Poll

Are you going to subscribe to the Disney+ streaming service?

yes
2 (25%)
no
4 (50%)
maybe
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Disney+  (Read 7712 times)

NicoPony

Re: Disney+
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2021, 11:10:05 AM »
Just to let anyone know, there is a mid credits scene in this episode and ...I still see you Agnes..  >:(

Dammit, you were right.

Found her intro song to be hilarious though. I'm sorry to have laughed about Sparky, but I kinda did.

The Office theme? That was a surprise.

I also laughed about the depression medication side effects being "more depression." It's funny because it's true.

NicoPony

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2021, 07:31:01 PM »
We watched Flora and Ulysses on Disney+ tonight. Has Ben Schwartz (Parks and Rec’s Jon-Ralfeo), Alyson Hannigan (Buffy’s Willow), Danny Pudi (Community’s Abed), two kid actors. Ben’s character is a comic writer, his daughter is a comic book fan. Intro features a Wolverine mention, Storm cameo, but then later, one of the dad’s characters is a guy in a trench coat, messy haired guy, wielding a bo staff by the name of Sho-bo, the Homeless Warrior. I had to rewind it just to see it again. I LOL’ed.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2021, 06:09:58 PM »
I tried watching Flora and Ulysses, not my thing I guess. The ads looked cute but I think I got about 30 minutes in and said. Nah. LOL

NicoPony

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2021, 09:13:52 PM »
I tried watching Flora and Ulysses, not my thing I guess. The ads looked cute but I think I got about 30 minutes in and said. Nah. LOL

Considering you don’t have a six year old, I don’t blame you. Movies with superhero squirrels are not generally aimed at a wider audience.

I was okay with the WandaVision episode, glad it was longer and more cinematic. I’m super annoyed with the mid-credits crap. Just include it with the show or don’t have 20 minutes worth of credits at the end of a 25 minute show. The cameos of actual tv shows were the best part. Every time I hear “Hayward” I think of Bart Simpson calling Moe’s Tavern and asking for Hayward, Hayward Jablowmie?

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2021, 04:07:48 PM »
I strangely love the phrase super hero squirrel...

So the WandaVision finale... kinda disappointing. Not just because of the Pieter reveal, but also: Where is white vision fly off to? What exactly was Hayward’s plan beyond standing around being jerky and reacting stupidly? I mean he was actually right, Wanda was dangerous and did enslave the town, how did he blow that? Why was Monica standing so hard for Wanda, jeez, she barely knew her.

Agatha was at least understandable and the fight was cool. The scarlet witch outfit looked cool, except for the headpiece looked oddly small.  Back to Pieter, I’m not sad that this basically means the X-men will be a complete reboot, no holdovers, that’s great. But I didn’t mind fox quicksilver and it’s just rather mind boggling that marvel spent extra money to hire Evan peters and tried to hide it for a big surprise and the ultimate payoff was just a dick joke.  :o  It’s like...really?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2021, 06:34:04 PM »
It wasn't bad but can't say I really liked final. It was ok, I suppose.
I didn't like fight with Agatha. For me it was just a boring blasting.
Peters stuff felt like a slap. Wasted good actor.

Liked new costume and Vision fight.

Overall I would say that there were not enough of Vision in WandaVision and standart final fight where Wanda fights purple Wanda and Vision fights White Vision.

NicoPony

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2021, 10:58:32 AM »
Whaaah! Sad to say I was disappointed as well.

I hate all the explosions. I usually fast forward thru the Avengers movies during these scenes, same way I fast forward through the parts of Project Runway during the “call home and cry” scenes. Just get back to the story already!

The Vision fight was good though because it was less of the “let me stand up here and laugh” kind of fight.

I give it a C+.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2021, 04:48:14 PM »
I wasn't disappointed by the show or the finale, per se. I am disappointed that the show producers actually thought Agatha was a surprise. I would have sworn it was a meta-joke, which is why they went so hard with the reveal and the "song". I figured it was obvious misdirection for something else... but no. It's exactly that. They thought Agatha was fooling someone. That part was whack. Monica going to bat so hard for Wanda felt a bit forced. But we'll most likely not have too many instances of two female characters not getting along with each other in present-day Disney projects. I was intrigued by the ending. The 2nd one. Wanda learning from the Darkhold is going to be a problem in the near future. If that's her foundation - then, yeah, no bueno.

All the theories.. Marvel has cultivated this in its work thus far. It's their own fault people were looking for easter eggs. Cant swing on us 20 times and then hide your hands on the 21st attempt and act like your innocent. We're looking for the hook.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2021, 07:29:02 PM »
I liked the ending. The only disappointing thing was that Pietro was just some guy. Was expecting him to be a Pietro from another universe.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2021, 11:29:32 AM »
I thought about watching Falcon and Winter Soldier - but I don't like either character all that much, so I will wait til its all released, maybe binge it if I even remember.

On a different thought. - warning - rant-ish.
Raya and the Last Dragon: Okay, first up Disney+ and friends (other streaming services) tells you it will cost extra. Fine. Taking the monthly fee into account and how people are accessing it aside, $30 to watch a new film because people can not go to theaters anymore is ridiculous. Absolutely stupid.

In my area (and I mean that loosely - one theater is a 45 min drive), there are now only five theaters. The big chain closed, probably won't come back and I'm literally stuck driving to a theater that will only show one film now (Tom and Jerry - yawn) or some old film that I don't want to see.

I bought a new film via Amazon for a couple bucks more than a theater and was cheaper than going to a theater, make your own popcorn or whatevers but its a depressing way to see new movies. It's another thing I miss, going to a movie theater.

In the end, Disney is out of its ever lovin' mind if they think I'll spend $30 to see a new film. Wait til its on TV for me.

Done with my rant. LOL
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:33:53 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline andrei

• Guild Member
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2021, 11:39:00 AM »
Just because Falcon went to New Orleans, my heart went crazy thinking about some sort of hint of our cajun

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2021, 10:34:42 AM »
Just because Falcon went to New Orleans, my heart went crazy thinking about some sort of hint of our cajun

Yeah, although I knew it was nearly impossible, I felt the same.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2021, 12:25:06 PM »
So very sad, shocking tragic development in the Falcon and the Winter Solider...the headstock is now officially in the MCU. I won’t say why or how, because spoilers, but still WHY!?!?  Why did you bring in the headstock as part of the MCU costumes. It looks silly in comics and, said the say, silly on the screen... * uncontrollable weeping and dramatically running out of the room*

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2021, 05:19:36 PM »
WandaVision - It Was Fun... For A While
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh7-HWmJC1A

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier - It's The Best Show Ever Made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e0B_7es0_g
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader