Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61810 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #525 on: November 23, 2021, 09:50:47 AM »
Hey Purp, andrei and anyone else who visits here that is an artist. There is an author on Twitter Stephanie Cooke - looking for an artist. She wants a portfolio sent with sequential art. You know, storyboard type stuff.
It appears to be a children's book, so no smut.

I know this isn't the right thread but didn't want to make one either as by the time this is seen, she may have already hired someone.
https://twitter.com/hellocookie

And now back to this thread. I'll start a 2022 late in December of 2021.

Thanks, Neko :smitten: ;)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #526 on: November 24, 2021, 08:21:46 AM »
Yu is drawing a cover.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #527 on: November 24, 2021, 08:22:56 AM »
Marvel editors teased a new book Immortal X-Men. Not sure if Yu art is for this book.

NicoPony

« Reply #528 on: November 24, 2021, 09:47:24 AM »
Marvel editors teased a new book Immortal X-Men. Not sure if Yu art is for this book.

i love remy's sketchy look in yu's hands.

sad it's a cover (lies, all lies), and that Gambit is still wearing his Excalibur look. Probably token representation for Excalibur line, since we also have Kitty (Marauders), Cyke (X-Men), what looks like Domino (X-Force).

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #529 on: November 24, 2021, 12:51:30 PM »
Storm with Gambit, Gentle and Rogue are teased in things to come in Black Panther new solo.

BLACK PANTHER #3

CELEBRATING THE 200TH ISSUE OF BLACK PANTHER AS T'CHALLA FACES OFF AGAINST THE X-MEN OF MARS!
With assassins closing in and Wakanda's faith in him shaken, T'Challa goes to visit Storm on the newly terraformed Mars. But this will not be a happy reunion as T'Challa has ulterior motives for his visit.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #530 on: November 24, 2021, 02:17:52 PM »

i love remy's sketchy look in yu's hands.

sad it's a cover (lies, all lies), and that Gambit is still wearing his Excalibur look. Probably token representation for Excalibur line, since we also have Kitty (Marauders), Cyke (X-Men), what looks like Domino (X-Force).

X-Factor and Hellions cancelled so Kwannon and Daken got moved to new Marauders without any changes to costumes.
Fingers crossed that means that Gambit can be on new team even if he is in old coatume on teaser.

Maybe Gambit join Storm's X-Men on Mars as Black Panther teases?
Won't happen of course but I am all in for Space Guilds.

NicoPony

« Reply #531 on: November 24, 2021, 04:02:18 PM »
i like the hooded coat look from excalibur. but i thought his outfit showed up magically or something...? not that i'm asking anyone to explain to me howard's writing. i know it's just random nonsense that keeps happening.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #532 on: November 24, 2021, 04:06:06 PM »
i like the hooded coat look from excalibur. but i thought his outfit showed up magically or something...? not that i'm asking anyone to explain to me howard's writing. i know it's just random nonsense that keeps happening.

Not sure but it seems it was some krakoan tech that allowed Gambit and Rogue to change clothes magically in issue #1.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #533 on: November 29, 2021, 01:34:27 PM »
We can't get a Gambit project (TV/Streaming/Movie) off the ground no matter how much Tatum Channing pushed but yet  ..... he's announced another Magic Mike film. bleh. Having watched two of these films, I can't care.

Is Gambit in anything after the new year?

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #534 on: November 30, 2021, 12:20:46 AM »
We can't get a Gambit project (TV/Streaming/Movie) off the ground no matter how much Tatum Channing pushed but yet  ..... he's announced another Magic Mike film. bleh. Having watched two of these films, I can't care.

Is Gambit in anything after the new year?

I think the Fox/Disney transition was a big factor in why the Tatum Gambit movie didn't happen. The X-Franchise under Fox was a sinking ship during that time, probably for the best it didn't happen leaving the MCU to handle him (hopefully). As for the new year, I've lost faith in the comics, but 'X-Men 97' is our best shot, Chris Potter has had a lot of interviews in the last 2 years which is a fair indicator that he'll be involved in the project (and he's in the main cast).

...and let's face it, Disney+ have a far larger audience than comic readers. Personally I'll take the animated series over the flaky status of X-Men comics any day.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #535 on: November 30, 2021, 08:53:56 AM »

Zachary Levi Says He Really Wanted to Play Gambit
https://movieweb.com/x-men-gambit-zachary-levi/

"I really wanted to be Gambit for a long time, that would be super dope. He was actually my favorite X-Men [character] for a long time. Like all my buddies wanna be Wolverine [when] we’d all play outside [as kids]. Maybe I had some kind of stick that I pretended to be a bow [staff] that I charged and threw my charged cards at everybody… I was born in Louisiana… so I was always like, ‘That’s my guy!’ So then I had these dreams of, 'Oh my god, maybe I can be Gambit.' And then, you know… that didn’t happen. But again, it wasn’t supposed to. Because I get to be this guy [Shazam]. And this guy’s super fun.”

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #536 on: December 01, 2021, 05:48:28 AM »
Gambit and Rogue cameo in Trial of Mags 4

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #537 on: December 01, 2021, 07:30:01 AM »

Connected Cyke, Gambit and Kitty to new IG Yu`s pic.
I think it will be smth like this.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #538 on: December 01, 2021, 12:47:08 PM »

When asked if there's an MCU character he wants to play, Avan Jogia (Leon from new Resident Evil) replies, "I mean, anyone who's throwing cards. I like all the characters that are a little bit more fun. The muscle-bound, tights guy is not nearly as fun as Gambit or something ... I like characters with a little bit more personality and there's great characters in the MCU world that I'd love to pursue. I like Gambit."

https://www.looper.com/674454/the-surprising-character-avan-jogia-wants-to-play-in-the-mcu-exclusive/?utm_campaign=clip

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #539 on: December 01, 2021, 04:34:40 PM »
I saw that Gambit / Rogue cameo in Trial in Magneto #4, which has me very worried. Those two panels were so utterly pointless (Gambit & Rogue walk in with margaritas in-hand, say "whoa, a battle with monsters, guess we should join," and end their scene). I'm worried they're making him somehow connected to Wanda's killer, a brief tie-in to the big revelation in issue 5. We did see Gambit, Wolverine, Jean and Polaris on Hickman's Inferno cover, all unconscious or worse as well...still don't know what that's about.