Author Topic: DC Crossover books Gambit could team with  (Read 5139 times)

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
DC Crossover books Gambit could team with
« on: June 06, 2019, 04:39:16 PM »
Reading about "Swamp Thing" being cancelled after just 1 episode airing got me to think that a Gambit / Swamp Thing crossover would be interesting. Way back when Marvel / DC did these, I remember Wolverine & Gambit got paired up with Batman & Nightwing, but that whole even just seemed to fall short, with no in-depth story, just pictures of likely pairings (Namor & Aquaman, Wonder Woman & Storm, etc.).

The other pairing I thought could be good was Gambit / Catwoman, maybe something in the realm of the two pulling off the ultimate heist.

Any other ideas? Gambit & Rogue with Batman & Catwoman?

Just killing time, as Gambit won't be seen in House or Power of X, no Gambit movie, etc.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: DC Crossover books Gambit could team with
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 01:04:56 PM »
I would like to see Gambit and Batman team up for something.
Gambit and Catwoman too.
After this month's MMX, we'll be in a Gambit drought.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 07:43:56 PM »
I would love to see Gambit/Grifter... Or Green Arrow perhaps. Maybe even Nightwing. There's still so much I'd like to see in the Marvel universe though. I was actually interested when we thought that Gambit had been deaged and made Dads apprentice following SW.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 02:38:46 PM »
I would love to see Gambit/Grifter... Or Green Arrow perhaps. Maybe even Nightwing. There's still so much I'd like to see in the Marvel universe though. I was actually interested when we thought that Gambit had been deaged and made Dads apprentice following SW.
Ha! Thats a slash fanfic writers dream! LOL

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 09:12:29 PM »
Wait... What?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 06:57:21 PM »
LOL - I think, not sure ... but because both Gambit and Nightwing are deemed sexy characters - that fanfic writers would love to slash them. This is an opinion from my buddy in Australia.

I haven't read any Xmen fic in a really long time, so no clue if there is fic or not. LMAO

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 08:46:15 AM »
No, no, no- I just want them to be cool, ya know?! What have I done?! Back! Back, you fan-fic-ers!

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 12:58:04 PM »
Forgot about that Gambit / Grifter jail scene from the X-Men / WildC.A.T.S, crossover. I like those two in a book together. That would be a good one. Also like the Green Arrow idea. Gambit charging an arrow that G.A. shoots. Be a real good team-up.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 09:23:47 PM »
Did that happen when he teamed up with Hawkeye?

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 01:45:39 PM »
I would like to see Gambit and Batman team up for something.
Gambit and Catwoman too.
After this month's MMX, we'll be in a Gambit drought.

I once drafted a fanfic of Gambit and Catwoman crossing over, both being thieves and all, and both being shades of grey, with charming, flirtatious natures, but treacherous. I actually started to illustrate it before I just abandoned it, and settled for a single image (where CW is getting the better of Remy...but in the end, I planned on them being, ah, friendly. If you get me.)

\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 02:31:52 PM »
Is it a nutpunch?

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 04:08:02 PM »
Is it a nutpunch?

Well, a knee in the nuts, yeah.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 06:03:10 PM »

Offline _____

• Mark
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 06:04:21 PM »
This may be the only post I ever say anround here, but I had to say soemthing, for someone who goes on and on about Gambit being treated like crap by Marvel, getting beaten by weaker characters, being made to look like a fool, and don't get me wrong, I agree, and yet. . .  has Gambit getting his ass handed to him by a normal human character. . .  because. . .  reasons? girl power?? What a hypocrite. . .

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 06:45:20 PM »
I was actually going to ask why would Catwoman get the better of Gambit too. Though I like them paired together as well.