Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61897 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #315 on: July 15, 2021, 07:30:11 PM »
Purp Thanks for the scans as I stopped reading the pile of trash that is Excalibur. Tini still sucks writing Gambit but I didn't have a problem with his power uses here. I also don't think they really need to be explained in any detail as we have seen echoes of them before. Gambit has caught bullets and other fast objects before, he has powered Iron Man's suit as well as being the power source for Khan's interdimensional portal in X-treme, and with his death persona, he has used mystical cards before as he trapped someone within a card during Hellbound I believe it was.

admin edit: site crap as always.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 10:31:53 PM by Nekobaghira »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #316 on: July 16, 2021, 03:43:32 AM »
Purp Thanks for the scans as I stopped reading the pile of trash that is Excalibur. Tini still sucks writing Gambit but I didn't have a problem with his power uses here. I also don't think they really need to be explained in any detail as we have seen echoes of them before. Gambit has caught bullets and other fast objects before, he has powered Iron Man's suit as well as being the power source for Khan's interdimensional portal in X-treme, and with his death persona, he has used mystical cards before as he trapped someone within a card during Hellbound I believe it was.

admin edit: site crap as always.

Glad to see you again, Remydat Big Gambit fans can easily explain what happend or find a way to explain it but some explanation should be in this issue. I saw a lot of posts on twitter and here from people fro bullet scene that it was awesome but they don't understand what happened.Even I don't understand what happened with bullet exactly.Did Remy cath it, charged and then it explode?Or he charged his fist and create explosion to stop it?Or did he remove a kinetic energy from bullet? EtcWho knows what happened.Oh, I even forgot about Death persona an how he trapped someone in his card.It was a right decision to stop reading it.

admin edit: size and color tags ... site stuff as usual

« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 02:58:54 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #317 on: July 17, 2021, 06:33:29 AM »
Given how close it was to his face and his hands were already up in the scene before the explosion, I presume he caught it, charged it and then made it explode in one swift motion.  Really he probably didn't need the explosion but like with the train they probably just did it for dramatic effect.  That or the intent was to indicate he could not merely stop it without also discharged the energy in the bullet.

Hey I liked that issue of Hellbound.  Think that was also where he could control people with a touch and make them his minions.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #318 on: July 19, 2021, 10:00:12 AM »

Nothing new in it but some new Gambit articles.

Chris Claremont Teases New Gambit Comic Book Series From Marvel?
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/chris-claremont-teases-new-gambit-comic-book-series-from-marvel/

X-Men: How Gambit STOLE His Biggest Power Boost in Years
https://www.cbr.com/x-men-gambit-tarot-cards-power-boost/

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #319 on: July 19, 2021, 11:30:39 AM »
I'll believe it when I see it. I'm cool with Claremont, would have preferred Fabian, but I'm all for anything other than Tini. You can tell how much a writer knows about Gambit and where they got their knowledge of him if they have him talking about himself in the 3rd person more than once in a blue moon. Her flawed take on him is saturated in XTAS. While w respectable version that I grew up on - that's not comic Gambit and she's supposed to be writing comic Gambit.

I'm still trying to figure out what version of Apocalypse she was writing because I still don't recognize it.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #320 on: July 19, 2021, 04:00:13 PM »
I'm okay with Claremont, after all he helped create the character with another creative person.

If anyone knows Gambit it would be CC.

Anyone to take him from TH - I hope it happens.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 09:02:12 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #321 on: July 19, 2021, 05:46:56 PM »
I'd be very excited for a new Gambit solo by Chris Clarement. As long as he isn't trying to change something fundamental about his character/story. But a regular new story/adventure for him to go on, I'm in.

NicoPony

« Reply #322 on: July 19, 2021, 06:56:07 PM »
I would guess it’d be a Legends story with Lil Ororo. CC doesn’t seem to respond positively to the current era.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #323 on: July 20, 2021, 04:05:34 PM »
You're being nice with that take. I hear he absolutely hates it. I was down for Hickman's original view but what it is now...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #324 on: July 21, 2021, 06:26:35 PM »
Why does marvel give him and liefeld more oxygen then? Must be something in their contracts. As long as CC doesn’t keep pushing his: Gambit is related to the Summers and is some Sinister Frankenstein’s monster, fine. Whatever it is won’t add or detract to Gambit’s character, regardless.

Cats and marriage have been the only two changes made in like a decade that have actually stuck, and one was more for Rogue’s character than Gambit’s.

No one can convince me she’s a cat lover. She has ‘dog person’ written all over.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #325 on: July 21, 2021, 08:19:00 PM »
I think I read somewhere that CC gets paid whether he writes a book or not.

Having write Gambit would be a nice change from the current crop of writers.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #326 on: July 22, 2021, 03:39:43 AM »
I would prefer a Gambit solo in new era with a good new writer. cough Asmus cough

But I always wanted to see what Claremont would do with Gambit solo and how he would use him as lead character. Good story in past is better than bad story in new era.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 03:42:55 AM by purplevit »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #327 on: July 22, 2021, 09:55:52 AM »
I'd be fine with Claremont writing Gambit again. I think he would get Gambit back to the basics with a fun adventurous story. Asmus, on the other hand, is a hard pass. The more I read his run, the less I like it. I'm all for someone new taking a shot at a Gambit book. At this point I just want someone to take Gambit away from the hands of that awful untalented Excalibur writer. Warping Gambit's powers is not character development. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #328 on: July 22, 2021, 10:20:39 AM »
 I was thinking that Claremont wrote a treatment for Tatum`s Gambit. In script for movie it was revealed at the end that Gambit is Sinister`s son.

Then I remembered X-Men The end and old theory video:
https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/comments/4c3mh6/xmen_gambit_theory_video_with_new_evidence/

Interesting what everyone is thinking. Would you like this to be used?
I would like Gambit to be a resurrected Adam Essex, NOT a clone. With all pod people from Krakoa it feels like a logical time for reveal. And NicoPony shared not so long ago a Hellions data page that was similar to Black Womb.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 10:24:24 AM by purplevit »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #329 on: July 22, 2021, 10:45:36 AM »
I'd be fine with Claremont writing Gambit again. I think he would get Gambit back to the basics with a fun adventurous story. Asmus, on the other hand, is a hard pass. The more I read his run, the less I like it. I'm all for someone new taking a shot at a Gambit book. At this point I just want someone to take Gambit away from the hands of that awful untalented Excalibur writer. Warping Gambit's powers is not character development.

I'm all for someone new taking a shot at a Gambit book too.

I liked Asmus. I think he was just very limited in freedom or characters that he can use in Gambit`s book or what to do.
Asmus wasn`t allowed to use Black Cat, to make a rematch with Cap, to make Gambit in love with a male character and seduce other male character (Thanks Daniel Ketchum for not allowing it or Gambit would end up like Iceman now), to tell a story about Gambit`s real parents. Maybe something more but I don`t remember right now.