Author Topic: X-Men reboot?  (Read 3630 times)

NicoPony

Re: X-Men reboot?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2021, 07:43:19 PM »
Wait, one more: Logan.

Better name than Bruce, I’ll admit.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2021, 11:18:42 AM »
Also the 3rd in his series and like 8th time he'd been in a movie throughout the franchise. If you didn't know his name by then, your not interested in any of his movies... I think they called him 'Wolverine' like twice in the whole time Jackman was playing him  ;D . By the end, Logan made more sense than Wolverine. But Logan wasn't about being a superhero. It was about a man finding/fighting himself and a purpose. Hence the name and uh fighting the clone.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2021, 03:17:37 PM »

Also the 3rd in his series and like 8th time he'd been in a movie throughout the franchise. If you didn't know his name by then, your not interested in any of his movies... I think they called him 'Wolverine' like twice in the whole time Jackman was playing him  ;D . By the end, Logan made more sense than Wolverine. But Logan wasn't about being a superhero. It was about a man finding/fighting himself and a purpose. Hence the name and uh fighting the clone.

you gotta know i'm teasin' you by now. ;)

obvi The Mutants a working title. because it's terrible. but keeping the working title broad as a catch-all rather than restricting it just to x-men fills me with hope. please don't destroy my dreams. lol.

tried to watch logan. i think i decided i didn't need to see that much chopping/slashing. not into anything that looks remotely like a slasher film. yet i can watch deadpool because the violence is cartoonish. maybe DP3 will be called: WADE.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 09:33:20 AM »

you gotta know i'm teasin' you by now.
;)

obvi The Mutants a working title. because it's terrible. but keeping the working title broad as a catch-all rather than restricting it just to x-men fills me with hope. please don't destroy my dreams. lol.

tried to watch logan. i think i decided i didn't need to see that much chopping/slashing. not into anything that looks remotely like a slasher film. yet i can watch deadpool because the violence is cartoonish. maybe DP3 will be called: WADE.

I think the same thing! Wade would be a great meta-joke for the Reynolds/Jackman "fued"  ;D
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 03:12:40 PM »
NicoPony, posted in the wrong thread and has asked me to move her comments.

NicoPony, your comment is on page 1 of this thread. I kept the quote and all of that. The site goes by date, which is why is not exactly below Don's comments.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 06:51:45 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2021, 05:29:26 AM »
Yeah I also thought it was pretty obvious that The Mutants is a working title. They use them all the time. Personally, I am excited. I haven't given a damn about any of the Avengers movies. I've simply been waiting for them to do the X-Men. I'm especially excited for the Gambit D+ series if it actually is in development.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2021, 01:40:11 PM »
Yeah I also thought it was pretty obvious that The Mutants is a working title. They use them all the time. Personally, I am excited. I haven't given a damn about any of the Avengers movies. I've simply been waiting for them to do the X-Men. I'm especially excited for the Gambit D+ series if it actually is in development.

Same. I have a high hopes due to rumored moves that Disney made by reserving those characters, names and places for a project. Fact that Sam (Falcon) is from the same area and the Falcon and Winter Soldier show will visit Madripoor. Doesn't necessarily mean ANYTHING but there's some connective tissue there to link in the future. Again, doesn't mean jack, but it's a possibility.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2021, 12:52:48 PM »
So, what are you guy's predictions? How are the X-Men or mutants for that matter going to make it into the MCU?

An off-the-wall idea I have after watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier is using the displaced people that remained on earth during the snap. With people/ animals decreasing by 50% all over the world - borders were basically abolished. Countries and territories welcomed new residents to help rebuild. When half the planet's population returned - most of those people that had built new lives for themselves were displaced and placed into refugee camps, and quarters, not unlike ghettos. As we've seen in the show - they aren't pleased and that sentiment grew into the Flag Smashers.

Now, I'm still holding onto the possibility of the MCU continuing to borrow from Marvel Universe 1610 (the Ultimate Universe). In that universe, the x-gene was artificial, developed from experiments on Logan (patient zero). A sort of retro-virus was created and it spread like a disease infecting people and rewriting their DNA. In Falcon and the Winter Soldier, we learned that diseases spread rapidly in these camps due to poor conditions. What if someone deliberately or mistakenly infects people with a retrovirus? By having people from all over the world mixed into these camps - it would ensure that mutants are, for the most part, equally dispersed and not concentrated in one area - thus mimicking natural global proliferation.

Those infected wouldn't just have to deal with their new condition but also have a built-in distrust of "outsiders" and already dealing with feelings of disenfranchisement. It'd most likely fast-track "villains" and groups like the "Brotherhood" created by people who were without power - now having it.  I also noticed an "X" on one of the gates of the GRC compounds. If it's used enough throughout the camps - I could see it co-opted by them as a reminder of where they came from as opposed to being Xavier's name or for the "X-gene", which may not even be called that.

Then there's always the Multiverse of Madness just scrambling everything up... Not as lazy as saying "they were always here" - but still pretty lazy.

What are your thoughts?