Author Topic: Xmen'97 (new animated series)  (Read 7248 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Xmen'97 (new animated series)
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2021, 02:03:17 PM »

With the announcement of the show, the first knee-bend comes from my man Clay Mann  ;D .  Lamenting how much he misses the franchise. Last I checked he was under an exclusive DC contract - but a public tweet is more like a warning shot. His contract is probably coming up and he's throwing out feelers. He's become a star artist. He comes back over the line he could probably pick his project. Avengers was a nice gravy boat with the MCU - but those characters are being phased out on the big screen. The X-Men is the new ticket for the foreseeable future. I said it. Cant wait for those "creators" to all of a sudden love Gambit.

https://twitter.com/Clay_Mann_/status/1460814320217034758

Hickman told that X-Foice have planned stories for next 2 years.
Hopefully it means that 2023 would have X-Men relaunch inspired by X-Men 97 release.
Such big relaunches are planned in advance so I won`t be surprised if Tom King and Clay Mann would get it.

Some of their replies for old 2019 X-Men Monday.

AiPT!: OK, Tom, if you could do a 12-issue maxi-series about an X-Men character, who would it be?
King: Uh, does Jon Hickman leave any left? I don’t know, are the X-Men going to survive this whole thing?
AiPT!: Clay would draw it…
King: Who do you want to draw on the X-Men? You just want to draw Gambit’s butt again.
Mann: No, it’d be the original–the Blue Team, Gold Team.
King: The original X-Men? That’s 30 years after they launched
Mann: I’m Hickman and I redo the X-Men. Blue Team, Gold Team, 10 characters–done. Not this new Alpha Men with flowers…

https://aiptcomics.com/2019/08/12/giant-sized-x-men-monday-23-terrificon-2019/

Edit: Cleaned up some code - DPT
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 02:05:17 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2021, 02:07:54 PM »
"Alpha men with flowers" lol. That's funny. But words from a man locked behind an exclusive contract. He won't talk that recklessly, right now.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2021, 11:06:11 AM »
Jeez, has anyone read the Feb solits? Yeah, I think XTAS will be our go-to for news. Even if it is over a year away, we'll get interviews, character designs and teasers along the way in 2022. I know that Lenore Zann said she has the script that she'll be reading this weekend so stuff has already been written so it seems.

I noticed Chris Potter popping up in a LOT of comic-cons (with the rest of the voice cast) and doing many X-Men interviews in the last 2 years. I have a feeling Disney had the new series planned a little while ago with those teaser avatars (remember those?), and probably Covid delayed a few things. 

NicoPony

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2021, 12:48:43 PM »
Jeez, has anyone read the Feb solits?

It's going to be a long, cold, lonely winter.

All I want for Christmas is for Excalibur to be cancelled and for a new book with Gambit to be announced. Who is chipping in on my gift?

Our family Disney+ avatar is Gambit. I feel like I'm the only one watching it, so that's fair. Did everyone change theirs?

What do you want to see for Disney+ XTAS Gambit?

No headsock? Third-person talk? End up working for Sinister at some point?

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2021, 08:45:25 AM »

What do you want to see for Disney+ XTAS Gambit?

No headsock? Third-person talk? End up working for Sinister at some point?

1. A better display of Gambit's thieving skills.

2. The Sinister connection.

3. Some references to Nicieza and Asmus' solo runs. Courier, Joelle etc...

4. From a ROMY perspective, a bit more progression other than just having Rogue rebuff him and then fretting over him whenever he's in danger. Probably an X-Men #24 adaptation could be a good starting point.

5. Gambit and Wolverine team-ups.

6. Jean-Luc Lebeau appearance, unfortunately they missed an opportunity with 'X-Ternally Yours'

7. If they do costume redesigns. I'd go purple and black, I think the Disney avatar has that.

8. No third-person talk, if they REALLY must do it. Minimize it.

9. The cats.

NicoPony

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2021, 10:28:41 AM »

1. A better display of Gambit's thieving skills.

2. The Sinister connection.

3. Some references to Nicieza and Asmus' solo runs. Courier, Joelle etc...

4. From a ROMY perspective, a bit more progression other than just having Rogue rebuff him and then fretting over him whenever he's in danger. Probably an X-Men #24 adaptation could be a good starting point.

