Author Topic: Mr and Mrs X #6  (Read 16213 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Mr and Mrs X #6
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »
On one hand you got Gambit telling Bella not to disrespect his wife. On the other you have Rogue disrespecting Gambit by inviting Mags into their lives again at a time when he is warring with the X-men.[/size]Rogue has zero respect for Gambit. And frankly not sure she even loves him. Her dialogue here suggests not love for Gambit but simple she married him because he has been there for her. He is the convenient stooge who will always be ready to put up with whatever bulls*** Rogue throws his way.In real life, you pull the s*** Rogue did in inviting her ex without having the courtesy if telling her husband and that is a quick way to end up single.  Defending Mary Sue Rogue's disrespect here is laughable particularly when it was always Gambit that was getting s*** for being secretive.They have been married for less than a month and Rogue basically already lying and keeping secrets from Gambit.[/size]
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 04:29:52 PM »
What books are you reading? seriously how is he bumbling?
I really liked him this issue. He came across as much more self-aware and capable than Rogue, who’s being kind of messy. I like Rogue messy, so I don’t mind her ‘oh noes I got the sad powers’ moment. He also got to interact with Jean-Luc and Bella- two people he has a strong but complicated emotional connection to. The moment with Bella had a real ‘if only things had been different’ feel.

I liked that he assumed all the other X-men would think his house and food were amazing.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 04:31:13 PM »
What books are you reading? seriously how is he bumbling?

He didn't take a spear while staring right at Deathbird?  The TG's is not currently trying to overthrow their King because he has neglected his duties because he all up in Rogue's ass all while she having secret meetings with her ex?

Anyone here that claims they would be cool with their significant other meeting with their ex and lying to them about it is full of s***.  Again, she has no respect for the dude.  They just pledged their lives to each other and this sucker for love Gambit entertaining their friends while Rogue getting comforted by the X-men's enemy and a dude that tried to murder her husband.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 04:36:08 PM »
here's Gambit being boss

We agree here.  Wallpaper or not, the dude has people's respect and someone remembered he can charge s*** other than cards. 

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 04:59:18 PM »

No one said that.  It is just said that he has better momements in a wallpaper book than in a book he is costarring in.  And I use the term costar loosely as at this point he is more like the bumbling sidekick.

I completely disagree but that's just my opinion, I'm expressing it, not imposing it.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 05:12:04 PM »
here's Gambit being boss
[/quote

Loved it. He was great in this issue of RED and showed what he can do with powers and great plan.
Taylor is writing great Gambit when he is writing him.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:30:04 PM by purplevit »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2018, 06:04:44 PM »

He didn't take a spear while staring right at Deathbird?  The TG's is not currently trying to overthrow their King because he has neglected his duties because he all up in Rogue's ass all while she having secret meetings with her ex?

Anyone here that claims they would be cool with their significant other meeting with their ex and lying to them about it is full of s***.  Again, she has no respect for the dude.  They just pledged their lives to each other and this sucker for love Gambit entertaining their friends while Rogue getting comforted by the X-men's enemy and a dude that tried to murder her husband.
The Death Bird thing you need to get over, seriously, Gambit had whooped major ass , turns around to Deathbird and her soldiers attacking and is slashed on his side by her blade, its an instantaneous moment, she is super powered you know? i mean she's not some randomer also she was well rested unlike Gambit and pissed that he left her stranded in space.
Well the guilds being unhappy with him neglecting them is not new, remember the last time he was leader of the unified guild, they weren't happy he was dividing his duties between them and the X-men, hell most of his guild want to kill him already before he took over and few of them respect him, Nil?

The Magneto thing is odd and as you say Gambit doesnt know and im sure his reaction wont be good as rogues wont be good either when she finds out Bella was in their bedroom a woman who tried to kill her in the past and is responsible for Codys death, the wedding was such a rush job it's not going to end well, bella showing up was a shock where as Mags showing up was planned so much worse ofcourse but it just happened there will be fallout from it, again im not a Rogue fan, i hate Romy i want him with Bella but but this book is not the book you are making it out to be, its not great or anything but you and others here in the guild are just looking for reasons to hate on it.
I agree that its not well written overall but Gambit is no push over in this book , he is competent ,badass and cunning, yes even though he was hit with a spear from Deathbird while looking at her, sure he should have dodged it even though he had fought loads of peeps and she was already in motion flying towards him and is a genetic mutant with superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, flexibility, reflexes, coordination, balance, and endurance...........like come on dude, let it go  :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 06:08:37 PM by Dantay »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2018, 06:16:14 PM »
On one hand you got Gambit telling Bella not to disrespect his wife. On the other you have Rogue disrespecting Gambit by inviting Mags into their lives again at a time when he is warring with the X-men.Rogue has zero respect for Gambit. And frankly not sure she even loves him. Her dialogue here suggests not love for Gambit but simple she married him because he has been there for her. He is the convenient stooge who will always be ready to put up with whatever bulls*** Rogue throws his way.In real life, you pull the s*** Rogue did in inviting her ex without having the courtesy if telling her husband and that is a quick way to end up single.  Defending Mary Sue Rogue's disrespect here is laughable particularly when it was always Gambit that was getting s*** for being secretive.They have been married for less than a month and Rogue basically already lying and keeping secrets from Gambit.
didnt see this comment so heres a reply,i dont think its disrespect, its a bad decision, but more from someone whos freaking out and afraid not from someone who doesn't care, i do think this marriage will end , i think when everything slows down they will realize they rushed things an made a mistake, end of issue 5 had a real The Graduate ending vibe about it, (well s*** what do we do now) theres repercussions coming KT is building towards something and its not a happy ending me thinks.
if you read the issue at the end she was about to tell Remy and he was going to tell here about Bella but Remy asked to wait a bit before they talked so again repercussions are coming

