Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 95763 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2020, 12:39:29 PM »
That is a cool alternate costume, and I don’t know enough about video games to make any other comments. ;)

About movie/ TV speculation, since we are in speculation mode, if the rumors are true (big if there) and rogue is a bad guy in captain marvel 2, that’s it out for a couple more years and a (possible) gambit tv show would also be a few years away. But if they came out at similar times, rogue would have that one ‘bad guy’ appearance, but gambit would have a year or two’s worth of tv shows. She it’s possible he joins the X-men first and that would be the possible good guy/bad girl dynamic that was mentioned. Not that he’s going to be a straight arrow’ type character. Of course, this is all still glorious speculation...

If rumours are true then Rogue will appear in CM2 that is July 2022.

Ms Marvel and Hakkeye were suposed to be released in 2021 but who knows noww. If other D+ shows won't get delayed then for 2022 so far announced only She-Huld and Moon Knight.

So I would guess they will add 1 or 2 more shows for D+ for fall 2022. I think it will be Thunderbolts or War Machine.

So I assume that Gambit D+ series will be for 2023. Marauders are rumoured. So it probably will set up Sinister for first X-Men movie on 2024.

All this is just a speculation. Also I don't think that Gambit show will be releasing a season every year.
I think we will get Gambit in D+ series on 2023, then on team movie on 2024, second season D+ on 2025, cameo or a new team movie on 2026 etc.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 12:51:46 PM by purplevit »

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #331 on: April 23, 2020, 01:28:32 PM »
Quote from: purplevit link=topic=5271. msg77871#msg77871 date=1587658864

Thanks.  Cool! Will try to download it tomorrow and find you.

Great.  You know the best part is Gambit came out before some of the most popular X-Men like Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue just to name a few

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #332 on: April 24, 2020, 11:49:54 AM »

ETA: To be on topic, the Coronavirus lockdown is going to mess with a lot of Marvel's plans BUT it could be good for things under low key development? Maybe it'll give Fiege and co a lot of thinking time on how the MCU pivots to have mutants and the F4 at its centre. Thor's already using Brood sharks and Falcon&Winter Soldier is using Madripoor.

Something I've always found appealing about the X-Men was exactly the diverse cast of characters from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, and the strong female characters. That’s something I loved as a kid and still do. However, I do have a problem with how inclusion and diversity are handled nowadays, in comics and other mediums, by incompetent so-called writers, adults who act like spoiled brats and attack anyone who dare disagree with their hypocritical political view. The problem isn’t diversity (that’s the whole core of the X-Men), it’s HOW it’s done for the past years.

This is exactly what’s happing now. A vocal minority of supposed progressives imposing their agendas on everyone else. It seems every character created as of late has to be diverse somehow. That's not even realistic. It really isn't diversity when almost no one can relate.

Mutants come from all over the world. How can they not be diverse? If you mean there's a lot of non-heterosexual characters, there's been a huge attitude shift between my generation (early Millennial) and the people born 1998/99 onwards in terms of sexual and gender identity (and labels in general). I've been teaching undergraduate students for the past 5 years and young people are much less likely to apply the identity labels I would have worn at the same age. The vast majority of them are accepting of how everyone else chooses to present themselves, and if or when people change. The two biggest Cons in the UK- Thought Bubble and MCMLondon (rip for now)- are stuffed every year with young people from that same demographic, getting excited to meet creators who write characters who are like them. It's not only business sense to reflect those young people in the comics that Marvel puts out; it reflects the shifting demographics of the writers who are emerging as the hot talents of the industry, even if not all of those writers are not under 25.

Anyway, the diverse range of sexual/gender labels used by The Youth of Today used to really confuse me, but since spending the last five years teaching The Youth of Today they're actually a much cooler and more accepting group of people than my own cohort were. It's like Cure fans not understanding why people like Nirvana, or people my age not getting Ariana Grande. And the X-men are still very relevant to them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:54:27 AM by bigbarda »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #333 on: April 24, 2020, 04:26:36 PM »
*sighs* This topic got old but since you quoted me.

How can they not be diverse? If you mean there's a lot of non-heterosexual characters

I specifically wrote: “…diverse cast of characters from different countries”. Different countries means different cultures, therefore diverse. No, I don’t only mean non-heterosexual characters, I mean different skin colors, religions, experiences and backgrounds.

there's been a huge attitude shift between my generation (early Millennial) and the people born 1998/99 onwards in terms of sexual and gender identity (and labels in general).

And I find this number of labels absurd, not only the number but also some of these labels (actually, label shouldn’t even be the right word). There’s a lot to this subject but I’m definitely not getting into that.

