Author Topic: Sci-fi and Fantasy books  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Greens

• Horseman
Re: Sci-fi and Fantasy books
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2022, 02:03:24 AM »

Yes, defintely try Mando 2.5, you'll love it ! :)

My plants are struggling right now , barely putting out any leaves etc. That black stuff (fungus?) and the construction dust really did a number on them. I'll google the chamonile tea treatment to see if I should give it a try. Thank you!

Sorry 'bout the headache over the LL. I suspect you're right and many folks aren't around anymore.

I should've known you would have cats in your gaming! ROFL! I think I pretty much suck at the online MMOs. That's okay cause I really like 'stand alone' games anyway.

So far, the only FF I've been into is FF7. I think I'm with everybody else in wondering how much they're going to change the original story when the remake trilogy is complete. I mean, [spolier] if Zach's alive, maybe Aerith will be too.

I don't like the microtransactions in gaming. If Elder Scrolls does that, then....ugh.

After my experience with ST online, I don't think I'll be trying Old Republic. I pretty much suck at it.

Tell you the truth, i've pretty much given up on reading fanfic. I did for a while when I was younger but as I've gotten older, the interest has waned. 'Non timely updates' haven't helped either. ;)

Glad you liked the art :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2022, 10:17:40 AM »
I hope the chamomile tea works. It saved my catnip that I grow for my cats. Really pungent this year. My cats know exactly where I've hidden the stuff that I harvested. Now, I am de-hydrating to give to my cat friends. I have too much this year. Maybe, I'll put out a sign and leave the nip in containers saying "free". LOL

I'll let OTW/AO3 do their thing, the library is really small in comparison to other fanfic sites they've imported.

I love MMO's, mostly because you can pick and choose what you do in-game. I don't like grouping very often with others but I have a few buds that I'll do stuff with but mostly I usually do just story stuff. I used to play World of Warcraft, but after awhile, I grew tired of mean people. Then I tried it again after a long break and when I discovered I would stand around in one of the cities and do nothing, that was the clue needed to quit it for good.

I'm only playing FFXIV because my other gaming buds are and we play all the same games in general.

ESO doesn't do the microtransformations, (it took me too long to get one of my mouse settings correct to play it). I can play now with a dedicated mouse set up. I don't do the 'event' stuff. I'm event out as it were. LOL

STOnline, I just wanted to run around like a cat. LOL Now my gaming buddy has left my ship in space and I can't remember how to get back to fleet. Cracks me up. I let him play as me sometimes. He is so much better at the 3D flying ship thing.

SWTOR isn't too bad, a little buggy sometimes and then they change a few too many things but the simplifying of other things is good. My Agent has a 'gold' gun. I get a lot of random comments on it, because it looks cool. But they took all of the 'gold' weapons out of the game. So, I get to be unique for finishing content. LOL

I don't read X-Men fanfic anymore. Too much of certain characters that I am not a fan of, and not enough of the ones I do like, so I say 'eff it'. I will read TV show fanfics (shows I like, not all. Movies too but not very often.) The non-timely updates is horrendous, and those who think their stuff is whatever with 'updates' on whatever day. No, if its done, post it. I'd rather have it ready to go, post it all and be done with it. (I don't care about comments on my stuff in fact I mildly discourage it because I can't care enough. And I've mentioned already, people are mean (gaming) but its true when it comes to fanfic and in all fandoms. Eye opening for me.)

Scripts (stories) huh? I meant to reply to that comment. I knew someone that did script stuff too. It could have been that person's style but I found it hard to read or follow. Though, I have seen some TV show scripts that were easy to follow but I really think that is due to formatting.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 01:11:19 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Greens

• Horseman
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2022, 06:12:42 PM »

Oh yeah, definitely share it if you have too much catnip. BTW, Neko,  how many cats do you actually have now?

Ohhh.... i LOVE that you have 'gaming buds'  to play with :)  The best part of those games for me is that you get to choose and customize your own character. Well, for some games.  To actually play though? I don't know why but I'm really bad at it.  Good for you that you're not though. You get lost in it too. Before you know it, an hour has passed.  :)

I love the idea of the gold  gun. NICE. Can you post a pic? Don't worry if you can't.

I strongly believe that's why fanfic writers do chapter by chapter releases etc i.e. for the comments.  It's just too obvious. I don't mind it if they actually need time to write a chapter properly or if they have the chapters ready to go and what to strategically release them for hype but just for comments is a 'no' for me especially as you said, sometimes it's only 500 words.

