Author Topic: Jon Kent (New Superman)  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Jon Kent (New Superman)
« on: October 15, 2021, 07:53:43 PM »
All sorts of people getting their panties/boxers in a bunch.

Son of Kal-El and Lois .... is bi-sexual. Not sure why this is a story but it is and people are confusing Jon with Clark and getting worked up. Nutty.

There are plenty of links, I'll just post one.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/11/entertainment/superman-comes-out-bisexual-jon-kent-cec/index.html
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 07:55:27 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
Re: Jon Kent (New Superman)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 05:56:28 AM »
I don't know why people are getting worked up given that Superman is a alien and authors (i.e. Larry Niven) have been speculating about his ability to perform intercourse with a human to such an extent that it was the subtext in Superman 2.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Jon Kent (New Superman)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 08:17:18 AM »
I don't see the big deal, but news sources are, in fact, pushing it as just "Superman" (Clark Kent) in their titles - but clarify in the story. It's clickbait. People don't read, they just rage. 98% of the people that will see the title of those stories don't and will never read the book so don't understand the nuance behind it - and those reporting it, know that. If someone cares to learn by reading the article - then it's done its job in attracting attention. It's all fake and disingenuous. They put misleading headlines up. People react to them, not understanding it, then the same news outlets trashes people for being outraged - when they're the one that incited it in the first place.  :idiot2:
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony