Author Topic: Gambit 2024  (Read 95716 times)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
Re: Gambit 2024
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2024, 12:43:41 PM »
From an X-Men fan perspective, the show is amazing. As a Gambit fan, not really.

He’s in some excellent action scenes, but never as a protagonist. I like his opening scene but I hate that they kept the third person thing. It made him sound dumb in the old cartoon and it still does. I don’t mind it occasionally, but he keeps saying it all the times.

I was devastated by episode two. I refuse to believe that these people chose to adapt the worst story that could’ve been adapted for Gambit. The old cartoon was one of the few cases that Romy worked well, and now it’s destroyed before it got to the best part.

I can’t accept Gambit’s arc will revolve around this disgusting plot (which doesn’t even fit into the timeline unless a 60-something-year-old man manipulating and gaslighting a teenager girl is fine now). It’s painful to watch. I hate it how it makes Gambit look.

After episode three, it seems to me this whole thing might be a red herring. Maybe they’re training around her powers to help her gain control but considering those scenes from episode two that hints about a past (and those pedo eyes don’t fool me), it’s really hard to know and the scenes from the trailers are also hard to piece together. I want to believe that is the case, for Gambit’s sake, but I don’t have my hopes up, cause even if they fix it in the end, which I think it will be the case, it’ll be forever damaged and tarnished for me.

I’m just afraid that Gambit will do something very stupid. He deserves so much better than this.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2024, 12:50:48 PM »
After episode 3 I am sure that rogneto won`t be a problem and is just a misdirection.

Gambit`s arc for season 1 maybe finally realizing that he is a hero and people needs him. Like Cyke told in ep1 hat we needed you but Remy didn`t bother even to listen.

It's looking like it. But I just hate it so so much, it's infuriating.

I hope you're right. I just don't want his motivations and decisions to revolve around jealousy.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2024, 04:09:38 PM »
Episode 3 was okay, it had some good ideas but moved way too fast...

I liked Sinister, much more scarier, Goblin Queen had a really good fight scene against Magneto (and humbled him), Gambit's hallucination was done well. Bishop was finally useful. And the Storm/Forge scene at the end was great.
What I didn't like: The Jean/Maddie stuff was really confusing and the way it got resolved. Too much going on. I'll need a second viewing I think. Gambit's character arc is still based on jealousy, BUT his hallucination suggests that he has self doubt about being a worthy hero which lines up with what Xavier told him on his death bed about not believing in himself, so maybe there's hope there.

Mixed about this episode, not as good as the first 2. But I'll view it again.

Offline GambitMojo

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2024, 07:08:18 PM »
Does Bishop havea tiny Southern twang?  :gambit:

yeah #3

oh at the end credits i LOVE that morph has THEIR pronoun
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 07:12:41 PM by GambitMojo »

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2024, 08:45:40 PM »
Episode 3 was really good. Really interesting ideas and some really cool animation. The animation really shined here.

I know it's only episode 3 but I really want to see some other characters have some time to shine now. It's pretty much been the Cyclops, Jean, and Magneto show so far. Hopefully now that this part of their story has sort of closed, we'll get some focus on other characters.

I thought they handled the little stuff with Gambit decently. His hallucination was done pretty well and as others have said, I appreciate the acknowledgement that Gambit struggles with considering himself a hero. Now, I wish they would tone down the 3rd person speak a bit. I also wished he did a little more in the scenes but like I said, that's kind of the issue with a lot of the characters right now. 
I agree that the Rogneto thing might just be a red herring but I still don't feel we're out of the woods yet. Even if nothing comes of them I still think she owes some type of explanation. But we'll see because it still hasn't been addressed yet and it has to.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 09:12:07 PM by wantutosigh »

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2024, 08:46:50 PM »
Sorry my reply posted twice and I didn't know how to delete the entire post. ???
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 09:00:26 PM by wantutosigh »

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2024, 05:25:02 AM »
I don't have much to say about this ep.
Thought the main story was rushed, but I get that may have been before they got a season 2. I thought the horror imagery and animation looked great, especially the fight between Maddie and Erik.
I surprised myself by getting a little emotional over poor baby Nate.
I guess I'm misremembering, but didn't Roberto leave after episode 1?
Now, Gambit. Hate that he's constantly using third-person; I expected it, but I'm gonna need some first-person out of him soon. I'm convinced that Romy is endgame and Rogue and Creepy Grandpa is a misdirect--he's probably trying to help her control her powers, but I hate we're having to even address it at all. I do like that we got a sense of his insecurity here, but I'm nervous about it leading to him doing something stupid in the name of heroics, probably in episode 5. I want him and Rogue to have their own separate stories not tied to anything romantic, but I doubt I'll get my wish this season.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 05:50:19 AM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2024, 06:55:31 AM »
What’s making me anxious is that if that disgusting thing is misdirection, where does that hotel scene fit in? Gambit looks angry and hurt while Rogue has an obnoxious apologetic face. And there’s also that scene you can see there’s blood on his clothes. The last thing I want to see is him doing something stupid to prove himself because he’s jealous. On the other hand he looks happy in the scene with Nightcrawler.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2024, 09:20:40 AM »
What’s making me anxious is that if that disgusting thing is misdirection, where does that hotel scene fit in? Gambit looks angry and hurt while Rogue has an obnoxious apologetic face. And there’s also that scene you can see there’s blood on his clothes. The last thing I want to see is him doing something stupid to prove himself because he’s jealous. On the other hand he looks happy in the scene with Nightcrawler.

Yeah, it's difficult to figure out his feelings from these wildly different scenes. The bloody and torn coat has me worried....Fingers crossed, as ever, that it's not jealousy-related.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2024, 02:38:36 PM »
I think that's coming from episode 5. It's titled: "Remember it" Here's the synopsis...

"As Genosha prepares to join the UN, select members of the team head to the island nation to be honorees. Back at the mansion, a behind-the-scenes press event risks airing the X-Men's dirty laundry."

My prediction...

Judging from preview shots/scenes. Select members are Wolverine, Rogue and Gambit.
They meet Nightcrawler.
The "dirty laundry" part could probably reveal Rogue and Magneto's secret and air it live.
Gambit sees this, gets upset. Rogue enters the hotel and they have a talk.
There's a big Sentinel attack in the evening and I think it distracts Rogue and Gambit's discussion.
A bloodied Gambit fighting the Sentinels. Rogue fighting along side him.
Gambit does something heroic and risks his life "The name is Gambit....Remember it", devastating Rogue. (I don't think he dies) but it he could be "dead" for an episode or 2.

Obviously I could be completely and utterly wrong. I mean it's possible that the part where Nightcrawler hugs Rogue and Gambit could be a goodbye hug after their mission was accomplished the next morning.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 02:47:08 PM by Sparta »

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2024, 06:15:57 PM »
What clip is it with Gambit and the bloody jacket? I can't find that one.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2024, 06:47:57 PM »
Not to throw another wrench in, but Cable also used the line ‘remember it’ , so it could about him coming back from the future, lol

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2024, 07:08:53 PM »
What clip is it with Gambit and the bloody jacket? I can't find that one.

The same one that has the room scene.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2024, 07:10:15 PM »
Not to throw another wrench in, but Cable also used the line ‘remember it’ , so it could about him coming back from the future, lol

Yeah, everyone jumped to conclusions but there are so real evidence that Gambit will have a significant role in this episode.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2024, 05:02:25 AM »
Most likely all from ep 5...