Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 63497 times)

NicoPony

Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2021, 06:46:35 PM »

I hope not. I like SWORD but Gambit may be as out of place there as he was in Otherworld. Don't get me wrong... I like the idea of him in space - but as an adventurer or maybe a pseudo-space pirate scoundrel-type. I wonder if he's one of those empty spots on the info-pages in SWORD? Staff positions that haven't been filled.

well, no need to worry...apparently excalibur continues on, dragging our cajun behind it like that time my cat stole my whole pot roast from the pot, threw it off the counter, dragged it across the kitchen floor, and down the basement steps where she attempted to leave it in her bowl, to save it for later.

august is a skip month for excalibur, along with sword and new mutants. just to prolong it's demise i suppose. uuuugggghhhh. i also hate the idea of a mashup of new mutants and excalibur, as they both seem to be doing magic-s*** now.

the only magic gambit needs to be involved with is Magic Mike style dancing, preferably with lorna as an audience member.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2021, 08:31:33 PM »
In my defense - comic book  eXile is something. I briefly scan stuff and don't read other stuff. I don't visit CBR, Newsarama or anything (those sites are toxic anyway). Let's be real, twitter is junk but its the only place I get info. Not a good source but is what it is ... I suspect I'll be behind the line always from now on. *shrug*

Yeah, the full team is 7 people - Jean, Cyke, X-23, Synch, Sunfire, Rogue, and Polaris. Not the biggest of names - but as name-heavy as Marvel typically allows their X-men books to be ... because I guess they like testing how far a book can go before they reboot it.

Surprised you didn't hear about it before now, boss-lady

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2021, 09:28:06 PM »
Unfortunatelly Excalibur is not dead yet and just skipped August.

...I'll take SWORD. Please? Please?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2021, 11:01:15 AM »
I am sure most X books will end soon or get replaced with reboots. If Gambit will ever get rescued from Excalibur then he would be in limbo or join a new team.

I doubt that current Marvel editors would give Gambit a solo book because since HOX POX he was only a wallpaper in Excalibur and has 0 panels with dialogues in any other book.

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2021, 03:48:49 PM »
Weren't the X-Men on Utopia more than ten years ago? What the appeal of X-Men and isolation?

NicoPony

« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2021, 07:45:04 PM »
Weren't the X-Men on Utopia more than ten years ago? What the appeal of X-Men and isolation?

I hated Utopia era. I’d compare Krakoa to the time when we were left with 198 mutants... they were all gathered together and were given something of absolution (except boringly trapped at a school instead of a magical island). A lot of characters get a re-set, more freedom for writers to do what they want. It feels a little like an doomed AU, but instead of AoA, it’s like an illusion of paradise instead of global apocalypse. I don’t hate the concept. I’m a huge fan of Hellions bc while it’s the horror genre of comics its consistently funny. If it weren’t for the weird humor I’d never buy in, I hate gore.

Unfortunately, Gambit doesn’t really get a chance at new exploration, he’s in a box. The major players who get all the attention and hold all the power are Magneto and Xavier. I do not understand why so many writers have such a hard-on for Magneto.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2021, 10:46:46 AM »

Unfortunately, Gambit doesn’t really get a chance at new exploration, he’s in a box. The major players who get all the attention and hold all the power are Magneto and Xavier. I do not understand why so many writers have such a hard-on for Magneto.

It's the cape.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2021, 06:36:49 PM »

It's the cape.

We know it’s not the shoes.

With Gambit, it’s gotta be the shoes.

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #203 on: May 26, 2021, 09:31:09 AM »
The people at Marvel are like the people of Hollywood, they love pervs / pedos and terrorist (although in their eyes he would be a "freedom fight"), since he got smacked around by Nazis (everyone is a Nazis these days) and he pretty much fits both of those categories for them.
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

NicoPony

« Reply #204 on: May 26, 2021, 10:06:42 AM »
Well, post-Gala, Mags will be on trial for murder. I hope Gambit is on the jury. Bring out the guillotine.

