Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61791 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #435 on: August 29, 2021, 05:01:18 PM »
Found it.

Claremont teases Gambit 4 on his IG.

NicoPony

« Reply #436 on: August 29, 2021, 06:07:18 PM »

Found it.

Claremont teases Gambit 4 on his IG.

he got that felted lockheed from a fan when he was here in cleveland last week.

it does indeed look like we might have something to be excited about! gambit #4(?), not legends starring gambit.

Could not agree more.  I want Gambit to be part of the careful planning they are obviously putting into the X-Men reboot.  I don't want him sidelined into a goofy Deadpool movie and introduced way before all the other X-Men.  Plus, I am so done with the old Fox and Sony franchises.  I want a completely clean slate for these characters. I am already bummed about the upcoming Spider-Man and Doctor Strange sequels.  I loved the first two Holland Spidey movies and was really looking forward to the third until I started seeing all the rumors of the about Sony characters appearing.  The recent trailer completely removed all my excitement for it, and I have never not looked forward to a MCU movie.  And now the rumors are starting about the next Doctor Strange movie... sigh.

i can't get too excited about any live action comic movie really... but, any publicity is good publicity...?

it'd made sense for gambit to first appear in a group of misfit gray-area characters. i really enjoy the deadpool movies, and it's the only marvel movies my SO will watch with me. A LOT of people would see a DP movie. including those girlfriends whose boyfriends dragged them to see some super-violent comic movie and then it'll be: Oh, Who Is This Sexy Red-Eyed Fellow With the Accent? Maybe I Like Comic Movies Too...?

there's nothing that could make me watch another doc strange movie. i got vertigo from the last one.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 08:54:40 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #437 on: August 30, 2021, 08:55:40 AM »
Yeah. All I got from that is maybe "Gambit #4"
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #438 on: August 30, 2021, 09:10:12 AM »
Reynolds and Tatum are friends. If Gambit to appear in D3 than he to be used as Domino or Cable in D2 and not as Shatterstar.

I think it would be cool but probably won't happen.

I agree. I don't think it would happen, nor do I really want it - but if Gambit were in a Deadpool movie he'd be at the same level as the main cast as his brand is viable and would most likely be protected. I'd elevate it above Domino, second only to Cable due to who's plays him. Cable is a popular character among comic readers, but most people only know him from the Deadpool movie and remember him as a recurring character in XTAS. The most popular X-Men will continue to be the XTAS main cast, at least for the next decade or so while those who watched the show are still going to the movies, taking their kids, and watching/streaming content.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #439 on: August 30, 2021, 06:23:55 PM »
Yeah. All I got from that is maybe "Gambit #4"

I think he uses some shorthand symbols so that makes it harder to read.
i see:

gambit #4 outline 18 to 21

open @ riverboat on Matisse(?) poker high stakes table folk having fun

[then there is a drawing of a poker table]

counterpoint re: doc talking @ remy being away

remy top [indecipherable] at the bottom

cut to them [indeciperhable]

banks(?) medal(?) cloves(?) school's ok days to see(?)  lol, wut?

why? next one, remy takes (talks?) to mob he [indeciperable]

solars(?) on trail

the last word i can read is "rules"

he spells 'remy' several times, using lowercase 'r'.

see, sometimes spending the day reading manuscripts from the early 1800s translates to real world applications. i've read a lot worse. haha.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #440 on: August 31, 2021, 01:52:02 AM »

i see:

solars(?) on trail

see, sometimes spending the day reading manuscripts from the early 1800s translates to real world applications. i've read a lot worse. haha.

Wow! You have a real superpower!
Thanks!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #441 on: August 31, 2021, 09:10:09 AM »

Nothing new in it but

Chris Claremont Definitely Writing New Gambit Comic Series
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/chris-claremont-definitely-writing-new-gambit-comic-series/

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #442 on: August 31, 2021, 09:23:50 AM »
I wonder if this is going to be part of Legends or its own thing... "big Krakoan plan" ... there is no plan. Not anymore. The way in which the story has been going has all but proved that much. That and Hickman saying as much  ;D

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #443 on: August 31, 2021, 09:36:08 AM »
I think it was planned as part of Legends at the beginning.
Maybe Legends sales made Marvel to change their mind because Gambit #1 by Claremont will sell better than Legends #10 by Claremont.

Claremont hates Hickman X-Men era. So it will be placed in past for sure.
Don, do you think that Claremont will use his treatment for Tatum's script as inspiration for Gambit comic?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #444 on: August 31, 2021, 11:35:47 AM »
I think it was planned as part of Legends at the beginning.
Maybe Legends sales made Marvel to change their mind because Gambit #1 by Claremont will sell better than Legends #10 by Claremont.

Claremont hates Hickman X-Men era. So it will be placed in past for sure.
Don, do you think that Claremont will use his treatment for Tatum's script as inspiration for Gambit comic?

Don't say sexy things like that to me. I don't like being excited unnecessarily. All jokes aside - I don't think that script is being thrown away entirely. I'd assume chunks of it will be used in the MCU and since the MCU routinely harvests their scripts from comics I wouldn't be surprised if they have Claremont adapt parts of it (seeing as he inspired parts of it) and use his story as something of a filter between the original Fox treatment and what will become the MCUs version.

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #445 on: August 31, 2021, 02:50:37 PM »

i see:

solars(?) on trail

Awesome!  Thanks for all that.  I certainly couldn't make out that much.  Super looking forward to some Claremont written Gambit issues!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #446 on: August 31, 2021, 02:58:03 PM »

Don't say sexy things like that to me. I don't like being excited unnecessarily. All jokes aside - I don't think that script is being thrown away entirely. I'd assume chunks of it will be used in the MCU and since the MCU routinely harvests their scripts from comics I wouldn't be surprised if they have Claremont adapt parts of it (seeing as he inspired parts of it) and use his story as something of a filter between the original Fox treatment and what will become the MCUs version.

Ahhah))
Yeah, I hope that part of scipt would be used in Claremont's story and later in MCU. But Claremont probably only wrote a treatment for it and never read a full script.
Damn, I would pay a lot to see Gambit so dangerous that enemies even afraid of slices of orange in his hands.
That moment in script was soooo good.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 03:45:20 PM by purplevit »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #447 on: August 31, 2021, 05:07:39 PM »

Ahhah))
Yeah, I hope that part of scipt would be used in Claremont's story and later in MCU. But Claremont probably only wrote a treatment for it and never read a full script.
Damn, I would pay a lot to see Gambit so dangerous that enemies even afraid of slices of orange in his hands.
That moment in script was soooo good.

Nah nah nah, the bathroom fight scene!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #448 on: August 31, 2021, 05:58:10 PM »

Nah nah nah, the bathroom fight scene!

Nope, plan with envelopes :gambit:

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #449 on: August 31, 2021, 06:02:00 PM »
2 new event books announced for January 2022.
X of lives of Wolverine and X of deathes of Wolverine.

Not a joke. I thought it was a joke first.

It will be a weekly series written by Percy like House of X and Powers of X.

So it seems that new #1 titles will start on March and April.