Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61894 times)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2021, 01:17:42 PM »
I'd go all in and give Gambit his own film right away. Disney knows he's popular enough and he has the narrative scope for 3 solo films. The lack of appearances throughout the Fox era gives him the advantage of bringing something new to the table. Don't make the same mistake that Fox did when they decided to introduce Gambit in a film based in the 70s revolving around Wolverine...where he ended up stuck in that timeline. Think bigger.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2021, 03:24:54 PM »
FYI - Pop Marvel Zombie Gambit Vinyl Figure in shops on Wednesday April 21st.
Pop! Marvel: Marvel Zombies (Series 2) - Gambit

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2021, 11:06:04 PM »
Funny, we've waited years for Gambit to finally get a pop. Now in the last 12 months he's had about 5 or 6. I think he's getting a black light pop as well.
He's popular and prominent enough in the merchandise world. Hopefully the MCU and maybe even a new animated series will help things.
I've given up on the comics, it's just never gonna happen...and no one one buys comics anymore, so he's better off getting a push in other media.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2021, 06:32:04 AM »
Funny, we've waited years for Gambit to finally get a pop. Now in the last 12 months he's had about 5 or 6. I think he's getting a black light pop as well.
He's popular and prominent enough in the merchandise world. Hopefully the MCU and maybe even a new animated series will help things.
I've given up on the comics, it's just never gonna happen...and no one one buys comics anymore, so he's better off getting a push in other media.
Agreed. The writers they have are terrible. I don't like the direction or the lack of care for history.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 08:28:52 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2021, 06:58:51 AM »
I've been saying this for a while. But I think the uptick in Gambit merchandise and talk about Gambit outside the comic books suggests that the MCU has plans for the character.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2021, 07:14:11 AM »
Funko told that Gambit and Rogue Pops were the most requested ever.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2021, 11:31:43 AM »
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1383057643149885443?s=19

New X-Men team announced. Rogue is on it, which leaves Gambit alone with Tini Howard. Personally... I'm terrified. I don't like the idea of him alone with her because without Rogue, she may give him more stuff to do instead of safely being tucked away in the background.

No good can come of this... Perhaps because Tini is doing X-Corp and Rictor is getting a solo book, for some reason - Gambit will get stuck in limbo! Which is preferable to what we've been offered as of late.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2021, 12:08:33 PM »

New X-Men team announced. Rogue is on it, which leaves Gambit alone with Tini Howard. Personally... I'm terrified. I don't like the idea of him alone with her because without Rogue, she may give him more stuff to do instead of safely being tucked away in the background.

No good can come of this... Perhaps because Tini is doing X-Corp and Rictor is getting a solo book, for some reason - Gambit will get stuck in limbo! Which is preferable to what we've been offered as of late.

I saw this coming a while back, Gambit in limbo is inevitable...and it's happened far too many times in the last 15 years to be honest. Always scrambling for a spot in a satellite X-Book. I don't see the point in him being in Excalibur, we probably have to rely on Duggan for table scraps...and he's trolled Gambit in the past, so...

I'm really hoping the MCU and Disney+ can do something about him, because in the comic world I really think he's finished.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2021, 12:30:29 PM »

I saw this coming a while back, Gambit in limbo is inevitable...and it's happened far too many times in the last 15 years to be honest. Always scrambling for a spot in a satellite X-Book. I don't see the point in him being in Excalibur, we probably have to rely on Duggan for table scraps...and he's trolled Gambit in the past, so...

I'm really hoping the MCU and Disney+ can do something about him, because in the comic world I really think he's finished.

How things work, if Disney/MCU moves on him, then the books will push him and you'll have a dozen creators all of a sudden wanting to write him.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2021, 12:38:32 PM »
Well that's what we have to hope for...

Btw, I hear this X-Men line-up is only going for a year? What is it like a rotating cast? If that's the case it's not really long term then...

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2021, 12:54:52 PM »
Nothing seems to be long term planned. The OG X-Men were here to stay, until they were sent back. Uncanny X-Men Disassembled was supposed to be a X-Men restart/reboot, until HoX/PoX was.. Laura was meant to be the only Wolverine - until she wasn't. X of Swords of was supposed to be VERY different. Polaris was redesigned and made part of X-Factor, until she was made part of the X-Men. Who knows anymore?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 01:01:27 PM by DonPriceTag »

NicoPony

« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2021, 02:05:27 PM »
Rictor is getting a solo? SMH. Rictor??

This s*** is bananas.

How many books do we need with Cyclops and Marvel Girl!? Omg, hard pass.

It’s possible for Rogue to be on both teams, same for Polaris. If we have to have the Summers clan in every iteration of every book, why can’t they double up on Rogue?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2021, 02:52:35 PM »
Cool for Rogue.
I prefer Limbo over bad Tini's writing.

Where is info from about Rictor solo?

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2021, 08:39:18 PM »
Rictor getting a solo? Why though? SMDH I really did stop reading at a good time.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:16:41 AM by hairlesscat »

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2021, 03:28:06 AM »
Why don't they give Nicieza a 12-issue Gambit series? Or even 4 issues...
I mean, they gave him Juggernaut which no one asked for.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 03:29:59 AM by Sparta »