X-Men > X-Men

X-Men reboot?

(1/5) > >>

Nekobaghira:
Via CBR .... looking like Marvel/Disney getting into the development of rebooting the Xmen.

https://www.cbr.com/mcu-x-men-reboot-movie-the-mutants-report/

While I think it could be hit or miss, I think as far away from Fox has done would be best.

wantutosigh:
I am so ready for an X-Men reboot it's not funny. I have hated the Fox X-Men for so many years now. I have been begging for them to be brought into the MCU for so long. But now I don't even know if they're going to even call them the "X-Men" anymore because that name is problematic now apparently. I just want properly done X-Men soooo bad.

RomeoSvengali:
Yes, it needs to reboot, but with the people in charge... I wouldn't mind being wrong, but I'm not expecting good things.

NicoPony:

--- Quote from: DonPriceTag on March 09, 2021, 05:07:53 PM ---At Marvel, it's 'story above continuity'. They are afraid of scaring off potential new readers (lol) by having their universe steeped in years of lore... you know, like how comic books have worked since the 60s. So, this is what you get. A bunch of new writers that aren't tasked with thoroughly researching their subjects beyond the last run or two. Since most of the new writers of the past 5 years are all basically the same flavor - the characters behave differently than they have until the point their new personality is the new norm. Which means they all sound and act the same, or how their most popular iteration from movies or TV do. It's how we ended up clumsy Gambit, clown Sinister, good-guy Daken, anti-hero Apocalypse, whacky Pyro, or X-Men that are somehow cool with being called Marauders...
--- End quote ---

Hoping in a few years, we'll see a panel featuring Krakoa...which slowly gets smaller and smaller until we realize it's inside of a snowglobe. And the snowglobe is held in Xavier's hand, where he sits in a padded room, wearing a stainless steel bedpan on his head. And then outside of that room looking in through a window is Sinister and he says: And they said I was crazy!

And then it's all fixed and we can go back to reading X-Men books again.

NicoPony:

--- Quote from: wantutosigh on March 04, 2021, 11:27:35 PM ---I am so ready for an X-Men reboot it's not funny. I have hated the Fox X-Men for so many years now. I have been begging for them to be brought into the MCU for so long. But now I don't even know if they're going to even call them the "X-Men" anymore because that name is problematic now apparently. I just want properly done X-Men soooo bad.

--- End quote ---

I'll try to stay positive and think that "The Mutants" is the lead-in for the future "The X-Men," as they aren't X-Men yet, but mutants introduced a handful at a time leading up to the eventual team formation, a la Avengers or Defenders.

Alternatively, if by some miracle new X-Men movies somehow led to new comic readers, boy, would they be confused. God help us if we have to watch the smutty sword-wielding adventures of the mutants of Krakoa.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version