Author Topic: Please vote for Gambit  (Read 6097 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Please vote for Gambit
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 06:45:09 PM »
Does anyone actually think if Gambit was in this book that he would be handled well anyway?
Trying not to be pessimistic but no. He's been handled horribly for a long time, I don't see that changing. However, one can hope.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 09:42:12 AM »
With Hickman's monopoly presumably lasting at least a decade longer I have no hope at all that Gambit will have a relevant role in another book in the near future, much less be written well. This current phase is garbage and will continue to feature the same characters as always. No hope for Gambit now  :(     

NicoPony

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 10:53:13 AM »
With Hickman's monopoly presumably lasting at least a decade longer I have no hope at all that Gambit will have a relevant role in another book in the near future, much less be written well. This current phase is garbage and will continue to feature the same characters as always. No hope for Gambit now  :(   

Unless Disney intros him in 2 years or so, and makes a giant pile of cash and then Marvel Comics will be standing there with their collective D’s in their hands, like wait...wut?

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 11:47:06 AM »
I've said it before, things will change only after Gambit is introduced in the MCU but that's three years away in the best-case scenario.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2021, 09:15:23 PM »
I think it's all predicated on this MCU/Disney+ thing that's been heavily rumored by Disney putting out all those Gambit-related trademarks. I very much think if they are doing a Gambit show it's probably going to borrow heavily from Fabian's run (where we saw a lot Gambits past developed) and the 15' script we read.

That feature, whatever it is, comes out, Gambit automatically goes up for more usage with a writer that wants to use him either because they like the character or want to use him as a launchpad. Either way I'd see it getting the upmost regard. For goodness sake, they made Blade an Avenger ( :idiot2: ) and they relaunched Morbius...

Morbius, y'all.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 01:01:43 PM »
It seems Marvel right now is only pushing properties that will get movies. Shang Chi got mini and ongoing right after it and second new mini. Eternals got ongoing with a Top writer.

Wanda and Vision got nothing at all, lol. FalconAnd Winter Soldier got a 5 issues mini that was just a cash grab with no changes to heroes or influence on other books.
Will see how it will go later.

We desperately need a great MCU Gambit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 02:12:33 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 04:53:48 PM »
It seems Marvel right now is only pushing properties that will get movies. Shang Chi got mini and ongoing right after it and second new mini. Eternals got ongoing with a Top writer.

Wanda and Vision got nothing at all, lol. FalconAnd Winter Soldier got a 5 issues mini that was just a cash grab with no changes to heroes or influence on other books.
Will see how it will go later.

We desperately need a great MCU Gambit.

I can't say much for Vision outside of his series a few years ago but Wanda has had stories revolving around her nonstop. She's always been very visible.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 01:38:21 AM »
Yeah, but they both have a D+ show but are absent from Marvel books. It is strange that they both have no solo or team.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2021, 07:59:34 AM »
I don't need a book or team if the TV show is good (I'm speaking about Gambit).

Wanda and Vision not getting a book or having a team is moot. They were part of a long string of movies for MCU, that exposure alone is probably enough. IMO

There are plenty of books made into TV series and a large number of them aren't good at all. If they go to the older material for Gambit, update it of course then I'd be fine.  IMO

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 09:36:14 AM »
I do need a new Gambit solo if MCU will ever create a Gambit series or movie.
And I want and hope that movie will help this book to live longer or get a new chance to be relaunched.

We desperately need some focus and attention to Gambit or he will continue to be written as crap wallpaper in the hands of bad writers like Howard.
In the latest interview Howard was asked a question kinda why Gambit and Rogue are in Excalibur and she answered that Rogue will do smth in the next arc. She just ignored Gambit and didn`t even bothered to answer something about him.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2021, 10:53:55 AM »
Neko, did you like X-Men RED?
I know that Don hates it ;D

Offline andrei

• Guild Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2021, 11:33:14 AM »
Im dying for anythinf good about Gambit... it's been SOOOOOO long we had something good/worth of the character. Hopefully those tv guys could write him good. Fingers crossed

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2021, 12:19:02 PM »

Neko, did you like X-Men RED?
I know that Don hates it

Xmen RED? hmmm, I can't even remember it. LOL Having Wiki'd it real quick, safe to say I passed on it. 

And I want and hope that movie will help this book to live longer or get a new chance to be relaunched.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want a book or even buy one but it can't be by the last two writers. I know there of fans for MMX and what not but I would want some adventure without being stuck to another character. More importantly, storylines for Gambit instead of support or borderline background. Just me though. :)

We desperately need some focus and attention to Gambit or he will continue to be written as crap wallpaper in the hands of bad writers like Howard.
In the latest interview Howard was asked a question kinda why Gambit and Rogue are in Excalibur and she answered that Rogue will do smth in the next arc. She just ignored Gambit and didn`t even bothered to answer something about him.

As I noticed before with TH, she can't relate to or chooses not to relate to him because its not what she wants write about. IMO

Im dying for anythinf good about Gambit... it's been SOOOOOO long we had something good/worth of the character. Hopefully those tv guys could write him good. Fingers crossed

I've given up on comic books, there is no reason for me to drive 40 minutes, buy a book at $4-5 for the stuff that has printed over the last few years.

I think TV guys/gals could actually write him well. If TV writers can put a polish on books (novels) that I think are less than stellar (poorly written in my view) and present it for TV and people watch it, then its completely doable to add a shine and adventure to Gambit.

My fingers are crossed with you.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2021, 02:14:31 PM »

I'm sure he'll fall down a hole again or something.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2021, 04:38:26 PM »

Xmen RED? hmmm, I can't even remember it. LOL Having Wiki'd it real quick, safe to say I passed on it. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't want a book or even buy one but it can't be by the last two writers. I know there of fans for MMX and what not but I would want some adventure without being stuck to another character. More importantly, storylines for Gambit instead of support or borderline background. Just me though. :)

As I noticed before with TH, she can't relate to or chooses not to relate to him because its not what she wants write about. IMO

I've given up on comic books, there is no reason for me to drive 40 minutes, buy a book at $4-5 for the stuff that has printed over the last few years.

I think TV guys/gals could actually write him well. If TV writers can put a polish on books (novels) that I think are less than stellar (poorly written in my view) and present it for TV and people watch it, then its completely doable to add a shine and adventure to Gambit.

My fingers are crossed with you.

I feel you. I won't buy anything from Tini Howard ever again. Even if that would be a brand new Gambit solo secretly written by Fabian and with Skroce, Mann and Larraz as rotation artists.