Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 95805 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #540 on: August 29, 2020, 03:24:08 PM »
Everyone just check this awesome stuff!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NegUHlzn_qs&feature=youtu.be

https://youtu.be/NegUHlzn_qs

Only now just seeing this.  Pretty good.  Also a bit saif that this is one of the best Gambit depictions in any media in a long time.

2.9m views thus far.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #541 on: August 30, 2020, 12:12:54 AM »
Yeah it's gonna hit 3 million in a couple of days.

There are a ton of reviews now on  youtube for the mezco one:12 Gambit figure. It looks amazing and everyone is loving it. I'm gonna have to get it. It's still a pre-order.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #542 on: August 30, 2020, 09:01:59 AM »
If I could find a tweet, Rosenberg responded to one of my tweets along the lines:

"If not liking Gambit disqualifies me (he tweeted something about Gambit and I said I withdraw all my praise for his uncanny X-Men run), then I can give you a long list of other writers that feel the same"

I don't remember what I said, but it was a joke. I think I struck a nerve and he responded with that. Pretty honest... Not sure if it was 100% professional or even wise to denigrate his company's product... But he said it. I'll try to track it down.

Found em.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #543 on: August 30, 2020, 09:10:40 AM »

Only now just seeing this.  Pretty good.  Also a bit saif that this is one of the best Gambit depictions in any media in a long time.

2.9m views thus far.

I don't think we'll be starved for Gambit centric media for long. On this day and age I think Marvel will be pressed to focus on stories and characters that fans like, not the ones the creators want to make us like. I don't know hoe long the comics will be around, but I think characters like Gambit who have mass appeal will be eventually be getting more attention over "Werewolves", Landsharks, Gabby, Kitty Pryde, know-it-all teenagers. Just my take.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #544 on: August 30, 2020, 01:34:58 PM »

Found em.

Asked Rosenberg about that crap. He told it was a joke.

Of course it wasn't but someone probably told him not to continue to speak that way. Gambit haters wont start buying Rosenberg books because he hates Gambit but it will stop Gambit fan like me to buy any books with Rosenberg as writer.

Sad that he didn't give a list of all Gambit haters together.
Such list would help me spend less money on some books

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #545 on: August 30, 2020, 02:07:08 PM »

I don't think we'll be starved for Gambit centric media for long. On this day and age I think Marvel will be pressed to focus on stories and characters that fans like, not the ones the creators want to make us like. I don't know hoe long the comics will be around, but I think characters like Gambit who have mass appeal will be eventually be getting more attention over "Werewolves", Landsharks, Gabby, Kitty Pryde, know-it-all teenagers. Just my take.

We live in HiX-Men era of X comics where Cypher will end up as one of the main characters and will be important.
Almost noone cares about Cypher.

Hickman don't care about Gambit at best and hates him at worst. He won't be in a main stories or  a central figure in books while Hickman is main there.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 03:08:50 PM by purplevit »

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #546 on: August 30, 2020, 07:42:57 PM »

The Gambit-hating writers of the last 20 years keep trashing on about Gambit on social media, yet they themselves have created some of the crappiest characters ever seen on print, and they're pretty much forgotten within 6 months.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #547 on: August 30, 2020, 09:52:03 PM »
The writer’s attitudes about characters always puzzled me. Because their basically bad mouthing their companies ‘products‘. Sure everyone has their favorites, but the Burger King manager doesn’t go out on twitter to say he hates the bacon cheeseburger, because it sucks, and has a stupid accent.  ???
[size=78%]
Whoa, I was shocked when it hit a million, dang nearly three!

2.9m views thus far.
[/size]

Whoa, I was shocked when it got to one million, now it’s on three, dang.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:01:54 AM by anya »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #548 on: August 31, 2020, 10:52:43 AM »

We live in HiX-Men era of X comics where Cypher will end up as one of the main characters and will be important.
Almost noone cares about Cypher.

Hickman don't care about Gambit at best and hates him at worst. He won't be in a main stories or  a central figure in books while Hickman is main there.

When the X-Men debuts in the MCU, the comics will be forced into changing. Despite a bunch of overrated writes who hate him, Gambit is sill a very popular characters. There are lots of people that don't read comics but remember and like Gambit because of the cartoon, and will love to see him in the MCU. I do believe if (when, I hope) Gambit gets his own Disney+ show and starts showing up in movies, things will start to change in the comics, especially because it's still years ahead before it happens.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #549 on: August 31, 2020, 03:05:38 PM »

When the X-Men debuts in the MCU, the comics will be forced into changing. Despite a bunch of overrated writes who hate him, Gambit is sill a very popular characters. There are lots of people that don't read comics but remember and like Gambit because of the cartoon, and will love to see him in the MCU. I do believe if (when, I hope) Gambit gets his own Disney+ show and starts showing up in movies, things will start to change in the comics, especially because it's still years ahead before it happens.

Yes. But X-Men won't be in MCU till 2023 or 2024 as earliest. Some cameos may be earlier.

Hickman will probably stay till 2023. It is a long ride and waiting.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #550 on: September 02, 2020, 08:26:53 AM »

I'm glad someone got my drift. I wasn't talking about comics right now. Later, but not before the MCU. Disney wants that money and I don't think people are going to be taking chances on Doop and Quire.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #551 on: September 02, 2020, 12:42:35 PM »
Doop would be a total waste of CGI money, its like slimer from Ghostbusters. I don't like Doop. LOL

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #552 on: September 02, 2020, 01:04:52 PM »
And then we have James Gunn who hates Gambit but would love to make X-Men movie with Doop, Fantomex, Storm and Wolverine.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #553 on: September 02, 2020, 02:26:45 PM »
And then we have James Gunn who hates Gambit but would love to make X-Men movie with Doop, Fantomex, Storm and Wolverine.

I don't get everyone's love of James Gunn. Fantomex sucks (like, he is the most trash character I can think of), and Drop is one of those things that came out of early, awful 2000's comics that made me leave the hobby.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #554 on: September 02, 2020, 03:54:49 PM »
Never liked his movies either.