Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61784 times)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2021, 01:23:20 PM »
Problabily wont go further, but I reached Donny Crates about making a Gambit book. I still have things to do after Birthright but wanted him to know we could do it

Really hope he gets his chance, I remember Cullen Bunn wanted to write a Gambit book too which was a huge missed opportunity for us. I think he would've been great.

Offline Varia

• Journeyman
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2021, 11:27:10 PM »
OK, changing topic. Can we talk about Gambit's Gala outfit? For someone who likes pink, comes from NOLA, this looks more like his PJs (if we didn't know he slept in the buff).

I'm going to pretend that the shirtlessness is the designer knowing Gambit eschews shirt-wearing and not just because he was lazy and didn't feel like finishing his drawing.

In fairness, his costume seems to have a bit more creative flair than Angel's.

Emma looks like she found a lost colony of yetis, skinned their leader, and declared herself their queen in one of her looks...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:30:05 PM by Varia »

NicoPony

« Reply #167 on: May 05, 2021, 08:01:26 AM »

In fairness, his costume seems to have a bit more creative flair than Angel's.

Emma looks like she found a lost colony of yetis, skinned their leader, and declared herself their queen in one of her looks...

I agree about Angel. Snooze. Emma did go big, got to give her cred for that.

I’m surprised at Daken’s look, it’s about the most boring of anyone. A suit with no shoes. At least put him in a pair of pumps. Why is he, of anyone, wearing a shirt?

Gambit is channeling his inner Vampire Lestat, I’m convinced of it.

NicoPony

« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2021, 02:56:48 PM »

It’s “The Trial” of Magneto. Didn’t we do this back in the 70s? Another opportunity for him to appear the suffering heroic and superior; they know not what they do.

Again. It was just a rumor Rictor was getting a solo using the title. And then this image came out. You can see it under "Classified"

"THE DR" are clear at the top.

Not a definite, but it's something to look at.

Offline Varia

• Journeyman
« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2021, 07:46:15 PM »
Gambit is channeling his inner Vampire Lestat, I’m convinced of it.

Oh, he's exuding vampire vibes for sure!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2021, 09:41:57 AM »
So Marvel's pool of writers that may want to write a Gambit book;

Bunn
Asmus
Niceiza
Cates

That ain't bad.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2021, 12:11:25 PM »
So I was thinking about that rumour re: the Gambit Disney+ series. And I remembered they said it was like a western and compared it to Maverick. I hope we get to see Gambit being the master thief he is and they don't just paint him as a petty, two-bit con man. As he said: he is at least a 10-bit thief.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2021, 07:21:33 PM »
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 07:23:11 PM by wantutosigh »

NicoPony

« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2021, 06:36:45 PM »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2021, 02:27:23 AM »

NicoPony

« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2021, 09:54:07 AM »
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-x-men-the-animated-series-favorite-character/

How do you vote on this? Do you have to have twitter?

I believe so. It doesn't seem to be on their Bookface.

I listened to a podcast recently re: Disney+ and Gambit in the MCU. The "sources" say that Rogue would be intro'd in Captain Marvel 2 and G-man would have a Disney+ show. And when the two met, Gambit would be the "good guy" (kinda) and Rogue would be the bad girl.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2021, 01:43:39 PM »
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-x-men-the-animated-series-favorite-character/

How do you vote on this? Do you have to have twitter?
Yes, you have to have twitter to vote or comment. They want to read opinions from fans. I didn't see this until you posted. I'll check for the direct twitter link. I'll edit this post when I find it.

https://twitter.com/Marvel

I tweeted a gif of Gambit from the intro. The quote below is my tweet.

May 15th tweet
Gambit because he is the sexiest Xmen EVER. Everyone is 'thirsty' for him.
Yeah, yeah, should have said Xman - but I had already deleted a tweet because I forgot to add a comment. I'm done with it.  :crazy2:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 11:04:52 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2021, 09:24:40 AM »
Just want you all to know, I love all of y'all here. Talking here about anything is so much saner than anywhere else. I wish we were together more often.

I know it's hard with the lack of content. I'm about ready to join  our fearless leader in comic eXile with X-Men being so rudderless. I had high expectations coming out of HoX and PoX and even a few months in and then it turned downward gradually. I'd say Excalibur crashed and burned right out of the gate. First issue was horrible and very hard to read - never recovered for me.

I don't understand why Gambit got stuck there outside of his marriage - but if you have space for this nonsense, why not entertain the idea of a name writer that wants to write him not falling into a hole..?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2021, 10:37:04 AM »
https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/status/1393226939830358016?s=20

Valerio Schiti’s four fave X-Men include Gambit, and he drew a bunch of Gambits. Nice to see someone in the marvel club likes Remy.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2021, 02:52:06 PM »

I believe so. It doesn't seem to be on their Bookface.

I listened to a podcast recently re: Disney+ and Gambit in the MCU. The "sources" say that Rogue would be intro'd in Captain Marvel 2 and G-man would have a Disney+ show. And when the two met, Gambit would be the "good guy" (kinda) and Rogue would be the bad girl.
I watched a video that said the same thing a while ago. I would love for Rogue to appear in CM2. But the whole good boy bad girl thing seems like it should be the other way around. Or like maybe they should both be bad guys who meet and flirt as bad guys before both eventually find their way to the X-Men individually. But whatever. We shall see.