I noticed that there were mean people in every fandom some time back. But, some fandoms are worst than others. I just bail if I don't like the atmosphere for there are other groups from the same games that might be nicer. What is it they say? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yeah, scripts. Some scripts are harder to read cause they're shooting scripts. The ones that are generally easier to read are 'spec scripts'. Not surprisingly, I write the latter unless paid to write the shooting ones but that's mostly specific to each department for the TV/movie.

I actually went to film school after astronomy in Uni so I learnt to write these things. Maybe it is more difficult to read than novels but that's not the kind of writing I can do, I'm afraid. :(
That's okay, it's all good :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2022, 08:45:45 PM »
Oh yeah, definitely share it if you have too much catnip. BTW, Neko,  how many cats do you actually have now?

I have three at this point in time. I've had many more years ago. But we've tried to not have so many, but I'll take in a stray in need. :)

I'll post a picture of the 'gold gun'. It will be an attachment.

Re: Comments on fanfic
I agree, its sort of an attention thing. I get it. But I think it shouldn't be so important. Creativity is just that, let it roll.

It will be an edit for my character's gun. LOL - I added a post instead.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 06:34:20 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2022, 06:28:24 PM »
My Gold Gun and My Chiss. :)

Offline Greens

• Horseman
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2022, 11:34:58 PM »

Oh, three cats, just like in your Gambit profile pic! ;) You're going to make me cry about taking in strays... good on you.

Thank you for posting pics!

I am officially jealous of your golden gun. Wow, girl. I get it. I can understand why others playing with you would covet the gun! :)

Your Chiss looks a little like Nightcrawler. I'm sure he has swag and personality. ;) :)

You know, I meant to tell you, though I'm not good at MMOs. I do like co-ops besides the single player games also.

Did you play 'Dead by Daylight' or the 'Biohazard 8 Village' DLC over the weekend? I just watched friends play.
:)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2022, 01:13:05 PM »
There aren't many in my area but I'm a softie for strays, they deserve homes and love. I've rescued a few cats over my life. My current black cat is a rescue, we named him Clyde (after one of the pac-man ghosts.) Miss M (Miss Marble - she's named for one of my favorite authors character. Agatha Christie - Miss Marple) and I have Fuzzilla. I was running out of name ideas but he is long haired so it sort of works.

Yeah, that gun is cool and now its part of the outfitter system. I can get the best weapon in-game but pick an outfit with the gold gun. Sadly, my gold gun isn't the best in game any longer and not much I can do to fix it. So, outfitter it is.  ;D

RE: Dead by Night and Biohazard 8 Village. Never heard of either, I'll look them up. LOL

Edit: Yeah, my Chiss does look like Nightcrawler, no elf ears or tail but the coloring and swagger is there. LOL
I almost forgot, Chiss Grand Admiral Thrawn was mentioned in the Mandalorian. I'm hoping the showrunners/producers add him to the show for a few episodes.

The other thing I forgot is the animal near me in the first image is my 'cat'. It's called a Nexu, has four eyes, tons of teeth and a forked tail. It's so ugly its cute.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 09:26:58 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Greens

• Horseman
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2022, 06:30:32 PM »

I like those names especially Fuzzilla. Made me laugh :)

Yeah, that's right, Thrawn was mentioned so I think that means we'll see him soon enough. You're right. :)

For some reason, I thought that was  a boss your Chiss fought and won. LOL!  Ah, so he/she is not a foe but a friend, cool :)

Those games are 'horror' type stuff but I forgot to mention to you that 'Ghost of Tsushima' is a FABULOUS game. It's cinematic, beautiful and the music..... oh, the music....

The story, the gameplay, the characters..... a fab game. I was so hoping it would win Game Of The Year but alas, it did not.

Wonder what will win this year? Fall Guys or Among Us? LOL! I think those two were so popular this year ! ;)

And one of my friends told me that XTAS was turning 30 this year? Wow.... made me feel old! LOL.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2022, 10:11:23 AM »
Well, I wanted to name Fuzzilla, Godzilla but his meow is really pathetic in an amusing way. He doesn't purr loud either. I compromised. I did have another black cat that passed on that I named Minion. He followed Clyde everywhere to his annoyance. I had a deaf white cat. He used to go to Church. Not kidding. He would waltz in during service and rub up against the Preacher. My daughter brought him to me. No creative name for him. "White Kitty", its not like he could hear us call him anyway. Vet confirmed that he was deaf, you'd have to wake him to eat. LOL

No, my Nexu was not won from a boss. He/She/It, I don't know - was given to me from a gaming bud out of a 'cartel pack'. Those are boxes you win or can buy with in-game money or real money if you really want the things. I got two of them, I gave one to hubby. He wanted the Akk Dog but they were hard to find - Nexu it is.