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2018, 06:22:42 PM »
didnt see this comment so heres a reply,i dont think its disrespect, its a bad decision, but more from someone whos freaking out and afraid not from someone who doesn't care, i do think this marriage will end , i think when everything slows down they will realize they rushed things an made a mistake, end of issue 5 had a real The Graduate ending vibe about it, (well s*** what do we do now) theres repercussions coming KT is building towards something and its not a happy ending me thinks.
if you read the issue at the end she was about to tell Remy and he was going to tell here about Bella but Remy asked to wait a bit before they talked so again repercussions are coming

Bad decisions and disrespect are not mutually exclusive.  It is a bad decision precisely because she disrespects her husband.

Comparing it to Bella is also disingenuous as Gambit didn't invite Bella so Rogue has no reason to be upset with Gambit for Bella coming uninvited.

By contrast Rogue invites Mags, keeps it from her husband, and then confides in him in a way she does not with hwr husband.  If Rogue were a guy, women would characterize it as emotional cheating.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 06:52:04 PM »

Bad decisions and disrespect are not mutually exclusive.  It is a bad decision precisely because she disrespects her husband.

Comparing it to Bella is also disingenuous as Gambit didn't invite Bella so Rogue has no reason to be upset with Gambit for Bella coming uninvited.

By contrast Rogue invites Mags, keeps it from her husband, and then confides in him in a way she does not with hwr husband.  If Rogue were a guy, women would characterize it as emotional cheating.
while i dont think its her being disrespectful it is a wtf are you thinking decision its not going to go well, why even involve him, suppose certain fans were looking for that interaction but its so out of character especially Mags speaking encouragingly of Remy, i do disagree but i also get your point

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 10:35:35 PM »
Fair enough!

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 02:50:51 AM »
Kelly could or should have had Rogue finally telling Mag of what an evil manipulative psychopathic mass murder who is responsible for numerous of atrocities, that she'll never forgive him for what he's done (since he keeps doing this), was the cause of her making her "bad on top of bad" decision on leaving Gambit to die and to never bother them again. Instead her whole past with him is treated with kid gloves, now Mag is someone who can give "well no duh" advice. It's sad to see this become a permanently part of character now, that she'll always be a clueless dimwitted fool when it comes to him, always giving him a free past and continues to hold Gambit to a much higher degree. So now Rogue has not only left Mystique off the hook, but now Mag...

I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly has Gambit shrugging the trial off as if it was no big deal. I don't think I'm going to bother with this series anymore.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:02:13 PM by RomeoSvengali »
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 09:33:13 AM »
Well it makes sense I guess.  Rogue did get off on hearing how Mags murdered Nazis so I guess murder turns her on.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:16:26 AM by remydat »

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2018, 09:24:09 PM »
I was really giving this book a try, and I didn't totally hate this issue, but that One Scene has me livid and it overshadows the little I did enjoy.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 07:38:35 AM »
I’ve read issue 6 again and though I still hate that cameo with all my being, I’ve accepted the rest of the issue better. It’s easier when you know what to expect. It’s funny how Bell’s speech reflects exactly how some of us feel about Remy’s unconditional love for Rogue. It’s actually sad. Rogue lacks empathy, support and passion when it comes to Remy and it’s no different in this series. I’m not a Rogue fan so it’s hard for me to give her a pass and dismiss her behavior as simply character flaws and say it’s admirable that the author is acknowledging her insecurities because that makes it all about her while Remy is already emotionally mature so he gets no real development on this front. 

Considering Marvel’s track record, chances are the series will end after this Mojo arc but it seems KT had left so many hooks to the supposed fourth arc that I’m thinking that maybe it could happen. If it doesn’t, there’ll be some loose ends regarding the Guilds, Tante Mattie, Gambit’s status as King and so on.

Although I’m not enjoying this series as much as I expected to I actually hope a subsequent arc happens. Gambit desperately needs some development – if it doesn’t end up being all about Rogue’s reactions and Gambit just being there for her, that is. I've become cynical of this series.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 07:40:51 AM by andresa »