Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 7031 times)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Mentor
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #255 on: Today at 02:36:39 PM »
It is apples to apples because it's a stupid idea for any established marvel superhero. It's used disparagingly for a chuckle for Gambit. But if used to joke about Rogue would set them off. Hypocrites and just a lame comment in general.

I have very little hope for Gambit going forward unfortunately. I'm even losing hope for him in the MCU.

Offline NicoPony

• Throwing fangirl tantrums since July 25, 2012.
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Gumbo, Do Do, and Go Go
« Reply #256 on: Today at 02:55:47 PM »
It is apples to apples because it's a stupid idea for any established marvel superhero. It's used disparagingly for a chuckle for Gambit. But if used to joke about Rogue would set them off. Hypocrites and just a lame comment in general.

I have very little hope for Gambit going forward unfortunately. I'm even losing hope for him in the MCU.

I agree with you about the hypocrisy and wonder about the productivity of this particular meeting in the X-Office. I won't talk further about the part I disagree with.  ;D   And it wasn't Tini who made the comment, it was whoever the interviewee was (I forget and am too lazy to look him up).

Speaking of outrageous things done to male characters, we can at least be glad Gambit is not Jamie Braddock. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Congrats to the Braddock family, I guess.

Overall, I like the new concepts in the X-Books. That's what makes it so disappointing Gambit doesn't get to participate. Can't even get a Pint-Sized X-Men.

admin edit: darn site and its formatting issues.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:31:29 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #257 on: Today at 03:38:23 PM »
My bad on getting who said what wrong. I should look it up too but in the grand scheme of things, bleh.

My general thought is ... somebody else should handle Gambit. Not a person who doesn't get him.
As for writers ... writing for themselves.  Isn't that fanfic? I think it is because they certainly don't support continuity.

Offline NicoPony

• Throwing fangirl tantrums since July 25, 2012.
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Gumbo, Do Do, and Go Go
« Reply #258 on: Today at 03:53:12 PM »
My bad on getting who said what wrong. I should look it up too but in the grand scheme of things, bleh.

My general thought is ... somebody else should handle Gambit. Not a person who doesn't get him.
As for writers ... writing for themselves.  Isn't that fanfic? I think it is because they certainly don't support continuity.

Some of it is the kind of AO3-tagged fanfic you're gonna want to filter OUT of your search terms.  ;D

No one's gonna jump on you re: wokeness. Not here anyway. C'mon. There's like five Gambit fans left. And right now, we all need emotional support. So, group hug everyone.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #259 on: Today at 03:53:25 PM »

Watch these mofos trip over themselves to personally butcher his character at the mention of a live-action project. Thing is, if it's still a possibility - then they'd know before us. Tini wanting to hold onto him might be a self-preservation tactic. Look at her line-up: Braddock (not Psylocke), Rictor, Meagan, Jubilee. I'd argue the name "Psylocke" is a selling point - not Betsy Braddock. The look that people recognize is with Hellions (but I can easily say that "Kwannon" isn't popular either, but way less known than "Betsy"). Marvel split one character into two. Gambit is legit her biggest name and he's an unutilized background character.

I can't believe we were just a no/yes away from him getting free of her... But hey, he might have ended up in X-Men as an off-panel househusband. So, perhaps we were spared of that.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:58:48 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony