X-Men > X-Men

Jonathan Hickman’s House of X and Powers of X

(1/4) > >>

purplevit:
Jonathan Hickman’s Marvel Comics are House of X and Powers of X – the X-Men’s Next Major Milestone

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/23/mark-brooks-jonathan-hickman-house-of-x-powers-of-x/

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/23/jonathan-hickman-house-of-x-and-powers-of-x-marvel-comic-x-men-next-major-milestone/

But yesterday, Bleeding Cool revealed that Jonathan Hickman would be writing two distinct 6-issue mini-series, to begin publication in July 2019.And they are both to be regarded as “the next major milestone in X-Men history” apparently, and specifically compared to Len Wein and Dave Cockrum‘s Giant-Size X-Men #1, the 1991 Chris Claremont/Jim Lee X-Men #1, Scott Lobdell, Mark Waidand Robert Cruz‘s Age of Apocalypse and Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely‘s New X-Men.We are to look for “radical radical plans for all of you – the only Marvel book he read growing up was X-Men. Previous books were fantastic jobs. First book he’s done at Marvel that he loved before doing the book. ”Larraz says he would love to talk about what he is working on, very excited about his work and Hickman’s story, but can’t say yetLarraz grew up a huge X-Man fan and it’s the reason he wanted to be a Marvel artistLarraz and his brothers all got X-Men tattoos because of bet he made when he first joined Marvel as an artist – bet was that if he ever drew X-Men, they would all get tats…Oh and it’s X pronounced TEN….

purplevit:

Sparta:
I'm sure Hickman will do a good job. Though I'm not seeing anything groundbreaking in that promo. 3 Wolverines, I'm sure Cyclops will be heavily involved too, Xavier back from the dead (again)...it's the same thing...if their comparing it to Giant-Size (1975), X-Men (1991) and NXM (2001). I guess more will be revealed in the coming months, still far too early...

anya:
I’m just kind of ‘meh’ on this right now. I heard Hickman is plot heavy and really likes the smart guy leader types. So it will probably be mostly Xavier, mags and Scott. Maybe he’ll throw in wolverine as a contrast, lol.

cajunpirate:
Any thoughts on the Nightcrawler-like character on the left? I've read some posts claiming it is a Gambit / Nightcrawler fused character, which, to be honest, I can't wrap my ahead around. Much the same with the character on the right, with Colossus / Magik. Interesting no Gambit or Rogue in the shot. New team for them? Dead? Staying away in their solo book?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version