The Nexu is my companion, helps me in fights. I can set on tank, dps or heals. I usually have him on heals, as I can do all the damage on my own. Plus if I need help, I do ask those that still play the game with me. In general, I'd rather roll the game on my own. It's on my time schedule, I don't have to wait and I play what parts I want. I have a bud who loves Flash-Points, (I can't stand them - done too many and incredibly fatigued by the game play.) Then he complains when the game finder gives him the same one over and over. You can only do so many of the same before boredom kicks in.

However, there is one FP that I'm the Queen of - 'Star Fortress'. I can run that bad-boy really fast and still help others get all the achievements I have for running it. Sometimes I 'charge in-game currency' to run folks, other times I don't care. All my gaming buds go to me for that one.

My one gaming bud and I are also 'datacron masters'  - there is something you get for finding them all, and he and I not only have them all, we've mastered how to get them all. Whatever ones he's great at, he takes the lead. The ones I'm great at, I have lead and those that follow are happy to get their stuff. LOL We offer often for those who don't have it all, but again - timing and all that.

I can't believe you mentioned 'Among Us' - I have played it. I'm terrible at it but on Discord, we stream to help each other but for me, its like, we know where she is. LOL.

XTAS - 30. Wow. The animation does not stand up well to the new TV's, Computer or Phone formats now. It's pixel-ly (I made that word up, but it works). It's like you need a 'tube' tv to watch it, I tried watching on Disney+, I can't. The animation is so distorted. I would have to dumb down my TV, I think. I have a hard enough with as it is - to try and get the right settings. I do have the show on DVD, not that I use that thing much or at all. LOL
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 10:49:43 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Greens

• Horseman
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2022, 11:30:27 PM »

Well, I wanted to name Fuzzilla, Godzilla but his meow is really pathetic in an amusing way. He doesn't purr loud either. I compromised. I did have another black cat that passed on that I named Minion. He followed Clyde everywhere to his annoyance. I had a deaf white cat. He used to go to Church. Not kidding. He would waltz in during service and rub up against the Preacher. My daughter brought him to me. No creative name for him. "White Kitty", its not like he could hear us call him anyway. Vet confirmed that he was deaf, you'd have to wake him to eat. LOL

I don't know why but I love your stories about your cats. It sort of soothing to hear about the love between you guys.

No, my Nexu was not won from a boss. He/She/It, I don't know - was given to me from a gaming bud out of a 'cartel pack'. Those are boxes you win or can buy with in-game money or real money if you really want the things. I got two of them, I gave one to hubby. He wanted the Akk Dog but they were hard to find - Nexu it is.

Oh, I was going to ask you about dogs in the game but then I forgot! LOL

The Nexu is my companion, helps me in fights. I can set on tank, dps or heals. I usually have him on heals, as I can do all the damage on my own. Plus if I need help, I do ask those that still play the game with me. In general, I'd rather roll the game on my own. It's on my time schedule, I don't have to wait and I play what parts I want. I have a bud who loves Flash-Points, (I can't stand them - done too many and incredibly fatigued by the game play.) Then he complains when the game finder gives him the same one over and over. You can only do so many of the same before boredom kicks in.

True, true.... and what's annoying too are Quick Time events, if you're not on your game and playing attention

However, there is one FP that I'm the Queen of - 'Star Fortress'. I can run that bad-boy really fast and still help others get all the achievements I have for running it. Sometimes I 'charge in-game currency' to run folks, other times I don't care. All my gaming buds go to me for that one.

My one gaming bud and I are also 'datacron masters'  - there is something you get for finding them all, and he and I not only have them all, we've mastered how to get them all. Whatever ones he's great at, he takes the lead. The ones I'm great at, I have lead and those that follow are happy to get their stuff. LOL We offer often for those who don't have it all, but again - timing and all that.

Oh, I haven't heard of 'Star Fortress' or the 'datacron masters' but that's probably due to me being 'a lazy gamer'.
I don't have an affinity for getting all the achievements and such, so, when you think about it, I probably would've been one of your clients, paying you to get them for me!

I can't believe you mentioned 'Among Us' - I have played it. I'm terrible at it but on Discord, we stream to help each other but for me, its like, we know where she is. LOL.