5. Gambit and Wolverine team-ups.

6. Jean-Luc Lebeau appearance, unfortunately they missed an opportunity with 'X-Ternally Yours'

7. If they do costume redesigns. I'd go purple and black, I think the Disney avatar has that.

8. No third-person talk, if they REALLY must do it. Minimize it.

9. The cats.

I love all these ideas. Let's have Don weigh in on number 9.

One more: backstory on why Storm knows Gambit well.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2021, 11:23:16 AM »

I love all these ideas. Let's have Don weigh in on number 9.

One more: backstory on why Storm knows Gambit well.

Probably a reference to UXM#266-267.

There's Morlock Massacre as well...but I don't think Disney will go that dark.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2021, 08:14:08 PM »
I want
Jean-Luc: Original Recipe Dapper please, rather than Extra-Crispy Midlife Crisis Pirate.
Romy: please make them a couple...one that COMMUNICATES, ffs
Thieving: I realize it'll go against his statement at the end of X-Ternally Yours, but I don't care, I want him to be a thief. Or, at the very least, use his thieving skills more on missions.
NO THIRD-PERSON SPEECH.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2022, 12:12:49 PM »
https://youtu.be/cF9PnZsVKIs

At 1:11:55 it seems that Lenore Zann confirms that there will be a romance between Rogue and Magneto and we're hoing to get a love triangle. Noooooo! >:(   Guys, if this show ruins Gambit I'm going to be devastated. Devastated. We all know this will possibly set up the writing for Gambit to be a cuck who mopes around about Rogue. I have been so disappointed with all forms of entertainment lately. Marvel, Star Wars, DC, other franchises, movies, shows, comic books and on and on. They can't do this to me. All I want is a good Gambit I can enjoy in a decent animated show. That's all I'm asking for here. I will be so bummed if they screw this up.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 12:17:31 PM by wantutosigh »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2022, 01:18:51 PM »
I don't think that she confirms it with her answer.

At this point I have a very low expactations for everything with Gambit that is not solo projects.
I am glad that Xtas will return but I don't have high hopes for it because I doubt that we will get a Gambit lead and  centered on him episode from it.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2022, 01:36:44 PM »
I mean, the interviewer asks her who is Rogue real love, Magneto or Gambit. Now, none of these voice actors know anything about X-men lore outside of the show. Instead, her answer is "we'll have to see what decision she makes in this show" or something like that. Read between the lines. If this wasn't in the show she would have just said Gambit because I'm sure she would know nothing about Rogue and Magneto. She also says, " we'll have to see in the show". Sounds pretty confirmed to me. If not, that was an incredibly bizarre answer.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2022, 02:29:20 PM »
I mean, the interviewer asks her who is Rogue real love, Magneto or Gambit. Now, none of these voice actors know anything about X-men lore outside of the show. Instead, her answer is "we'll have to see what decision she makes in this show" or something like that. Read between the lines. If this wasn't in the show she would have just said Gambit because I'm sure she would know nothing about Rogue and Magneto. She also says, " we'll have to see in the show". Sounds pretty confirmed to me. If not, that was an incredibly bizarre answer.

The question is bizarre in itself and her answer makes me all kinds of scared. The show has no reasons whatsoever to go down that road, I'll be furious if it does.

NicoPony

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2022, 09:19:13 PM »
There’s nothing more progressive than having a twenty-something year old pair up with a 60+ year old patriarch. I would like to be able to watch this with my kid, but if that’s a storyline, hard pass.

Welcome to your future, young women! Gotta see it ta be it. Hashtag SeeHer!

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2022, 11:32:03 PM »
What? ???