Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 95854 times)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2020, 12:16:32 PM »

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2020, 12:26:52 PM »

*tears of joy* It's...beautiful!

As biased as this sounds, it's actually one of the best (if not the best) looking Marvel pop I've seen. The pose is perfect, the cards are the big stand-out for me, can't wait to see how it glows. This glow-in-the-dark is scheduled to be released in May, but the regular Gambit pop will be released in June. Hopefully it'll be earlier than that. Pops often do hit the stores before the release date.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2020, 02:50:49 PM »
Purchased it and Rogue.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2020, 03:36:40 PM »
Lol, me too! Now I just have to wait a couple months. It does look good! :D

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2020, 10:14:16 AM »
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2020, 04:57:12 PM »
FYI - the other place has gone ban happy. While not permanent bans, probably 7 days and stuff. Just be careful there, there seems to be some over sensitivity because I look at what people have said and can't see why a ban.

Though I expect to be banned anytime when I post there. LOL I've literally burned my dinner, re-wording comments there and being so focused on that, that I forgot I was cooking to begin with.*sigh*

Turns out Excaliber #6 seemed to upset the romys at the other place. While I feel for them, it was good to see the blinders off and actually see what the  Gambit only fans have seen for some time.

When you can read a comment like - "you couldn't try harder much to alienate Gambit's fans"  - that says something.

Gambit's been reduced to Rogue's support character and its not a good read. Gambit is not Gambit. IMO

Edit: Clean up - I'm going to do a 2020 thread for this. I'll move comments and add a link if I remember how to, if not well. You'll figure it out. LOL :)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:57:52 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2020, 08:28:15 PM »
Lol I got banned for making a joke about there not being a Romy baby.

I think I’m gonna trade wait Excalibur just because it pisses the Romy shippers off. Yeah, Gambit’s portrayal sucks, but someone could come in and say, “I NEED to write Gambit.” At this point though, I just want to bask in Romy shippers displeasure.

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2020, 08:40:49 PM »
That hottub scene.. wow! Definitely the most steamiest scene in X-Men comics. I think it would have been smarter if Rogue would have said something like " I don't want to have a baby now, or maybe not in Krakoa since it probably won't last. Could have been a interesting angle.

Yeah, Jelly, I knew you were going to be banned the minute I read your post. I got banned because I decided to create a new account and abandon my old one. They're pretty sensitive over there. 

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2020, 09:01:43 PM »
I still think Rogue will get pregnant.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2020, 10:08:20 PM »
Lol I got banned for making a joke about there not being a Romy baby.

I think I’m gonna trade wait Excalibur just because it pisses the Romy shippers off. Yeah, Gambit’s portrayal sucks, but someone could come in and say, “I NEED to write Gambit.” At this point though, I just want to bask in Romy shippers displeasure.
I wuv you. In a respectful friend way. Gambit is nothing but an attachment to Rogue and that is hard to read.

If romys can't see how bad this is, well .. its on them.

This is the worst couple ever. Gambit has been reduced, think of that as in a cooking thing. He is nothing compared to Rogue. My goodness, can't we kiss her ass more because Gambit is nobody compared to her.

You've got nothing to refute. Gambit has been reduced.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 10:31:39 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2020, 10:36:10 PM »
Fakenews!  ;D

Congrats on the engagement!

Yeah my bad.  Poor use of language on my part.  Thanks for rne congrats.

Not be around her much as being a Gambit fan is depressing so fogured I would just vent my frustrations on CBR rather than bring it here.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2020, 10:39:20 PM »
I wrote an article about Children of the Atom. It'll be posted soon but I dont believe that they are "side kicks". Whoever this Ayala woman is, she wrote them "like" they were sidekicks. I think this is an elseoworld story that takes place during the 9th life of Moira MacTaggert, or in the near future, but still along the same lines. In the 9th life of Moira, she and Apocalypse allowed Sinister to create what became known as Chimera- custom made mutant soldiers to fight the machine-mutant alliance. The first generation were people with singular powers from past mutants. Which would explain why that girl seems to have Gambit's powers. Later generations had up four power sets like what we saw in Rasputin.

In the 9th life this took place years into the future. This may be the same. IMO Children of the Atom telling the story of that world, or something that happens years for now. Ayala says that they "grew up with posters of Storm and Wolverine" Only way for that to happen is for it to take place years or decades for now... In short, this'll have nothing to do with Gambit. To be honest, if you were Marvel, would you trust a cast of Jean, Cyclops, Angel, Gambit and Nightcrawler to someone that's never written the X-Men, at all? Nah.

Well hopefully if it is the future we can get an appearance from the Witness.  Now that they doing their best to destroy 616 Gambit, The Witness is now officially my canonical version of Gambit.

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2020, 10:40:29 PM »
Another thing to point out:

Gambit is almost surely gonna be making appearances in Children of the Atom, so hopefully Vita can deliver on good Gambit content even if he isn’t a star of the book (and I’ll admit that the idea of Gambit having a sidekick type character sounds fun, I just hope they all have different names. As much as love Kate Bishop and Laura’s stint as Wolverine, it’s led to some arguments and jokes that I’m tired of at this point).

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2020, 10:56:49 PM »
I vote for her name being Vienna.  So named as it is one of tje gambits (opening moves) in chess and one of the few that sounds like a woman's name. Wa

Offline malachi

• Guild Royalty
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2020, 10:03:50 AM »
I wuv you. In a respectful friend way. Gambit is nothing but an attachment to Rogue and that is hard to read.

If romys can't see how bad this is, well .. its on them.

This is the worst couple ever. Gambit has been reduced, think of that as in a cooking thing. He is nothing compared to Rogue. My goodness, can't we kiss her ass more because Gambit is nobody compared to her.

You've got nothing to refute. Gambit has been reduced.

I like ROMY. More in theory then what we have gotten on the pages. It should be a no-brainer couple for marvel. Especially for Rogue writers. Here is a character who should love Rogue and let her be herself, because that's the girl he loves. Not this dotting one note punchingbag. Rogue writers should be overjoyed. Pair her up with any other character and they would control her, dot on her or move her away from her roots. Magneto for instance could never have such a free spirited partner. He is all about control and he doesn't conform.

If this is what Marvel wants then lets break them up. When Gambit was single too little was done with that. When he's with Rogue he's just a moon orbiting her. Historically Gambit writers have written a better Rogue then the opposite. So bring in a Gambit fan as a writer. Give the ROMY marriage one last try and then we will see what happens.