I'm sure Mags will have "noble" reasons for his actions. Besides, what's one more kill to his overall body count? It's only a crime to kill humans. He's done in plenty of those.

In other news, that isn't Gambit-related because there's no Gambit books:

Moira has Destiny's Diaries.

Except...didn't Gambit have something to do with that particular plot? Was he lying about their destruction?

The new as yet unrevealed book is "Inferno."  I loved the OG Inferno storyline because Goblin Queen is 100% that b***h. Alex Summers in a gimp suit. Sinister being despicably evil. Demonic possession and child sacrifice. All these things, and more. But if we revisit this theme with a Krakoa spin, do we HAVE to have yet more Summers family drama? Please please please be something different.

So Karma dies in New Mutants and I guess has the option to come back with her leg or not. So back to something I was thinking about earlier, if you can resurrect yourself and have a choice, WHY would Cyclops choose to be brain damaged? And if Gambit got Egged, he could totally come back un-lobotomized.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #205 on: May 26, 2021, 10:38:25 AM »
He couldn’t  be lying, we saw him blow up the books on panel. Whether or not Hickman bother with an explanation, we’ll see...

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2021, 11:01:02 AM »
Remy got back missed part of brain by Sinister. Probably got completely un-lobotomized by Faiza in Gambit #17 but it never was used later or explained. Because no writer cared.

NicoPony

« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2021, 01:18:08 PM »
He couldn’t  be lying, we saw him blow up the books on panel. Whether or not Hickman bother with an explanation, we’ll see...

Rats, I think it happens in X-Men #202 Endangered Species and just happens that is not a book I own. 201, check. 203. Yup. No 202. Anyway...maybe it was a sleight of hand?  ;D  If it was drawn by Ramos or Bachalo it's anyone's guess what is going on at any particular time because the art is just so nonsensical and horrendous.

Remy got back missed part of brain by Sinister. Probably got completely un-lobotomized by Faiza in Gambit #17 but it never was used later or explained. Because no writer cared.

Asmus was hobbled, not allowed to have Gambit do anything, interact with anyone, or become too interesting lest it have any impact at all in the rest of the universe. It was left vague just what G was capable of.

Is it too much to hope that Gambit would be involved in Inferno? Wishful thinking, considering the author. But if it involves Mystique, the Diaries, Destiny and Sinister...

Sinister is cooking up babies over in Hellions. He and Destiny had worked together on Black Womb. The Inferno arc, at least the 80s version, had to do with babies. The upcoming one has a baby in the teaser art. C'mon, man. Mystique and Gambit team-up round two! What could possibly go wrong?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #208 on: May 27, 2021, 07:05:43 AM »
Problabily wont go further, but I reached Donny Crates about making a Gambit book. I still have things to do after Birthright but wanted him to know we could do it

Good luck! You are very talented.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #209 on: May 27, 2021, 07:07:17 AM »

Rats, I think it happens in X-Men #202 Endangered Species and just happens that is not a book I own. 201, check. 203. Yup. No 202. Anyway...maybe it was a sleight of hand?  ;D  If it was drawn by Ramos or Bachalo it's anyone's guess what is going on at any particular time because the art is just so nonsensical and horrendous.

Asmus was hobbled, not allowed to have Gambit do anything, interact with anyone, or become too interesting lest it have any impact at all in the rest of the universe. It was left vague just what G was capable of.

Is it too much to hope that Gambit would be involved in Inferno? Wishful thinking, considering the author. But if it involves Mystique, the Diaries, Destiny and Sinister...

Sinister is cooking up babies over in Hellions. He and Destiny had worked together on Black Womb. The Inferno arc, at least the 80s version, had to do with babies. The upcoming one has a baby in the teaser art. C'mon, man. Mystique and Gambit team-up round two! What could possibly go wrong?

Don`t want to be a negative one but I don`t expect anything good for Gambit at all. Hickman marked characters that he wants to use. Remy is not one of them.