Author Topic: Mr and Mrs X #2  (Read 7955 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Mr and Mrs X #2
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 07:49:21 PM »

They weren't together or trying to be together.  Don't think Gambit should care or be annoyed.  Now if it were Mags then that would be one thing but Gambit getting annoyed over Deadpool is beneath him given the nature of that relationship.

You must not annoy easily. You're such a open and accepting soul. Bless your heart. I've actually been on a date (not the one that I married) where my date's ex-boyfriend (funny enough, the older brother of my wife's ex-boyfriend) showed up and kind of awkwardly bamboozled his was into our evening (it was a double date, and apparently he was the best friend of the other dude that was with us). And to be honest, the dude was such a lame, I'm not even sure if he knew what he was doing. It doesn't really matter who it is or how serious they were. It was awkward and it was irking. Trust me.

And yes, the entire 2nd generation of the William's Family hates me. The dudes anyway.  ;D
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 08:46:58 PM »

You must not annoy easily. You're such a open and accepting soul. Bless your heart.

For those of us normal humans in reality I do understand being annoyed in a circumstance like this.

But, I don't think that's exactly what remydat is getting at. I think it's more that Gambit wouldn't react that way. Gambit is a certain type of character and all the nonsense him and Rogue went through, it doesn't seem like a natural response from Gambit towards Deadpool over such a tiny little instance. I have a hard time taking seriously the actions of such an inherently silly character like Deadpool.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:56:22 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 10:23:49 PM »
I'm sorry, react how? What did he do that was out of character? And I'm not being facetious. I'm actually asking for your outlook/opinion.(s).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 10:31:03 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 11:21:16 PM »
I pretty much already explained my issues in previous posts. Honestly, I'd more expect gambit to be teasing Rogue for actually making out with DEADPOOL of all people. Kind of like, "Hey Rogue, you're boyfriend's here". Gambit has nothing to fear or feel threatened by. He won. He married Rogue. He got the girl. Deadpool should be the least of his worries when it comes to Rogue.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 11:39:03 PM »
I pretty much already explained my issues in previous posts. Honestly, I'd more expect gambit to be teasing Rogue for actually making out with DEADPOOL of all people. Kind of like, "Hey Rogue, you're boyfriend's here". Gambit has nothing to fear or feel threatened by. He won. He married Rogue. He got the girl. Deadpool should be the least of his worries when it comes to Rogue.

... Well, hell, that would have been a better angle. Might have been hilarious actually.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 09:34:18 AM »
Gambits i feel was more annoyed by Deadpool than jealous as was Rogue, Deadpool came across as a little jealous , The oldspice follow up line made me lol

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2018, 01:00:15 PM »

You must not annoy easily. You're such a open and accepting soul. Bless your heart. I've actually been on a date (not the one that I married) where my date's ex-boyfriend (funny enough, the older brother of my wife's ex-boyfriend) showed up and kind of awkwardly bamboozled his was into our evening (it was a double date, and apparently he was the best friend of the other dude that was with us). And to be honest, the dude was such a lame, I'm not even sure if he knew what he was doing. It doesn't really matter who it is or how serious they were. It was awkward and it was irking. Trust me.

And yes, the entire 2nd generation of the William's Family hates me. The dudes anyway.  ;D

Eh ended up with my GF's ex standing right behind us for like an hour in a club a few months back.  I wasn't bothered at all.  The issue with this is that Gambit didn't best Deadpool in some sort of verbal exchange.  He was petty and juvenile and physically attacked Deadpool.  That is just lame.

It suggests he is not smart or funny enough to come back with something witty to put Deadpool in his place.  Instead he had to get violent.  It would be like you punching your wife's ex in the face.  How is that a good look?  If Gambit had to be jealous, he should have been shown verbally sparring not obtaining pleasure from physically attacking him.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2018, 04:38:20 PM »

Eh ended up with my GF's ex standing right behind us for like an hour in a club a few months back.  I wasn't bothered at all.  The issue with this is that Gambit didn't best Deadpool in some sort of verbal exchange.  He was petty and juvenile and physically attacked Deadpool.  That is just lame.

It suggests he is not smart or funny enough to come back with something witty to put Deadpool in his place.  Instead he had to get violent.  It would be like you punching your wife's ex in the face.  How is that a good look?  If Gambit had to be jealous, he should have been shown verbally sparring not obtaining pleasure from physically attacking him.

Not right. It is just punching ex in face while he was stealing smth from you.

Gambit needed to bring back egg with explosion. He just used extra charge to bring egg back and get rid off Wade.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2018, 06:38:12 PM »

Not right. It is just punching ex in face while he was stealing smth from you.

Gambit needed to bring back egg with explosion. He just used extra charge to bring egg back and get rid off Wade.

Well it is not really stealing as there is nothing to establish that Rogue and Gambit are entitled to the egg more than Wade.  They were competing for something that neither has the legal right to possess.

But if you want to revise the analogy, the punch to the face as part of the competition was fine.  What was juvenile and petty was essentially kicking him in the head when he was done and after you had already won.

The extra card thrown was unnecessary and makes Gambit look bad.  He got violent over a kiss that as he said is none of his business.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2018, 02:52:25 AM »

Well it is not really stealing as there is nothing to establish that Rogue and Gambit are entitled to the egg more than Wade.  They were competing for something that neither has the legal right to possess.

But if you want to revise the analogy, the punch to the face as part of the competition was fine.  What was juvenile and petty was essentially kicking him in the head when he was done and after you had already won.

The extra card thrown was unnecessary and makes Gambit look bad.  He got violent over a kiss that as he said is none of his business.

I don't agree. After extra card Deadpool still wants to fight them and want to get Egg back. That's why he was punched by Rogue after this also.

So not. It don't look unnecessary or bad because Remy should have made even bigger explosion to stop Wade.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2018, 10:35:09 AM »
Based the information they have, kitty says it's dangerous and needed to be recovered, they are in the right. As kitty has a much better track record about being right in such things than Deadpool does.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2018, 08:05:28 AM »

Ah, didn't take you for a pacifist. But it's an action comic so... Wait, why was her ex standing behind you for an hour? I mean what was he doing back there? We're obviously from different cultures because that's creepy lol. At some point I'm saying something. Might wake up in a bathtub missing a organ and your girl next time ;)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2018, 09:35:59 AM »
Don- I feel your pain, I had a similar awkward group date with my husband's ex girlfriend in attendance.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2018, 09:50:48 PM »

I don't agree. After extra card Deadpool still wants to fight them and want to get Egg back. That's why he was punched by Rogue after this also.

So not. It don't look unnecessary or bad because Remy should have made even bigger explosion to stop Wade.

What is lame and bad is the reason he did it.  He did not throw the extra card to stop Wade.  He did so because he was upset over a kiss that is none of his business.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2018, 09:53:23 PM »

Ah, didn't take you for a pacifist. But it's an action comic so... Wait, why was her ex standing behind you for an hour? I mean what was he doing back there? We're obviously from different cultures because that's creepy lol. At some point I'm saying something. Might wake up in a bathtub missing a organ and your girl next time ;)

Just randomly ended up in the same general vicinity in the club. Couldn't even tell you who was there first.