Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2022  (Read 148378 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2022
« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2022, 07:57:38 PM »

Gambit's dark struggle would be having to cook for the team while all out of seasoning and aromatics. The only thing in the pantry would be boxes of instant Kraft macaroni and cheese.

Too creative an idea for Howard to come up with.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2022, 12:41:36 AM »
So is anyone excited for the sneak peak we will get at comic con for X-Men97? Maybe a look at new animated Gambit? Perhaps a quick soundbite of Chris Potter? Anybody?

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #272 on: July 21, 2022, 06:37:37 AM »
So is anyone excited for the sneak peak we will get at comic con for X-Men97? Maybe a look at new animated Gambit? Perhaps a quick soundbite of Chris Potter? Anybody?

Yeah, I've been looking forward to it for a while. Though I don't expect they'll show too much at the con...which is fine. Even just a quick soundbite would be awesome.

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2022, 03:32:41 PM »
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/gambit-vol-6-1/

Preview pages up.  LOL that brick phone.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 03:35:17 PM by Zoks »

NicoPony

« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2022, 07:25:07 PM »
Okay, Stormy is sooo cute. I am not usually a fan of cartoony comic art, but this works for me. There’s an element of squick about de-aging a female character,  but here the art really saves us from infantilization. She looks and acts like a kid. Aw, and she does have tears in her eyes. Remy seems uber chill and confident. Good, I hope this book is just as fun as the preview.

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #275 on: July 22, 2022, 08:56:56 AM »
Just happy Gambit's not in that A.X.E. nonsense. I can avoid that money grab altogether now.

What if...Gambit's biological parents were a mutant and an external?

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #276 on: July 22, 2022, 12:48:48 PM »
You know if I thought the writers these days paid attention to any previous character interactions I would completely accept why Betsy and Rachel aren't concerned with Gambit's death. Betsy because he was considering killing her at one point and Rachel from that one incident when Gambit wanted her out of his way so he hyperfocused on that memory of the Blob naked.  ;D

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #277 on: July 22, 2022, 03:18:35 PM »
Just happy Gambit's not in that A.X.E. nonsense. I can avoid that money grab altogether now.

What if...Gambit's biological parents were a mutant and an external?

Because of past interactions I suspect anything involving Gambit's origins is directly tied to Sinister. And with Sinister's recent developments he might be the Sinister of Hearts, which the original Sinister created as a way to cut off his useless sympathies and emotions. Which would technically make Gambit British. Which in turn would make him a potential Captain Britain, assuming Rachel convinces Betsy to leave Otherworld. Seeing how Gambit is missing in action right now in Mercator, they might leave without him and Roma decides to use him as her new champion. Howard will never let him go.

Yes this speculation terrifies me too and I hope I'm wrong on all of it lol.

Edit: if you guys were hoping that the new Xtreme X-Men team would save him, nope it's set in the past.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 05:03:34 PM by Zoks »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #278 on: July 24, 2022, 07:45:42 AM »
You know if I thought the writers these days paid attention to any previous character interactions I would completely accept why Betsy and Rachel aren't concerned with Gambit's death. Betsy because he was considering killing her at one point and Rachel from that one incident when Gambit wanted her out of his way so he hyperfocused on that memory of the Blob naked.  ;D

Don't think Betsy every found out about that.  And Gambit wasn't considering killing her so much as he was considering letting her die from her injuries at the hands of Sabretooth.  In the end though, he ended up calling Beast and Xavier when she started to flatline so as far as anyone would be aware, he helped save her.

Edit: if you guys were hoping that the new Xtreme X-Men team would save him, nope it's set in the past.

Best we could probably hope for as Claremont won't have to deal with any of the baggage from the crap Gambit storylines since X-treme.  Bishop, Gambit and Sage back together is a plus.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 07:47:21 AM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #279 on: July 24, 2022, 09:41:30 AM »

Don't think Betsy every found out about that.  And Gambit wasn't considering killing her so much as he was considering letting her die from her injuries at the hands of Sabretooth.  In the end though, he ended up calling Beast and Xavier when she started to flatline so as far as anyone would be aware, he helped save her.

Best we could probably hope for as Claremont won't have to deal with any of the baggage from the crap Gambit storylines since X-treme.  Bishop, Gambit and Sage back together is a plus.

CC always had a thing for that trio and I'm okay with it.  :D

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #280 on: July 25, 2022, 10:49:13 AM »
Mondo Gambit

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2022, 06:29:21 AM »
I wonder when the X-Treme X-Men mini takes place, I know it's in the past but if I recall, for a majority of that series Gambit was powerless.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #282 on: July 26, 2022, 09:32:37 AM »

Maybe I'm mistaken but didn't he admit that during his trial (UXM #350)? I don't think he went into specifics but I think he said it he considered killing her out loud.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2022, 01:19:23 AM »
Hurray midnight digital releases!

Spoilers for Gambit #1 ahoy!

Well if you were hoping for a Gambit focused issue as title suggests you would be very disappointed, as this is clearly all about little Storm and her struggles. But it's still a good issue, as we get to see Gambit mentor Storm in a manner much different to his treatment of Laura in X-23. Whereas Laura was fully grown into her powers and well aware of her capabilities and limitations, young Storm clearly is not. Gambit is willing to let Storm take chances and fights she has no business picking to grow, while at the same time knocking her down (literally) to remind her she is still a young teenager in a very dangerous world, and if she wants to live in this world you learn quick or you won't survive. It's a good issue to get us back in that 90s mindset with the mutants dealing with the kind of problems they had then, rather than war with whichever faction doesn't like them like today. Looks like next issue we'll get to some real Gambit action. This issue was mostly establishing mentor- mentee relationship.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2022, 04:25:50 AM »
So Gambit #1.

I loved it! It is written much better than I expected. I remember Claremont`s Nightcralwer solo and it wasn`t good. Some issues were not even kinda readable for me. But Gambit is a good book.
My favorite part was art in it. Art and colors are amazing. Book can be fun and scary at the same time.

I missed that Gambit that is completely in control of the situation. Gambit that is fun at one panel but becomes REALLY SCARY next one (telling about the panel when Strom is bagging to let her go). And remember the same situation between Gambit and Jubs.

The only bad thing is that this issue felt like Gambit #0 more than #1. Only the last page showed us what adventure is coming for Remy. Or it could be called Storm and even make even more sense for this issue. I am sure that focus get changed to Gambit next issue but it felt strange for #1.

I agree that it felt like Liu`s X-23 a little bit with Strom as POV and Gambit mentoring her. The major difference is that in X-23 book Gambit was getting his ass kicked every time so Laura can save him. In Gambit #1 he is the one who is in control of situation and decides if game can go on or must be stopped.

As a result I would say that I loved it completely and can't wait for more even that book had more Strom in it than I needed. Gambit ddn`t fell as Gambit for too long. I just wish that #1 had 10 more pages to roll more Gambit focus or action.