Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61813 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #300 on: July 09, 2021, 06:53:00 PM »
YOU GUYS!!! GAMBIT IS ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING!!

https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-peek-exclusive-preview-of-marvels-excalibur-22

Catching a bullet? Blowing it up? Stealing something from Otherworld??

Not sure what happend if he cathed it or blown up but it was cool.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #301 on: July 09, 2021, 06:53:54 PM »
Claremont instagram:
Grabbing a tad of reward time after finishing Ga***t 3. Plus lots of other crazy stuff. Nothing like playing catch-up on deadlines.

admin edit, site formatting, crazy site. Content intact.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 07:05:06 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #302 on: July 09, 2021, 07:02:55 PM »
Claremont instagran:
Grabbing a tad of reward time after finishing Ga***t 3. Plus lots of other crazy stuff. Nothing like playing catch-up on deadlines.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRAPYYdMjNH/

What's he doing?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #303 on: July 09, 2021, 07:41:00 PM »
If its Gambit and it could possibly be him, at least CC knows him and can write him. LOL

Edit: I'm going to follow him to keep up with could be a good thing, or so I hope.
I don't visit Instagram often even though I have an account and follow some folks.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 07:42:41 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #304 on: July 09, 2021, 09:49:06 PM »
Does he not say "after finishing Gambit 3"? What does that mean? Am I not understanding something?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #305 on: July 09, 2021, 09:53:13 PM »
We are alluded to Gambit 3. He purposely used asterisks for the name for reasons. Probably to keep the project quiet. And we are assuming its Gambit. Without full info for which I looked, the truth is ... we don't know until Marvel announces.

That is why I said 'if'.

NicoPony

« Reply #306 on: July 10, 2021, 09:16:13 AM »
Issue three? Episode three? Script three? Who knows. Regardless, CC probably deserves some downtime after writing, god knows his dialogue would go on for several pages.

I kid.

Kinda.

I honestly don’t know how I feel about him writing Gambit again, if in fact he is. Does CC’s writing style feel a little, I dunno, outdated? Remy is a lot more lighthearted and charming under his pen, which I like. And if it was a solo act, he might not get overshadowed by Claremazons.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #307 on: July 12, 2021, 09:58:33 PM »
https://screenrant.com/xmen-gambit-power-super-speedster/

This is stuff we know Gambit should be shown doing more of.

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #308 on: July 13, 2021, 03:55:40 PM »
Well, when you don't do any research of any kind like the people at CBR and Bleedingcool, other than what you read on wiki, this will be shocking news.
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #309 on: July 13, 2021, 11:19:37 PM »
Uhhh....
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #310 on: July 14, 2021, 10:32:06 AM »

haven't downloaded it yet, but i heard today's excalibur wasn't terrible.

Edit: oof. nvm. well, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and if they think this issue redeems the book, i’m glad they’re happy. admittedly haven’t read most of the series, so if this one is “good” i don’t want to read the “bad.” the dialogue is so bad as to be nonsensical. it’s cringe. i read xm #1 too, and the dialogue is bad there, too, but the plot is still good. i can’t say the same for excalibur, nothing makes any sense. it could be I just don’t like high-fantasy, with the boring politics/factions arguing with people with unpronounceable names questing to un-spellable places. then inexplicable spells accomplishing conveniently random things. this issue has all of these things. Pete Wisdom is the only remotely interesting person. <—now there’s a sentence I never thought I’d write.

ooo, i love those panels. the two hottest x-men duking it out.

gambit's super fast. 'nother example from xmen 34:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 04:06:26 PM by NicoPony »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2021, 03:49:40 AM »
More speed :gambit:

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2021, 04:00:28 AM »
So Excalibur 22. I didn`t like it as issue.

But I liked Gambit moments and he was useful.
The problem is that most stuff wasn`t explained how he did it or what exactly he did with it.

So at the beginning he catches and destroys a bullet with explosion. Finally his fast moves is shown again. For me it is a very cool moment.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2021, 04:06:15 AM »
Also he charged a train. People can say that it is not how his powers work.
A problem that it wasn`t explained how it worked but if he charged some engine with his energy the same way as he was powering Iron-Man uniform with his energy.

At this point over the years of different writers we can easily say that in different situations Remy can release energy of objects or also to charge it with his own.
My head canon that when he charges with his own energy (like Fanto`s gun in Civil War II or his t-shirt to blow a dragons head in Gambit #4) then he is immune to explosion but when he releases energy of object hen it may hurt him.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2021, 04:10:27 AM »
And last moment I really loved. Tarot cards that Remy stole in Excalibur 11 is finally used 11 boring issues later.

He charges magic card with his energy and it can create magic from a card. Different cards for different tricks. Sad it didn`t happened in X of Swords half of year ago. I think that magic card stuff has a lot of potential and may create some new cool stories with a good writer and give Remy cool and fun power upgrade and open doors for new and creative stories.