Poll

Are you going to subscribe to the Disney+ streaming service?

yes
2 (25%)
no
4 (50%)
maybe
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Disney+  (Read 7709 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Disney+
« on: September 16, 2019, 11:07:33 AM »
Disney+ will launch near the end of 2019. They have TV shows planned, including one for Loki starring Tom Hiddleston.
The 90's cartoon will also be on the service.
They are making several shows for the service which also include their films.
I don't know the price but I'm not sure I want to pay for another service.

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
Re: Disney+
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 01:10:49 PM »
I voted no but should add that if they did something with Gambit and/or the Thieves Guild, then yeah, I would probably try it out

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 01:35:25 PM »
I voted maybe, because I do like Disney, but I'm not sure I want to add another service.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 09:45:18 AM »
I voted no but should add that if they did something with Gambit and/or the Thieves Guild, then yeah, I would probably try it out

I thibk the same.

Online andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 11:30:38 AM »
I voted yes even though it will only be available where I live next year (don't know precisely when) and I have no idea how much it will cost. Still intend to sign up.   

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 10:56:45 PM »
Definitely tempting. I might add it on or might get rid of Netflix...hmm...

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 09:22:54 AM »
For the moment I'm not interested due to the direction they are seemingly taking the MCU in. I have little faith in most of the upcoming stuff at  this point. If they decided to do a continuation of the 90's X-Men show or Gambit shows up somewhere then I would have to sign up. It would be out of my hands at that point.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 06:25:56 PM »
Lol, that’s a fun way to put it. It would be out of your hands, You would have no choice but to succumb to the dark side... ;)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 10:08:01 AM »
Yep, you got it.  ;D  I would pretty much have no choice at that point.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 11:05:59 AM »
Lucky for me, a friend shared their account with me. While I haven't watched a lot of stuff. I can say .. The Mandalorian is really good.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 02:34:21 PM »
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-baby-yoda-name-marvel-thanos-snap-mistake/

The article talks about baby yoda's name.

Both Favreau and actor/director Taika Waititi know what it really is, but refuse to divulge it in the meantime. The lack of a proper name for the character has resulted in the public simply referring to it as Baby Yoda, which may understandably cause some confusion for those who aren't particularly well-versed with the lore. Baby Yoda isn't actually Yoda, nor is the infant the offspring of the iconic Star Wars character. However, since there's barely any information regarding their species, it somehow make sense to refer to it as such. And by delaying the confirmation of the baby's real name, Star Wars is risking repeating Marvel Studios' gaffe regarding Thanos' purge of half of life in the universe at the end of Avengers: Infinity War.

I agree with the article, they should just tell the fans what the "The Child" name is, we don't even know its species. No baby whatever it is. It's just silly.  LOL
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:31:58 PM by Nekobaghira »

NicoPony

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 12:22:53 PM »
Anybody watch WandaVision last night? I was amused. My husband said, now who are these people?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 01:33:06 PM »
I'm not interested in WandaVision. Neither character interests me. I don't know, I might watch an eppy and see. :)

Okay, six minutes in and I stopped. Is it a spoof of Bewitched? It feels that way with the black and white motif and laugh track. I really dislike laugh tracks, its so phoney.

I might try it again, but not right away.  :crazy2:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:47:38 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 02:06:16 PM »
Anybody watch WandaVision last night? I was amused. My husband said, now who are these people?

I've been looking forward to it, but I am going to wait until it is all on there and I can watch it all in one go.  I did the same thing with The Boys season 2.  Not a fan of this new trend of just releasing 1 or two episodes at a time on streaming channels(nor of the ever shortening of those seasons).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:09:45 PM by thjan »

NicoPony

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 02:11:38 PM »
I'm not interested in WandaVision. Neither character interests me. I don't know, I might watch an eppy and see. :)

Okay, six minutes in and I stopped. Is it a spoof of Bewitched? It feels that way with the black and white motif and laugh track. I really dislike laugh tracks, its so phoney.

I might try it again, but not right away.  :crazy2:

I don't think it's a spoof, I think it's a delusion/illusion. The laugh-track is part of the illusion. The black and white goes away by the end of episode two and we're in technicolor. I'm half reminded of Mojoverse, that someone is watching or controlling what's going on. I recommend watching the trailer first before diving in.

The first episode was like Dick Van Dyke/I Love Lucy, the second is more Bewitched. I'm wondering what other shows they'll reference.

I don't know, I was smiling the whole time. I love 50s style and fashion. If you're watching it expecting a sitcom you'll be disappointed. If you're watching it to see a typical Marvel Cinematic Universe, you might be disappointed too. I'm just along for the ride, bc I don't exactly know what it is. There's humor in it, I laughed at the cartoon of Vision's inner works in episode two. There's also commercials, so the ad for the Strucker watch complete with Hydra on the face and the creepy ass toaster made by Stark industries is funny but also sinister.