I've been teaching undergraduate students for the past 5 years and young people are much less likely to apply the identity labels I would have worn at the same age. The vast majority of them are accepting of how everyone else chooses to present themselves, and if or when people change. The two biggest Cons in the UK- Thought Bubble and MCMLondon (rip for now)- are stuffed every year with young people from that same demographic, getting excited to meet creators who write characters who are like them.
I also teach young people (have for years), and I do see more acceptance in this generation, which is a very positive trait. But again, that hasn't been the point of this discussion. I think you can be whatever you want but you don’t have to right to be offensive to whom have a divergent point of view and expect only respect in return. You don’t have the right to impose your choices on others.
I’ll repeat myself: the point of diversity is representing all kinds of people, when these new creators have all characters to reflect the same small groups of people, then that’s not diversity. Exactly because I have contact with young people on a daily basis I see that most new characters in comics and other mediums are not a reflection of reality.

It's not only business sense to reflect those young people in the comics that Marvel puts out; it reflects the shifting demographics of the writers who are emerging as the hot talents of the industry, even if not all of those writers are not under 25.

Most comic book readers are not in this age group. If they don’t relate to these new characters, they have the right to complain and not buy/read. When some of these “hot talents” say things like “if you don’t like my politics, don’t buy my books”, when they start petty fights on twitter and call the consumers bigots, racists, intolerant, etc. (which is the norm nowadays), they are the ones being intolerant. Show people your ideas and develop your characters in an organic way, show your stories are worth reading, don't yell at those who think differently.     

Anyway, the diverse range of sexual/gender labels used by The Youth of Today used to really confuse me, but since spending the last five years teaching The Youth of Today they're actually a much cooler and more accepting group of people than my own cohort were. It's like Cure fans not understanding why people like Nirvana, or people my age not getting Ariana Grande. And the X-men are still very relevant to them.

And that’s how it is, people consider the things of their generation to be better than the current one's. If some of the older readers want to  be faithful to the characters they grew up with and reject new characters they can’t relate to, that's up to them. If the “Snowflakes” of today will stand the test of time, we’ll have to wait to see, although I really doubt it will.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 04:40:30 PM by andresa »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #334 on: April 24, 2020, 04:29:55 PM »
Sorry, I somehow double posted while trying to fix the format.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 04:37:11 PM by andresa »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #335 on: April 24, 2020, 05:40:13 PM »
Yes u will need a VPN currently as the game hasn't released globally yet.  I loved that they went with MMX as alternative costume as it is a very recent book and we will get more costumes in the future.  My in game name is Saiyanbaba if u wanna add me as it friend.

Can't find you for some reason. Add me. Purplevit

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #336 on: April 24, 2020, 07:40:54 PM »
*sighs* This topic got old but ....
It did, didn't it. I had a whole comment written out, still do but decided to say 'eff it'. Now, I've completely shortened my comments because 'eff it'. LOL

I will add to the more acceptance of youth today, but that isn't because of comic books, imo. I think it has more to do with TV/Movie adaptations. When you are exposed to characterizations that span more than one view, it is easier to see it as norm and judge less.

What say we move on. :)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 09:27:04 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #337 on: April 24, 2020, 07:42:53 PM »

Are you folks able to screen cap what Gambit looks like or was that in an earlier post by Kenta.

I would like to see the art if possible. :)

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #338 on: April 25, 2020, 10:08:04 AM »
Are you folks able to screen cap what Gambit looks like or was that in an earlier post by Kenta.

I would like to see the art if possible. :)

There are two versions in the game one which is just a picture of the character in two alternative costumes and the other is an interactive model of the character.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 10:22:34 AM by Kenta »

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #339 on: April 25, 2020, 10:24:34 AM »
Art

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #340 on: April 25, 2020, 10:26:12 AM »
Primary costume

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #341 on: April 25, 2020, 10:27:22 AM »
Neko for some reason I am not able to attach all 4 images as the size shows to be to big. Could u please edit it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 10:38:24 AM by Kenta »

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #342 on: April 25, 2020, 10:37:53 AM »

It might be due to the region. As each region is divided into different parts so that might be reason I am also not able to find u. Saw some of your art of Twitter and you are amazing. Are you a professional artist?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #343 on: April 25, 2020, 04:09:21 PM »

It might be due to the region. As each region is divided into different parts so that might be reason I am also not able to find u. Saw some of your art of Twitter and you are amazing. Are you a professional artist?

Thanks for kind words. Glad that you liked it. No. My art are just fanart :)

Maybe because of regions. For some reason my internet don't alow me to play this game a lot. Sometimes I can connect to match and sometimes not. Kinda fun game. I hope I will be able to. Open Gambit.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #344 on: April 25, 2020, 04:11:13 PM »
Neko for some reason I am not able to attach all 4 images as the size shows to be to big. Could u please edit it.

Like MMX as alternative but classic will always be cool.