Author Topic: Gambit 2024  (Read 96587 times)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit 2024
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2024, 06:12:21 PM »
Yes. After Hickman abandoned ship and let those hacks linger in phase 1 of his 3 act story - sales tumbled consistently for... Well, from the moment he left (Inferno). The only thing keeping them afloat was revamping books to #1 and using The Hellfire Gala as excuse to sail a thousand DNA variant covers (actually effing gorgeous stuff).

The current line editor is being shipped off to parts unknown of the company and being replaced by Tom Brevoort. He's bringing in his own people including Gail, and Rob Liefeld (barf) among others. Personally I hope he brings in Donny Cates. Unfortunately he promises to eventually inflate the amount of books they will have to what they are cancelling. So... There's that.
Goodness. I might check out books again. It sounds good, but I'm wary. Those in the 'know' keep us up to date. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 06:47:11 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2024, 06:01:05 AM »
I loved Dark X-Men mini by Foxe.
Didn`t care for main story but Gambit was great in it.
Darker setting fits Remy great as character. He was skilled, smart and dangerous. Loved it!

It was cool to see him interact for the first time with Azazel (definitely would love to see more of their team up), Madelyne Pryor, Maggot and Gimmick (mutant girl that was dressed as Gambit in her first appearances).

With X-Men 97, possible Tatum cameo in Deadpool 3 and X-Men relaunch in July I hope 24 will be a great year for Remy and for all you ;)

P.S. Neko, did you ever play Marvel Snap?
I played it probably a few months ago and got destroyed by player with nick Neko with orange cat avatar? Coincidence? :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 06:27:38 AM by purplevit »

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2024, 10:11:16 AM »
Darker setting fits Remy great as character. He was skilled, smart and dangerous. Loved it!

It was cool to see him interact for the first time with Azazel (definitely would love to see more of their team up), Madelyne Pryor, Maggot and Gimmick (mutant girl that was dressed as Gambit in her first appearances).

With X-Men 97, possible Tatum cameo in Deadpool 3 and X-Men relaunch in July I hope 24 will be a great year for Remy and for all you ;)

I played it probably a few months ago and got destroyed by player with nick Neko with orange cat avatar? Coincidence? :)

No, never played it. It is coincidence. Neko is Japanese for cat, thus the avatar chosen I suspect. I'm surprised the name was taken or not allowed. I usually can't get the name in most of the games I do play, I have to extend it out. LOL.
Good luck with the game!  :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2024, 09:33:56 PM »

Don't you dare give me hope...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2024, 05:40:56 PM »
Everyone can relax.
Gambit has returned!

X-Men 97 trailer. Release March 20.

https://youtu.be/pv3Ss8o9gGQ?si=UYR23KTKxyrz5jMr

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2024, 05:43:15 PM »
Chris Potter will voice Cable in X-Men 97 and Gambit will be voiced by other actor.
I dunno. Maybe Chris is too old.

Also it is rumored that Tatum's Gambit is in front of Patch Wolverine variant in Deadpool 3 trailer (1:20).

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2024, 06:37:25 PM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 06:43:52 PM by anya »

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2024, 05:21:05 AM »
Chris Potter will voice Cable in X-Men 97 and Gambit will be voiced by other actor.
I dunno. Maybe Chris is too old.

Why the hell would Chris Potter come back and not voice Gambit? Doesn't make sense to me. Oh well, as long as the new guy is good and it's not Tony Daniels.

I thought the trailer looked good. Gambit charging Wolverine's claws is the highlight for a lot of people. I get that they want it to look just like the 90's show but I would have been ok with the animation being a bit smoother this time. I mean, it wasn't an artistic choice at the time, it was budget restrictions.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 05:24:03 AM by wantutosigh »

Offline GambitMojo

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2024, 05:50:19 AM »
Wolverine sound a mechanical

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2024, 10:17:26 PM »
He does sound kinda weird, even weirder that it is the original voice actor. Storm too through not as bad. Maybe Potter was ‘too old’ to voice gambit again (his voice had changed too much.)

On a slightly different topic, magneto kinda looks ridiculous, lol.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2024, 10:46:02 PM »
Ok, so we know the actor who originally voiced gambit isn’t reprising the role and is playing Cable instead. This is the ‘reason’ given by the showrunner:
“Substituting Potter for Bayne (original Cable actor) enhanced the unconventional dynamic between cable and his father, Scott summers.”

…how does that make any sense whatsoever? Am I just too tired too get it?  :idiot2:

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2024, 07:52:28 PM »
Maybe the thought process at the voice actors age by now that the more gruff sound would work best for Cable. I don't know but it would make sense. Just throwing it out there.  XD

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2024, 11:54:51 PM »
The actor sounding older, and sounding more like cable, sure I could see that, it would have been a logical enough explanation. But how does that have anything to do with the cyclops/ cable father/son dynamic?  ??? :o :(

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2024, 04:15:06 AM »
Some X-Men teaser relaunch from bleedingcool.

Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue and Wolverine will be a fantastic team! It seems their X-Men book will be really written by Gail and hopefully drawn by David Marquez who can turn even the worst costumes into Gold. So excited for Gambit and Wolverine to be on the same team again!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 07:41:28 AM by Nekobaghira »

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2024, 07:26:05 AM »
Thanks Purplevit.

This looks great and I'm actually intrigued by the group of XMen. I agree that it would be a fantastic team. Keep me in the loop, I actually might buy a book.
Not worried about costumes though, it could be better but ... It looks interesting.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 07:39:42 AM by Nekobaghira »