Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61826 times)

NicoPony

Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2021, 03:23:06 PM »
I watched a video that said the same thing a while ago. I would love for Rogue to appear in CM2. But the whole good boy bad girl thing seems like it should be the other way around. Or like maybe they should both be bad guys who meet and flirt as bad guys before both eventually find their way to the X-Men individually. But whatever. We shall see.

I took it to mean comparatively “good.” Like still a thief so not that good, but not so bad as he’d attack and drain the life force of an Avenger. Wooing her away from Mystique would be exciting. Having Rogue take Cap Marvel down to a reasonable power level would benefit both characters.

Just want you all to know, I love all of y'all here. Talking here about anything is so much saner than anywhere else. I wish we were together more often.

C’mon Artax, fight the Swamp of Sadness! Don’t give up hope!

NicoPony

« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2021, 11:03:38 AM »
https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/17/x-men-monday-106-gerry-duggan-interview/#jp-carousel-360197

G&R teaser art from the Gala. Aw, they look so happy together.

Re: Jubilee/Shogo. Somebody build this island a freakin' child care center. They want to be "inclusive" and "diverse," but just like the US, they don't support working moms and don't pony up affordable daycare options or universal pre-K. DO BETTER KRAKOA. Name idea: The Kinder Garden. Montessori-like setting that encourages children to learn from the natural world. Breaking ground in 2021!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2021, 05:01:25 PM »
Yeah... nothing like the Capitol parties in The Hunger Games.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2021, 06:33:04 PM »
This may be unlikely but doesn't it seem Rogue and Gambit are surrounded by their friends applauding them? And Gambit is embracing Rogue. Could there actually be a baby
 announcement after all? It was teased in the first issue.

NicoPony

« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2021, 07:05:35 PM »
This may be unlikely but doesn't it seem Rogue and Gambit are surrounded by their friends applauding them? And Gambit is embracing Rogue. Could there actually be a baby
 announcement after all? It was teased in the first issue.

Think they’re clapping bc Rogue got made an X-Man.

Lol, someone said the same thing about Meggan bc of how it looked like her hand was on her belly. Everyone has baby rabies.

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2021, 10:03:33 PM »
I haven't been paying close attention to the story. How are X-Men squads selected on their island?

NicoPony

« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2021, 08:06:13 AM »
I haven't been paying close attention to the story. How are X-Men squads selected on their island?

Rose ceremony? LOL. I dunno, they haven't done it yet. Popularity vote I guess. Think this is Krakoa's version of Prom King and Queen.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2021, 03:07:38 PM »

Just want you all to know, I love all of y'all here. Talking here about anything is so much saner than anywhere else. I wish we were together more often.

Agreed. Fan sites are disappearing and have been for years, with the big sites allowing so much negativity until extreme measures – its tough to find fan sites. At least we try, even if in small spurts.

I know it's hard with the lack of content. I'm about ready to join  our fearless leader in comic eXile with X-Men being so rudderless. I had high expectations coming out of HoX and PoX and even a few months in and then it turned downward gradually. I'd say Excalibur crashed and burned right out of the gate. First issue was horrible and very hard to read - never recovered for me.

Lack of content is an issue. We might have to comb fanfic and fan art for things to talk about.

LOL - the company would be welcome. It's difficult at first for comic eXile but I'm glad that I'm not letting the hobby hold me hostage to purchase books that are awful. When Gambit can't get me to buy a book, you know that book is bad and I've spent enough money on horribly written comics.

I don't understand why Gambit got stuck there outside of his marriage - but if you have space for this nonsense, why not entertain the idea of a name writer that wants to write him not falling into a hole..?

Agreed. There is no reason for Gambit to be in Excaliber, and he's stuck due to the marriage. Marriage is fine but with Rogue and her selfish representation its hard to hold the institution as a positive. And that is on the writer. IMO.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2021, 11:20:33 AM »

Think they’re clapping bc Rogue got made an X-Man.

Lol, someone said the same thing about Meggan bc of how it looked like her hand was on her belly. Everyone has baby rabies.
To be fair, one of the writers said something baby news, but it will probably end up being someone completely random like the last baby hints were. Or it will be Jean with the 17th summer’s kid. Megan is decent guess though, because she’ll go back to limbo after Excalibur ends. It’s possible Howard was planning a baby story, but no way in hell Dugan let’s her write that now.

NicoPony

« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2021, 11:26:07 AM »
Or it will be Jean with the 17th summer’s kid.

LOLOLOLZ

Excalibur is missing from the August solicits. So you're probably right, Excalibur is done for.

Meanwhile, there was a Gambit/Frenzy sighting. The two of them are walking into the Gala together on the Green Carpet in New Mutants previews. Please let Frenzy take Gambit to a galaxy far far away from Excalibur.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2021, 01:57:42 PM »
It appears Rogue will be on a new team. Jean, Cyke, Wolverine (female), and a few others.

I won't be buying it and it appears Gambit is either in limbo or something.

Gerry Duggan tweeted the cover art for issue #2. (X-men).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 02:57:52 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2021, 03:43:34 PM »
It appears Rogue will be on a new team. Jean, Cyke, Wolverine (female), and a few others.

I won't be buying it and it appears Gambit is either in limbo or something.

Gerry Duggan tweeted the cover art for issue #2. (X-men).

Yeah, the full team is 7 people - Jean, Cyke, X-23, Synch, Sunfire, Rogue, and Polaris. Not the biggest of names - but as name-heavy as Marvel typically allows their X-men books to be ... because I guess they like testing how far a book can go before they reboot it.

Surprised you didn't hear about it before now, boss-lady
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2021, 04:10:26 PM »

LOLOLOLZ

Excalibur is missing from the August solicits. So you're probably right, Excalibur is done for.

Meanwhile, there was a Gambit/Frenzy sighting. The two of them are walking into the Gala together on the Green Carpet in New Mutants previews. Please let Frenzy take Gambit to a galaxy far far away from Excalibur.

I hope not. I like SWORD but Gambit may be as out of place there as he was in Otherworld. Don't get me wrong... I like the idea of him in space - but as an adventurer or maybe a pseudo-space pirate scoundrel-type. I wonder if he's one of those empty spots on the info-pages in SWORD? Staff positions that haven't been filled.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2021, 06:40:13 PM »
Unfortunatelly Excalibur is not dead yet and just skipped August.