Poll

Are you going to subscribe to the Disney+ streaming service?

yes
2 (25%)
no
4 (50%)
maybe
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Disney+  (Read 7708 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Disney+
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2021, 01:05:55 PM »
Ok, so anyone who has see the fifth episode yet using Evan Peters for Pietro seems way too elaborate for just an Easter egg. It has to mean something. From what Darcy said, it’s not a simple recast either. Is he from the Fox verse? Is anyone else from the fox verse showing up? I hope not, I want more of a clean slate. Wanda definitely appears to be the main villain, but they’ll probably do something to show she’s not. And Agnes totally killed sparky... >:( 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 01:12:37 PM by anya »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2021, 10:57:31 AM »
Lol, I guess I’m the only one freaking out.  ;D

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2021, 12:07:09 PM »
No, you're not! The show keeps getting better every episode. So many cool possibilities/theories/reasons for that.  

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2021, 05:03:43 PM »
Not crazy about having him appear as Quicksilver for 2 reasons.

I would have preferred the MCU version for emotional impact. Yes, I prefer the FOX version, but, as far as ties to the characters/verse? No. Now I know Marvel is trying to race to beat Warner/DC to the Multiverse (on the big screen, though I'd argue DC already has, twice, beaten them there with the arrow verse and WW 84), but I too prefer a "clean slate", especially as Jackman won't be returning. Jackman's Wolverine claws scratching across Cap's shield would have made me creame my pants, to say nothing of a Hulk flex/rage roar in the background with SNICHT in the foreground, or Cap and McKellan's Magneto sitting and having a discussion about World War 2....but, alas, those days have passed. Evans Quicksilver, while a fan favorite, came from some very poor movies in a soft reboot turned sequel and prequel and then reboot again franchise of films. A crossover could be fun, but ultimately, confusing, as insofar as I know, only Deadpool (already detached from the other Fox films and a 4th wall breaking character anyway) is planning to be utilized from the Fox verse, so, Evan's Quicksilver, well....just felt odd to me.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

NicoPony

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2021, 08:17:07 PM »
Aw, I didn't think Agnes killed Sparky. I think it's more about Wanda needing the "lessons learned" portion of the 80s sitcom she's put herself in. Uhm, Family Ties, right? Sha-la-la-la.... Can you imagine what that show would be like in today's political environment? Michael J Fox would probably actually murder his parents with a Don't Tread on Me flag.

I am so PSYCHED to see what the 90s bring!!! Can we take bets? Will it be Full House, as mentioned before?

Here's some choices:
Full House
The Nanny
Family Matters
Blossom
Married: With Children (OMG, I'd die)
Fresh Prince of Belaire (if they open with a rap, I'm done. WandaVision will be my new favorite show.)

Outliers because they're not family dramas:
Seinfeld
Friends
Fraiser (LOL, no)
Saved By The Bell (RIP Dustin Diamond)

I don't know Fox version versus MCU version, I only watched the MCU. I'll say, this Pietro seems cuter than the other one, so I'm on board. Though, does he have some kind of New Jersey accent? That I can pass on. MCU Pietro didn't get a cool costume, he just got a track suit and some NIKEs and LOOKED like he belonged in Jersey. I laughed for an inappropriately long amount of time about that, didn't think Age of Ultron was supposed to be a comedy...

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2021, 05:27:56 AM »
FOX Quicksilver was always cooler. Never watched Dark Phoenix so I don`t even know if he survived that, lol

NicoPony, these 2 scenes with QS from Days of Future Past and Apocalypse are the only thing that you need with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9GFyZ5LREQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu1WLS8NV7Y

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2021, 09:57:09 AM »
Those scenes were the whole reason he was a ‘fan favorite,’ lol then he’d get nerfed for the rest of the movie

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2021, 03:48:41 PM »
FOX's Quicksilver is a good example of how stupid they think the audience is. He was there merely for one slowmo matrix type scene and that's it. It worked in DOFP and they did the same exact scene two more times. Three movies and still nothing to his character. He's in those movies only for those scenes then he's just part of the background. Well, he kind of has to be because they overpowered him and he could single handedly solve most of their issues. I honestly think it was insulting. But this was Fox's MO for X-Men characters.

I don't want ANY of the FOX characters to come back. Not one. I want a fresh start and I want every single one handled better.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2021, 11:09:25 AM »
Ok, so episode 6... was more of a Malcolm in the Middle parody. Quicksilver’s Jersey accent is gone and he has at least some of MCU quicksilver’s memories (though wanda’s obviously giving one some fake memories.) but big thing is he’s aware of the whole fake town set up and talks to Wanda about it...hmmm. Wanda is doing this, but says she didn’t start the whole thing.  I still don’t trust Agnes, I think she was ‘faking it’ to manipulate vision. Everyone else that far out could barely move, but she could chat...I see you Agnes.  >:( 

NicoPony

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2021, 09:03:21 PM »
Ok, so episode 6... was more of a Malcolm in the Middle parody. Quicksilver’s Jersey accent is gone and he has at least some of MCU quicksilver’s memories (though wanda’s obviously giving one some fake memories.) but big thing is he’s aware of the whole fake town set up and talks to Wanda about it...hmmm. Wanda is doing this, but says she didn’t start the whole thing.  I still don’t trust Agnes, I think she was ‘faking it’ to manipulate vision. Everyone else that far out could barely move, but she could chat...I see you Agnes.  >:( 

I could’ve sworn Malcolm in the Middle was in the oughts, not the 90s. Pietro’s was really distracting, but the costumes were hilarious.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2021, 11:02:02 AM »
I think you might be right. Maybe they combined the eighties and the nineties last week.

NicoPony

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2021, 03:00:27 PM »
I think you might be right. Maybe they combined the eighties and the nineties last week.

Skipped the best decade of TV. That yogurt commercial spot though, that was definitely 1990s. I was experiencing Dunkaroo/GoGurt flashbacks, which was disturbing enough without the decaying child corpse. What was it even in reference to? I think I didn't "get" the last two commercial spots. The Hydra one, the toaster, and the Strucker ones were obvious.

In my last post, I meant to say Pietro's hair. Damn this tiny font on my tablet.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2021, 03:49:16 PM »
Just to let anyone know, there is a mid credits scene in this episode and ...I still see you Agnes..  >:(

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2021, 05:57:02 PM »
Last episode was kinda boring for me but Sparky stuff felt personal at the end:)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2021, 09:56:57 AM »
There was a lot in of rehash. And I’ve had that song stuck stuck in my head since Friday, lol.