Author Topic: Gambit 2024  (Read 96568 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Gambit 2024
« on: December 27, 2023, 09:27:12 PM »
The new thread for the year of 2024.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit 2024
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 09:37:04 PM »
From old thread:
Does anyone have any pics of what Gambit will look like in x-men 97???

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 06:54:44 AM »
https://comicbookmovie.com/x_men/x_men-97/x-men-97-episode-titles-revealed---what-do-they-tell-us-about-the-first-season-possible-spoilers-a208552#gs.2rg3qi

This is the rumored titles for the episodes in X-Men 97. People are speculating what the episodes might be about based on the titles. But for me, if you look at episode 5 it's titled "Remember It". As we know, one of Gambit's famous lines from the show is, "The name's Gambit, remember it!" Now, I do believe they had some else say that line like Cyclops or something. But that line is definitely known as a Gambit phrase. I think everyone who is a fan of the show would agree. So is this a Gambit-centric episode in season 1? What could it be about? What would you like it to be about?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 07:21:12 AM by wantutosigh »

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023, 03:55:12 AM »
Quote from: GambitMojo link=topic=5348.msg80579#msg80576
Does anyone have any pics of what Gambit will look like in x-men 97???

Box art for the related figure should be pretty indicative.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2023, 02:07:12 PM »
I would hope the art for merch is the same. ;)

Here are the ‘posters’ that have been released for the show. The design looks the same here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/15oz03k/new_visual_art_posters_from_disney_original_xmen/

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2023, 07:27:09 AM »
Yeah, I think that's the only image of Gambit from X-Men  97. Honestly, I believe there's only one image of all of them. It's a little odd there hasn't been a trailer or some in-show images released considering the show is not far away.There is really no new info at all except the rumored episode titles I posted earlier. 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 07:28:51 AM by wantutosigh »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2024, 04:53:05 PM »
Happy New Year to everyone!
Ihope 2024 will be a great year for Gambit!I am hopeful for:

1. Great Tatum's Gambit cameo in DP3.

2. Optimistic about new X-Men books. I hope Remy will be written by a good writter that likes him.

3. I hope for the best but have really low expectations for XTAS.It seems it will be just a Jean and Scott show with Jean's clone, Jean's son and Jean and Cyke's obsessed villain Sinister.I will be shocked if we get a Gambit centric episode in it or his connecrions to Sinister will be used.

Probably won't happen but with Gambit in DP3 and XTAS97, I hope he will finally get a new solo ongoing by a writer like Donny Cates that can use all his old awesomness and add a fresh new take to move him forward.

Stay safe, everyone and be happy.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 05:18:07 PM by purplevit »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 05:52:09 AM »
https://comicbookmovie.com/x_men/x_men-97/x-men-97-episode-titles-revealed---what-do-they-tell-us-about-the-first-season-possible-spoilers-a208552#gs.2rg3qi

This is the rumored titles for the episodes in X-Men 97. People are speculating what the episodes might be about based on the titles. But for me, if you look at episode 5 it's titled "Remember It". As we know, one of Gambit's famous lines from the show is, "The name's Gambit, remember it!" Now, I do believe they had some else say that line like Cyclops or something. But that line is definitely known as a Gambit phrase. I think everyone who is a fan of the show would agree. So is this a Gambit-centric episode in season 1? What could it be about? What would you like it to be about?

I agree that Remeber it is a Gambit`s phrase but it also was used by Cable who also will be in XTAS.

Possible spoilers that I found on the internet. Show will start as good time for mutants so Remy and Rogue will try to live normal life. Sinister and Bastion will team up as villains for final 3 episodes.
X-Cutioner and Madelyne Pryor will appear as villains.

To Me, My X-Men - Mags?
  • Mutant Liberation Begins - Wolverine episode? Of course we will have a Wolverine solo episode.
  • Fire Made Flesh - Jean or Madelyne Pryor?
  • Motendo - Jubs and Sunspot in Mojoworld
  • Remember It - Gambit and Rogue? Maybe here X-Cutioner will appear?
  • Bright Eyes - Cyke?
  • Shine With Strength Reborn - Xavier return?
  • Tolerance is Extinction – Part 1
  • Tolerance is Extinction – Part 2
  • Tolerance is Extinction – Part 3
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 05:54:11 AM by purplevit »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024, 06:06:53 PM »
Gambit makes an appearance next to Mystique in Rise of Powers of X. He does something I don't think he's done since he had New Sun powers... Or when Tini Howard wrote him.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/rise-of-the-powers-of-x-1-preview-x-tinction-event-looms/
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2024, 04:15:39 PM »
Nothing new huh? Just asking.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2024, 05:27:57 PM »
I think I saw him do something... I'm sorry - there's no reason for me to read X-Men at the moment. All I know is that they are getting ready to remove mediocre writers and replace them with some washed-up mediocre writers. Except for Gail Simone... I enjoyed her writing in the past, but that was literally two decades ago.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2024, 06:32:57 PM »
Interesting .... well, this update from you Don is better than nothing. I had no idea they (Marvel) were changing things up. Good. Gail is a good add or at least, she should be, we'll see. Thanks.

Offline GambitMojo

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2024, 06:24:49 AM »
Xmen 97
I hate that disney owns them

https://thedirect.com/article/x-men-disney-plus-reboot-superheroes-logos.    <----- 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 06:27:15 AM by GambitMojo »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2024, 07:05:52 PM »
Why don’t they just release the show already?!?!? What’s the hold up?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2024, 04:53:00 PM »

Interesting .... well, this update from you Don is better than nothing. I had no idea they (Marvel) were changing things up. Good. Gail is a good add or at least, she should be, we'll see. Thanks.

Yes. After Hickman abandoned ship and let those hacks linger in phase 1 of his 3 act story - sales tumbled consistently for... Well, from the moment he left (Inferno). The only thing keeping them afloat was revamping books to #1 and using The Hellfire Gala as excuse to sail a thousand DNA variant covers (actually effing gorgeous stuff).

The current line editor is being shipped off to parts unknown of the company and being replaced by Tom Brevoort. He's bringing in his own people including Gail, and Rob Liefeld (barf) among others. Personally I hope he brings in Donny Cates. Unfortunately he promises to eventually inflate the amount of books they will have to what they are cancelling. So... There's that.