Author Topic: Mr and Mrs X #2  (Read 7954 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Mr and Mrs X #2
« on: August 22, 2018, 09:03:41 PM »
Really gang? No spoilers, no talk but a blurb in the Gambit Watch thread? Even CBR is far more quiet about this issue. Though, I only check the Gambit thread.

Don't be shy, talk about it. :)

Edit: I got the variant, well paid for it, don't have it yet. It was an incentive cover thus more expensive.

I haven't read the book, I didn't read issue 1 yet either. Counting on Remydat's opinion on it. :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:11:04 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Mr and Mrs X #2
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 09:04:46 PM »
I quoted since two issues were addressed in the Gambit Watch thread.
MMX 2 was great. Gambit, Rogue and Deadpool are fun together. Ending is really weird.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 10:28:39 PM »
Wow. Think I saw a tumble weed.

Had to read a couple times and write a review after I got off work and took care of dinner. All fin now. But I liked it. The issue had a very cinematic feel and pace to it. The art was exceptional, especially the Frank on the colors and I assume effects. Makes me harken back to the times when Marvel made books that looked like this on the regular.

I was very impressed with Kts handling of Deadpool. Too often he's portrayed as this nutty puppydog, especially when he's around Rogue. In this issue I was a little of old school sociopath Wade when threatened to chop them up. This is who Deadpool is. Not that dogooder that was in UA. I mean c'mon, he got so soft it was a shock that he killed Coulson. We got shocked Deadpool killed someone! I will say, maybe we got too much Deadpool here?

Issue was funny and had a lot of action. Not mushy lovefest some were fearing the series would devolve into. But I suspect those moments will be all the better for it when we get them. 8.5/10.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 10:55:35 PM »
Really gang? No spoilers, no talk but a blurb in the Gambit Watch thread? Even CBR is far more quiet about this issue. Though, I only check the Gambit thread.

Don't be shy, talk about it. :)

Edit: I got the variant, well paid for it, don't have it yet. It was an incentive cover thus more expensive.

I haven't read the book, I didn't read issue 1 yet either. Counting on Remydat's opinion on it. :)

It was a fun issue but way too much Deadpool for my taste.  I also thought Gambit's jealously was a bit out of character and there just to force the tension between the characters.

However, it doesn't take too much away from the overall story so I think you will enjoy it even if you are a little annoyed by Gambit's jealously or too much Deadpool.

I do hope the story adds a bit more depth to it as right now nothing of substance regarding their relationship is being covered.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 11:02:30 PM »
I liked it. It was fun. Although it was fast-paced because it was all action, there were a lot of bubbles to go through so it didn’t feel like a fast read, which is something I like. 

What I didn’t like was that, as expected, Deadpool took up too much space. He was the protagonist along with Gambit and Rogue. I did laugh at some of his jokes, though, so at least he was mildly amusing.

The art seemed to have improved but likely because there weren’t as many female round faces and it works better on action scenes.

The ending was completely unexpected and worked well as a cliffhanger.

Looking forward to some more intimate scenes between Gambit and Rogue. Entire issues of action and banter get old quickly IMO. 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 11:51:06 PM »
Wow. Think I saw a tumble weed.
As the head honcho ... enjoy your book. While I can't embrace wholeheartedly, doesn't meant the those that love this can't. Love it. Embrace it. Talk about it, explore it.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 11:52:26 PM »
I ordered the variant too. Because it was pretty. :D The art was better with the action scenes this issues. Deadpool was funny. It it's probably good that he's only a guest star. Didn't mind Gambit acting slightly jealous, because Deadpool was worse, and Gambit got to blow him up, lol. Ending was trippy guess we'll find out more next month.

There is review thread on cbr and on the 'romy' thread. ;)

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 12:05:27 AM »
Quick review in a hundred words or less? Very entertaining issue, maybe a bit too much DP, but his babble amuses me so I didn't mind it at all, Gambit got to blow him up so that was amusing, and the ending is HOLY HELL kind of weird--all in all, a fun read.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 12:20:09 AM by Nox »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 09:31:12 AM »
Sadly, jealous Gambit and too much DP is a turn off. whatever.

I don't visit the Rogue or Romy threads at CBR anymore. Done with the shade at the G thread, done with the Rogue never does anything wrong and being on a pedestal. I'm certain the kissing of the writer's butt must be at an all time high. So ... I don't want that in my life. I'll wait til someone says something here, even if I have to instigate to get any info.
Apologies for the negativity.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 09:32:59 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 09:49:47 AM »
I didnt see it as jealousy more than being annoyed. I'd be uncomfortable if a guy that recently made out with my new wife was in the same room with me (annoyed would be an understatement, I suppose). Not just the same room, one of three people at that. I think people take kissing too lightly these days... In many ways your exchanging more bodily fluid during that (depending on how long your doing it) than you do other things I also think people also take too lightly.

Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 10:18:09 AM »
Re: taking to lightly of things
I think you got something there. I agree that people take things far too lightly for situations. CC's XXM and what R and G both did .... one held more accountable than the other but in the vain of lightly taking things, for some it was easy to say ... "they're just flirting" - to me - that would grounds for divorce in the rl and something wrong in the relationship.

Maybe, just maybe, relationships should be shown in a more realistic way. Perhaps all the social media and entertainment biz has skewed views. Who knows.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 04:17:54 PM »
Finally got to read it and jeeeeeeeeez... I am really not a fan of Deadpool. Just as I thought, Deadpool shows up and Gambit becomes the straight man. Gambit should never be the straight man, that's Cyclops's job. And whether it's jealousy or annoyance he becomes relegated to being the "third wheel" so to speak in this issue who has less to say and less interesting character moments than the other two. >:(

With that said, at least he got to kick some ass and be a bit cunning, and blew up deadpool. In the future I would expect a better showing from Gambit. Just reading Gambit being annoyed or jealous for a whole issue really doesn't do it for me. But, the story does seem interesting and there is fun action and I feel KT will show character progression like she has before so I look forward to the unraveling of the story and its characters. Anyone know how long DP is so supposed to be a part of this arc?

PS I really don't want to read too many more jokes at Gambit's expense with no witty or clever comebacks. It should go both ways.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:19:47 PM by wantutosigh »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 05:08:42 PM »
I flipped through the issue .... the art isn't great. Everyone's face is the same. There is literally no difference in looks between any of the characters. Traits is the only thing that distinguishes the characters.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 05:19:53 PM »
I didnt see it as jealousy more than being annoyed. I'd be uncomfortable if a guy that recently made out with my new wife was in the same room with me (annoyed would be an understatement, I suppose). Not just the same room, one of three people at that. I think people take kissing too lightly these days... In many ways your exchanging more bodily fluid during that (depending on how long your doing it) than you do other things I also think people also take too lightly.

They weren't together or trying to be together.  Don't think Gambit should care or be annoyed.  Now if it were Mags then that would be one thing but Gambit getting annoyed over Deadpool is beneath him given the nature of that relationship.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 06:16:09 PM »
Agreed. Gambit is too cool to give that much of a crap about DEADPOOL and should give just as good as he gets with him in the exchanges.