Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 95793 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #285 on: April 19, 2020, 12:04:26 PM »
Dang, I just that this could be fan art. Nice fan art, but nothing to speculate about.

Edit: ok, now I just found out they are from a quiz/game on marvel’s instagram. (I need to get out of quarantine!)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:15:10 PM by anya »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2020, 12:14:40 PM »
Yes. That pic from cbr.
It is not a fan art. It was used by Marvel on their instagram poll.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2020, 12:17:19 PM »
I though it was just fanart but Dike Ruen posted on 24.03 pic and team has the same costumes.

It seems Marvwl comissioned him.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2020, 12:22:56 PM »

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2020, 03:04:13 PM »
I new Marvel game is available on Android and iOS called Marvel Superwars and Gambit is being introduced to this game.  Here is the first look before the complete character designs is revealed tomorrow.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2020, 03:34:22 PM »
Don't say I never gave y'all anything.  :smitten:

(Was a link to the 2015 Gambit movie script)

I'll keep the link open for a couple days. Download etc etc.

Hey, thanks! I've been hearing details about this script for a while, but have never been able to find it online. I think it's a decent script and has some great characterization of Gambit. He's a smartass and a badass! But I think it's very possible for the MCU to do better. I realize that some people would not like to know what's in it, so I will use spoiler tags to be safe. All my personal opinions, of course.

*It was annoying to see an awesome character like Jean-Luc Lebeau wasted to further such a generic plot device. He has such an interesting father-son dynamic with Remy in the comics and you don't get to see that at all here.

*Speaking of characters being MIA, where the heck was Tante Mattie?! She's basically Gambit's mom. And what about Lapin? And while Jake was in the script, he was tragically underused. These characters would have made the plot feel much less generic. What really always made Gambit's solo series great (besides Gambit himself, of course) was the colourful cast of secondary characters in his life. I feel like some of them are underused or just plain absent here. This is one of the reasons I've always thought Gambit would work best as a TV series.

*I wasn't a fan of how the Thieves Guild was presented here. They are more of this ragtag band of petty thieves and not a crime syndicate. In a series, I would kinda like to see both families own and operate seemingly legitimate corporations that are really just a front for two crime syndicates fighting for control of the New Orleans underworld.

*On the assassin side, I enjoyed Belladonna. But I did kind of wish there were a little less emphasis on their relationship. Kind of a lot for an action movie. And while I don't mind it when they race/sex bend characters, I didn't see any point in changing Marius's sex. In fact, it kind of made Belladonna look weak and indecisive by comparison. Bella always looks so badass in part because she took over her dad's murder business and is an excellent leader whom people fear. She is a woman in this male-dominated group of killers and she is THE boss b*tch. Drop-dead gorgeous, but also dangerous with a cruel streak.

*The final confrontation between Gambit and Sinister felt a bit anticlimactic to me. I'm not even sure why.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:18:41 PM by hairlesscat »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #291 on: April 19, 2020, 03:59:23 PM »
I though it was just fanart but Dike Ruen posted on 24.03 pic and team has the same costumes.

It seems Marvwl comissioned him.

I'm all for a revival/sequel to the animated series.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #292 on: April 19, 2020, 04:11:11 PM »
All this new Gambit stuff seems to confirm that MCU has plans for him.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #293 on: April 19, 2020, 05:38:56 PM »
I new Marvel game is available on Android and iOS called Marvel Superwars and Gambit is being introduced to this game.  Here is the first look before the complete character designs is revealed tomorrow.

Cool! Is this game good?

I have Gambit in Future fight. Cool mobile game.
Wasn't able to get Remy in Contast of champions so deleted it.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #294 on: April 19, 2020, 05:48:41 PM »
All this new Gambit stuff seems to confirm that MCU has plans for him.

I hope for the same. We desperately need awesome MCU Gambit.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #295 on: April 19, 2020, 05:58:42 PM »
@Hairlesscat, compelet agree. I didn't like Guilds in script. They were like just like simple burglars from Layman's bad solo. They needed their own rules, ancient traditions, secret info library. Also their own money, clubs and other stuff like in John Wick movies.

It was 2015 second draft. Probably next drafts changed it for better.
Gambit was awesome in it. Loved scene with orange. So dangerous.

Also plan with envelopes. Really smart.

Third act with big thievery is very good written for me.

I am sure that D+ can give more in 6 hours then movie in 2.
But I am sure that we won't get some awesome stuff in D+ thay we could have in that movie.
Also feel bad for Tatum. But it seems he agreed with Disney that he moves away from Gambit project and will be making other projects for Disney.

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2020, 06:46:56 PM »
Quote from: purplevit link=topic=5271. msg77833#msg77833 date=1587332336

Cool! Is this game good?

I have Gambit in Future fight.  Cool mobile game. 
Wasn't able to get Remy in Contast of champions so deleted it.

It's a free to play moba game Like league of legends and u can easily get Gambit when he comes out next week for free.  He will also come with alternative costumes.  I will post it here as soon as I get more information.

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2020, 06:53:07 PM »
Quote from: purplevit link=topic=5271. msg77835#msg77835 date=1587333522
@Hairlesscat, compelet agree.  I didn't like Guilds in script.  They were like just like simple burglars from Layman's bad solo.  They needed their own rules, ancient traditions, secret info library.  Also their own money, clubs and other stuff like in John Wick movies. 

It was 2015 second draft.  Probably next drafts changed it for better. 
Gambit was awesome in it.  Loved scene with orange.  So dangerous.

Also plan with envelopes.  Really smart.

Third act with big thievery is very good written for me. 

I am sure that D+ can give more in 6 hours then movie in 2.
But I am sure that we won't get some awesome stuff in D+ thay we could have in that movie. 
Also feel bad for Tatum.  But it seems he agreed with Disney that he moves away from Gambit project and will be making other projects for Disney.

The guild could have been shown in better light but the story was already to cramped.  Focusing on the guild with have taken the focus away from Remy.  Remy was shown to be very similar to the Claremount era Gambit dangerous, sexy n the journey of his character was good. 
Hoped with some tweak to the script we could have seen a Gambit movie if Fox didn't cut the budget.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2020, 07:17:27 PM »

The guild could have been shown in better light but the story was already to cramped.  Focusing on the guild with have taken the focus away from Remy.  Remy was shown to be very similar to the Claremount era Gambit dangerous, sexy n the journey of his character was good. 
Hoped with some tweak to the script we could have seen a Gambit movie if Fox didn't cut the budget.
I don't think it would have taken very much time to establish that the New Orleans Thieves Guild was an organization of elite thieves. A couple of lines about it towards the beginning followed by a montage of his thief training could have done the trick. They could even have extended the run time a little if it were that big of a concern.

I mean, let's be honest: if Jean-Luc hadn't adopted Remy, Remy would probably still be picking pockets and running petty scams. He had talent, but he needed training. This script makes it seem like he was already going to be a master thief without Jean-Luc and the Guild.

Also, don't worry! I'm sure we'll get even more Gambit badassery in the MCU.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:21:44 PM by hairlesscat »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #299 on: April 19, 2020, 10:01:17 PM »
How I saw it, Dani ends up locked in the sanitarium. She had to get there somehow which means she had a life before it. This could ha e been it. Sam with Madrox. He was arrested as a bank robber in X3. Gambit could have been his starting point. Especially being a member of the Guild.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony