Author Topic: The Batman - Robert Pattinson one  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
The Batman - Robert Pattinson one
« on: November 05, 2023, 07:20:42 AM »
Disclaimer of sorts - :  (I can not see movies when they are released, my area is not easy for the luxury of watching a film. I wait months if not longer to see movies.) I read spoilers or watch clips. (COVID).  My edit: late to the party as it were all the time now. LMAO.

I watched 'The Batman' (TNT is airing it.) and there are not enough words to say ... SLOW.

The 'emo' hair annoying  .. when you actually get to see him out of the suit. There needed to be more 'out of the suit' stuff.

The suit is really the star, it looks great.

Who cast Alfred, he was horrible.

I didn't finish the film. And have no intentions of doing so, I had hopes for the new 'Bats'.  And I actually want a sequel but .... it can not be like this film.

IMO- as always. I can't be the only one disappointed.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 07:27:54 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: The Batman - Robert Pattinson one
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 03:29:46 PM »
Lol, I actually watched Batman a few days ago. I thought it wasn’t bad’, but yes about the emo hair!

The ending I didn’t care for either. Guess I’ll do spoilers just in case, though you said you weren’t going to finish it Riddler blows up the ‘sea wall’ around Gotham and floods the city, but that’s not really how sea walls work, lol… And Batman’s not actually much help in fighting a flood, because he’s not Storm… But I guess it ‘inspires’ him to become more than vengeance, that he also needs to be a symbol of hope…well, alright. And there’s a teaser scene at the end that joker is going to be in the next movie. .

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 08:41:23 PM »
I'll look for the extra scene.  I appreciate the spoilers, you saved me time.  ;D

I didn't think it was 'bad' per-say, just slow. How could they make Catwoman - not the character I expected. It could be my view but I always see her far more smart and calculating than she was in the film.

You nailed the vengeance ideology.

The studio didn't go completely in the same mode (story-wise), I guess that was good.  :D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 08:48:53 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 11:07:27 AM »
I have to say I wasn't a big fan of this movie. Overly long and I'm kind of over Batman movies having to be constantly grittier and darker than the last. It tries to be grounded in reality yet goes so far over the top in action scenes. Like that ridiculous car chase with Penguin. Also, superhero movies in general have gotten completely out of control with human characters walking away from, what should be major injuries, completely unscathed. This film seemed to emulate Se7en much more than a superhero action-adventure movie. Batman villains can't have a comic book asthetic in this dark, horror film world they have created. Didn't like Catwoman either. Not a big fan of this film.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 10:44:56 PM »
Most of black widow was like that for me, ‘how is she not dead, several times already?’ And yes,  this movie was guilty of that too.

Cat woman, I can see both of your points. She was like half cunning thief and half tragic stripper trope.

Completely off topic, but still about movies, if you had heard ‘rumors’ about a certain after credits scene on the Marvels, apparently it true. I’m not sure what to think about it, if this was a couple years ago, I’d be thrilled, now, I’m still a little hopeful, but trepidatious…

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 04:32:13 PM »
I haven't seen 'Black Widow' - I felt bad for Scarlett Johansson  - the studio messed up and she was upset, understandably. The film was released, and streamed at the same time, screwing her over monetarily. I get the whole actor money thing but darn, that was harsh.

CatWoman - how disappointing in the latest film. Makes me think of the 'hate group' whose name I do not want to recall nor do I want to recall it. :). Cat and Bat had a thing going on (didn't they always, how people didn't know is beyond me. I loved it (their thing that is, I guess I ship it), great comic book. Anyway, that point aside, she is as close to Wonder-Woman as you can get and be a 'bad lady'. It's her appeal. There you go 'anti-hero'.

I'm gonna have to look up the rumors or you can just spoil me. LOL.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 04:47:29 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 11:06:28 AM »
Ok, but this is definitely spoilers if you are planning to watch the movies at all!

So at the end of the movie, Monica ends up in another reality/universe. In the mid credit scene she wakes up in a hospital room and the doctor who walks in is Beast. He’s chi, but voiced by Kelsey Grammer, who played him in X3. So that is the could-be-cool-but-mcu’s-recent track-record-isn’t -great-so-I’m-not-sure-spoiler.  ;D 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 11:15:25 AM by anya »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 06:35:27 PM »
Well, apparently my last reply was bad luck for this thread, lol. And possibly also the marvels movie (if you hadn’t heard yet, it’s doing shocking bad at the box office. Like the first unable-to-be-denied MCU bomb.)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 07:55:48 AM »
I don't think it was bad luck. Great insight to me.  ;D