Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 98464 times)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2020, 02:55:36 PM »
Marauders isn't all that great of a book either to be honest.

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2020, 04:06:42 PM »
Just my fanart. Always wanted to see Remy with Darth Maul`s double lightsaber.

Wow! Those two are my favorite characters in fictions probably. How cool this could be if it was in the x of the swords promo. This can beat Cyclops' lame lightsaber easily.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2020, 04:32:29 PM »
Thank you, friends :gambit:

I doubt that Gambit will even appear in Swords of X. But it was fun to draw. Sorry, it seems I posted it in a wrong thread.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2020, 05:59:18 PM »
It's okay, I fixed it. I had to remember how. LOL

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2020, 10:22:26 PM »
Think someone mentioned it earlier but any good Gambit fanfic out there preferably more recent?
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2020, 02:01:55 PM »
I don't know about Gambit fanfic, I haven't read Xmen fanfic or Gambit specific in some time. I do read fanfic but in a totally different fandom.

Gambit is in general slashed with any male character the writer likes the most. There are a few romy fics too and I don't read those either.

What's missing is more action/adventure stuff.  Maybe another guildmate would have some suggestions.

AO3 (archive of our own) has a tagging system, and filters so that you can be specific in what you want to read. For example, you can include Gambit then hit filter and only fics with him in it shows up.

Fanfiction.net, you'll have to hope the people writing gives enough info in their summaries.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 02:05:10 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2020, 05:25:11 PM »
Thanks Neko.

Offline malachi

• Guild Royalty
« Reply #217 on: March 11, 2020, 08:59:21 PM »
I don't know about Gambit fanfic, I haven't read Xmen fanfic or Gambit specific in some time. I do read fanfic but in a totally different fandom.

Gambit is in general slashed with any male character the writer likes the most. There are a few romy fics too and I don't read those either.

What's missing is more action/adventure stuff.  Maybe another guildmate would have some suggestions.

AO3 (archive of our own) has a tagging system, and filters so that you can be specific in what you want to read. For example, you can include Gambit then hit filter and only fics with him in it shows up.

Fanfiction.net, you'll have to hope the people writing gives enough info in their summaries.

I'm working on a 4 parts fanfic. It centers around Archangel and Gambit dealing with Apocalypse in the current Krakoa status quo. Not heavy on action and adventure as of now. More about characters making choices. In general it's about characters and stories I'm missing with the current Krakoa status quo.

I wouldn't mind if Remy and Warren became friends in the comics. They seem like a fun pair. I wouldn't be suprised if Remy has stolen something from one or two of Warrens houses.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:01:11 PM by malachi »

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2020, 10:21:12 AM »
I always got the impression Warren and Remy disliked on another.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline malachi

• Guild Royalty
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2020, 05:37:47 PM »

I don't think they  have really interacted beyond Fabians solo and the fallout of Gambits Trial. Both characters have changed since then and experienced much. I'm using Apocalypse as a bonding experience. In general many X-men have disliked Gambit due to his womanizing, aloofness, jokes and not taking things serious. Especially on the womanizing I think Warren is one of the few who wouldn't feel competetive or threathened by it. Manly due to them being so different.

Just give them a common goal and they are more alike then they would have guessed. A little bit like his friendship with Bishop.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2020, 08:13:27 AM »
I'm working on a 4 parts fanfic. It centers around Archangel and Gambit dealing with Apocalypse in the current Krakoa status quo. Not heavy on action and adventure as of now. More about characters making choices. In general it's about characters and stories I'm missing with the current Krakoa status quo.

I wouldn't mind if Remy and Warren became friends in the comics. They seem like a fun pair. I wouldn't be suprised if Remy has stolen something from one or two of Warrens houses.

Sweet, let me know when it is done if you don't mind.  I am actually perpetually working on a book that has a character modeled a bit after the Witness.  Don't know if I will ever finish it as can't quite find the time.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2020, 08:16:27 AM »

Well wouldn't see they dislike each other but I imagine the MM has always prevented them from being closer despite Warren ultimately forgiving him in the solo.  I could see them bonding over Apocalypse though and always though they would be a good pair to hit up the bar scene with Warren the more gentlemanly ladies man and Gambit the classic bad boy that women love.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2020, 08:40:12 AM »
I honestely can't see Remy and Warren getting along and hanging out. I think Remy could've been buddies with Kurt had they spent some time on the same team in the past, though.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2020, 12:53:59 PM »
Flipped through Excalibur. In a nutshell, Gambit whines, is rude to Rictor and uses his powers to make campfire. Oh and quietly combs his wife's hair.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2020, 01:02:17 AM »
I'm going to add an image. TH doesn't relate to a straight couple. IMO

She relates to whatever letter in the alphabet that owns 20 percent of the alphabet that isn't hetero.

I'm ok with that, but ... she is writing a female Gambit. IMO.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 01:29:48 AM by Nekobaghira »