You know, now that I think about it, I think  'Among us' was from last year. Or was it this year.... I can't remember. Anyway, I would pay REAL money to see a playthrough of you in 'Among Us'.  I'm sure it's hilarious fun when your buds find you! It's making me laugh right now! All in good fun, all in good fun)

XTAS - 30. Wow. The animation does not stand up well to the new TV's, Computer or Phone formats now. It's pixel-ly (I made that word up, but it works). It's like you need a 'tube' tv to watch it, I tried watching on Disney+, I can't. The animation is so distorted. I would have to dumb down my TV, I think. I have a hard enough with as it is - to try and get the right settings. I do have the show on DVD, not that I use that thing much or at all. LOL

Oh my goodness, girl. I'm with you. The animation does not hold up for XTAS or the style, if you ask me. But, I don't revisit it often. When I do, it's only for the Gambit parts. I'm apprehensive about the reboot series from what I've been hearing about it. i don't even know if I'll watch it. I guess we'll see....

edit: odd formatting, font, size and other oddness. LOL
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 10:06:31 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2022, 10:32:48 AM »
I should have been more specific. LOL
'Star Fortress' is in Star Wars: The Old Republic (SW:TOR) game that I play. It's a Flash-Point for rep for the 'Alliance' you build with end game of some story line. The Akk Dog is also in that game, I actually have one but the game took all the special traits out, its a bummer but it makes all the companions equal I suppose, less code for the extras.
Datacrons are also in SW:TOR, its something different to do in the game. When I say 'masters', my bud and I have it down to a science on how to get them all.

Achievements are fun, most I get accidentally. I got two in 'Star Fortress' without knowing how I did it, when a guild mate asked me, I'm like ... can't say, don't know. I'd tell you if I knew what I did, I was too busy trying to beat the boss to know what thing I did to get it. The only thing I know is it was a timing thing near the end of the fight. Funny part, that guild mate spent time trying to get that achievement (he was incredibly competitive and a bit of an ass. I knew it too, his view was how could Neko get some hard to get achieve that he doesn't have, he was never a fan of my game play.) The number of people telling me how to play or what to do can really sour one on a game. If I ask, that's one thing, but people can be a bit much with unwanted advice. Or the video says to do this! pfft. Outside the box baby, outside the box, more winning than one would think. The fact I don't give up easily is probably a good thing. 

'Among Us', I'll share discord if we play again. We haven't in some time but I know we'll have to have a channel to ourselves or they'll find me all the time. LOL - They meant to teach the game but damn, they also used the advantage. Makes me laugh too because, how silly.

Yeah, I'll check out the new XTAS, mainly because I think the animation will be really good. Animation has come a long way, it came back with tech when industry cheapen out in 1980's and some in the 1990's. It was expensive to produce then, not so much now with tech.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 12:45:04 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Greens

• Horseman
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2022, 06:31:04 PM »

Re: Star Fortress and Datacrons- ah, I see. well, learn something new everyday! Thank you :)

Wow, what a 'not so nice feeling' to know that he thought that way. Maybe, it wasn't too specific to you. Maybe he would have been that way to anyone who got the achievement before he did. And I agree, sometimes 'happy accidents' can happen while playing and you end getting stuff you didn't know was up for grabs! LOL. Oh... I hope it didn't sour your relationship with the guild mate, all the same.

Ha ha! They probably just couldn't help themselves and had to get you when they could in 'Among Us'.  What do you look like? Do you have a plant on your head and a companion (I know you probably think of the latter as your cat in the game ;)  )?

You're right, the animation is bound to be better but I worry for Gambit. Maybe I'm jaded, but, it's the storylines that I'm nervous about for new XTAS, especially regarding Gambit, Tell you the truth, I don't much care about the rest except maybe Kurt and Beast but, yeah like I'd said, we'll see, I guess....

Well girl, I'm not going to be online much for the rest of this month because we have a 'family rememberance' thing coming up, followed by Thanksgiving and then my birthday. Family is flying in soon so we're starting on preparations from this weekend.

I've had a blast touching base and chatting with you. Catching up with my friend. It's been so fun, I can't tell you. Fun part of my day. *big hug* until, next time, girl.  :gambit:

Offline Greens

• Horseman
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2022, 07:02:12 AM »
I've been trying  for days to check the board quickly for your answer of what you look like in 'Among Us'. I was just too curious! LOL

Ohhh... but no luck. Well, if I don't speak to you by then, 'Happy Thanksgiving' Neko and all of the Gambit fans too. :gambit:

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2022, 08:26:34 AM »
I thought you were afk for family and Thanksgiving. It sounded like you would not be back til the end of the month. LOL
My bad on no reply.
Among Us, tbh, I have no clue what I look like in that game. It was sort of candy corn looking thing. LOL

Offline Greens

• Horseman
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2022, 10:49:13 AM »
No, no, you're right. It's just, I needed to get away from it, for a bit. We're commemorating mum's death and also her sister's.  And unexpectedly, their brother died as well .

So, I just needed a break and I thought I would see what you said you looked like in the game. But, I could never get around to it until yesterday or whatever day it was. All the days are the same now. lol.

Anyway, I think I know that candy corn look! :)  So, yeah, no worries : )