:03:25 AM »

Well, Pete and MJ are togehter again. So I hope marvel is more open now for happy couples.

That's true. Even then, I'm a little skeptical haha I've heard a lot people thinking that it's a bait-n-switch
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 03:00:30 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2018, 11:41:25 AM »
So the sales numbers are in for the 1st issue of Mr and Mrs X #1 which is 71,396 and is in the 15th position from the top 100 comics for the month of July 2018.
https://www.cbr.com/batman-50-wedding-issue-top-sales-chart/2/

Don't know if it is a strong start for the debut issue?